Uberpool survey by uber

onelanka

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How many pool rides do you do a week? Do the riders like it. Do you like it? What percentage of pool do you accept? There were about 10 to 15 questions. Nearly all questions were multiple choice. I have put down what I can remember

biozon

All of those are simple answers:

Q: Do the riders like it?
A: Not in the least. They hate it and rate the driver for this poor service that Uber introduced and forces onto people

Q: Do you like it?
A: Quite the opposite: lower ratings, lower payout, increased frustration.

Canada647

UberPool is great in countries where money is a big deal. In North America People are willing to PAY EXTRA for their own Personal Ride; quite simple.

4RSTJ6

I received this email as well, although it was worded differently than what onelanka got. But before I started the survey, it is asking me to accept an Research Participation Agreement. I'd like to show it here so I can see the group's take on it. Any red flags that you also see?

Research Participation Agreement

I hereby enter into this agreement (“Agreement”) and agree that my participation in this project or study is voluntary and may include, without limitation: (i) participation in workshops or feedback discussions with representatives of Uber Technologies, Inc. or its affiliates (“Uber”); (ii) testing Uber products, services and applications (“Products”); (iii) attending or viewing demonstrations about Product features and functionality and how Products are used or may be used in the future; (iv) completing surveys or keeping certain diary entries; and (v) telephone conversations, email and/or other correspondence with Uber (collectively, the User Research.”). I agree that User Research may take place at Uber facilities or from my home or other external locations. I agree that I have received good and valuable consideration in exchange for my participation in this project or study, including, without limitation, the opportunity to provide feedback to Uber.

1.) Confidentiality: During the User Research, I acknowledge that Uber may disclose to me certain non-public technical, business or financial information: (i) of Uber, including, without limitation, Product features and functionality, business and marketing plans, financial and pricing information and other significant business information that qualifies as a “trade secret” under the Uniform Trade Secrets Act of California; or (ii) which Uber has received from others and which Uber is obligated to treat as confidential or proprietary (collectively, “Confidential Information”). Confidential Information shall not include information previously known to me or publicly disclosed by Uber or any other party without breach of an obligation of confidentiality, either prior or subsequent to my receipt of such information. I agree that I will: (a) maintain all Confidential Information in strict confidence and not disclose Confidential Information to any third parties in any manner; and (b) not use Confidential Information for any purpose except as may be authorized by Uber in writing. All Confidential Information remains the sole and exclusive property of Uber. I agree that nothing in this Agreement will be construed as granting me any rights, by license or otherwise, in or to any Confidential Information or any intellectual property or proprietary rights of Uber. Upon written request of Uber, I agree to return all records, notes, drawings, or other documents of any sort, including any copies thereof, provided to me other otherwise, that contain Confidential Information. The obligations set forth in this Section 1 (Confidentiality) shall survive for 5 years from the date of last disclosure of Confidential Information by Uber hereunder.

2.) Submission/Recordings: I understand and agree that I may be voluntarily providing and/or submitting to Uber feedback, statements, comments, suggestions and ideas during the User Research (“Ideas”) and that my participation in the User Research may be recorded via audio and/or videotape (“Recordings”). I understand and agree that my Ideas, regardless of how submitted to Uber, either orally or in writing, will not in any way establish a confidential relationship with Uber, nor will it place Uber in the position of receiving a disclosure in trust. Uber will not be obligated (and makes no commitment) to treat or maintain the Ideas that I submit as confidential or proprietary. Also, I waive any right that I may have to inspect or approve any work product that may use the Recordings. Further, I understand and agree that Uber may (and I hereby grant Uber the worldwide, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), irrevocable, royalty free, unrestricted right to) reproduce, adapt, edit, modify, summarize, publish, exhibit, distribute, broadcast, display, perform, make, use, sell, offer for sale, and otherwise exploit the Ideas and Recordings, by any and all means and in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without compensation of any kind. In furtherance of the foregoing, to the fullest extent allowable under any applicable law, I hereby irrevocably waive my so- called “moral rights” or “droit moral” in the Ideas and Recordings.

I further acknowledge that the Ideas I submit may contain personal information, such as name, contact information, demographical information, personal opinions, and information regarding my habits and behaviors, and I consent to the collection, use, disclosure, retention and other processing of such personal information as permitted under applicable law or as described in this Agreement.

3.) General: I acknowledge that the unauthorized use or disclosure of any Confidential Information would cause Uber to incur irreparable harm and significant damages, the degree of which may be difficult to ascertain. Accordingly, I acknowledges that Uber will have the right to obtain immediate equitable relief to enjoin any unauthorized use or disclosure of its Confidential Information, in addition to any other rights or remedies that it may have at law or otherwise. In no event will Uber’s total cumulative liability under this Agreement exceed $500. This Agreement will be construed, interpreted, and applied in accordance with the laws of the State of California (excluding its body of law controlling conflicts of law). I may not assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, without Uber’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment without such consent will be void. Any modification of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by Uber. If any provision of this Agreement is invalid or incapable of enforcement for any reason, all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. This Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement regarding the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes all prior agreements and communications, oral or written, between the parties regarding the subject matter of this Agreement.​

Token44

Pretty straightforward.

Anything you give UBER is theirs to do with as they please.

Anything you learn from the interactions with UBER you cannot share with anyone.

Basically, just signing away any and all rights you may have or had to any intellectual property or information.