UberPool vs UberX

BuberDriver

When you get a Poo request does it say UberPool or just UberX? I've had a few minimum fares pay me $2.69 and I thought the min fare we received was $2.70?? I assumed the were unmatched Poo riders but I could be mistaken.

Last edited:

Basmati

Uber just likes keeping the penny sometimes. It will always say Pool for a Pool request. Also a Pool will pay minimum $3.50. A short Pool is way better than a short X.

joebo1963

Basmati is the certified pool expert on this board. I admire you because you work hard driving 11 hrs a day and you invested in a fuel efficient vehicle: you know your market

I just wonder doing 70% pools I bet you are moving all day long. How many miles you drive in s month or year ? I’ve givenup shared. Just rather park the car and wait for a lyft

JimKE

When you get a Poo request does it say UberPool or just UberX? I've had a few minimum fares pay me $2.69 and I thought the min fare we received was $2.70?? I assumed the were unmatched Poo riders but I could be mistaken.
Pool ride requests say Pool, but they don't tell you whether it is regular Pool (Poop) or Express Pool (Uberrhea).

So you could get a mix, with some pax entitled to door-to-door service and others who are supposed to walk to and from their pickup/dropoff points. Theoretically, that could cause conflict between pax -- who would take it out on the driver probably.

However, I don't take Pool rides so I don't know whether that possibility actually happens in real life.

BuberDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
good to know...don't think I'll be taking any pool requests unless there's an incentive to get more riders. Does ubers quest per passenger pickup = 1 trip like Lyft? I know if you take 3 different pax on a lyft shared it counts as 3 trips towards a reward (if they have an incentive)

JimKE

good to know...don't think I'll be taking any pool requests unless there's an incentive to get more riders. Does ubers quest per passenger pickup = 1 trip like Lyft? I know if you take 3 different pax on a lyft shared it counts as 3 trips towards a reward (if they have an incentive)
Yes -- not individual riders, but pickups. So if you get a pool ride with two additional pickups (and you actually pick them up), you will get credit for three rides.

That's actually probably the only situation where I would accept Pool, but the quest would have to be a good one. Not doing it for $10, because I can make more than that from an X ride.
Post automatically merged:

Actually, they do.
On the ride request? If so, that's a change from the last time I accepted a pool request.

Basmati

Basmati is the certified pool expert on this board. I admire you because you work hard driving 11 hrs a day and you invested in a fuel efficient vehicle: you know your market

I just wonder doing 70% pools I bet you are moving all day long. How many miles you drive in s month or year ? I’ve givenup shared. Just rather park the car and wait for a lyft
On a typical day I will make $0.90 to $0.95 per mile I put on the car for the day. This includes any incentives and tips I make tho, and includes dead miles driving home at end of day. I typically stay busy most of the day. This week I made $1140 working Monday to Friday. Drove over 1200 miles.

Yes -- not individual riders, but pickups. So if you get a pool ride with two additional pickups (and you actually pick them up), you will get credit for three rides.

That's actually probably the only situation where I would accept Pool, but the quest would have to be a good one. Not doing it for $10, because I can make more than that from an X ride.

On the ride request? If so, that's a change from the last time I accepted a pool request.
They don't say it express pool when the request comes in. They do say after you accept it tho.

Gubber Singh

On a typical day I will make $0.90 to $0.95 per mile I put on the car for the day. This includes any incentives and tips I make tho, and includes dead miles driving home at end of day. I typically stay busy most of the day. This week I made $1140 working Monday to Friday. Drove over 1200 miles.

They don't say it express pool when the request comes in. They do say after you accept it tho.
As your ( ! ) still round?

Working4peanuts

Actually, they do. ?

Your observation skills could use some improvement.

Actually, they do. ?

Your observation skills could use some improvement.
When I'm far away from home or just bored or for the semi annual quest I get from Uber, I'll accept an occasional poo. But I NEVER accept epoos anymore. NEVER.

This week I made $1140 working Monday to Friday. Drove over 1200 miles.
Wow. I applaud you! That's a boatload of miles. And a pretty good per mile rate.

Now I know why I can never make as much as you guys. I'M LAZY AND I LOATHE MOST PAXHOLES...

Do you buy a new car every year? ?

Last edited:

Basmati

They absolutely do not tell me it is E Pool until I accept the trip. I use Android tho, so maybe it is different if you use iPhone.

ggrezzi

I personally think pool ride option should be removed from UBER because the fees paid are already low, there is no need for a passenger to pay even less by selecting the pool rides, come on!
Yesterday I took an uber x service , a couple from Hialeah Gardens to FLL airport at 4:30 AM and only got paid $ 22. THat is a rip off! I am sure the customer paid over 40 for that ride. I only accept pool calls when I am having a very bad day and need to bring some $ home.

ElSapoLoco

Yesterday I took an uber x service , a couple from Hialeah Gardens to FLL airport at 4:30 AM and only got paid $ 22. THat is a rip off! I am sure the customer paid over 40 for that ride. I only accept pool calls when I am having a very bad day and need to bring some $ home.
You can check that ride and see exactly what the rider paid. But to save you time, you’re probably right. lol

joebo1963

That’s a high earnings rate but working backwards I would assume you’ve got passenger in your car most of the day so the time clock is running while moving slowly in traffic. Anyhow you’ve got a good idea of what you’re earning and what your costs are each week. I would guess most don’t keep track as you do But what if there’s no incentives? Will that deter you?

Basmati

That’s a high earnings rate but working backwards I would assume you’ve got passenger in your car most of the day so the time clock is running while moving slowly in traffic. Anyhow you’ve got a good idea of what you’re earning and what your costs are each week. I would guess most don’t keep track as you do But what if there’s no incentives? Will that deter you?
I'll still work, but not as much when it is slower and no incentives. I've been doing this almost 5 years now, and I usually don't work much during the summer. The summer is slower and I really hate sitting in the car waiting for a ping, and my wife is a teacher so she has off the entire summer also.

joebo1963

I'll still work, but not as much when it is slower and no incentives. I've been doing this almost 5 years now, and I usually don't work much during the summer. The summer is slower and I really hate sitting in the car waiting for a ping, and my wife is a teacher so she has off the entire summer also.

I cut back in the summer too. Goal is $500 week mostly morning rush and usually one full day whenever I feel it’s worth it. Take a few weeks off to travel. Get out South Florida