Uberpool meeting

appdriver

Did anyone go to this? I have glanced at some forums in other cities and this is what I see:

San Diego: 60 cents for each additional rider
Atlanta: 50 cents
Boston: 70 cents
Chicago: $1

What an absolute joke! And that has been the reaction from most people on those forums.

Just got the e-mail. 50 cents in Philly. LOL!!!

anteetr

Pools still closed
IMG_0822.jpg

Ardery

If it was a buck, I'd be happier and more accepting.

But 50 cents? I Don't think so.

Ardery

Uber pool runs at a loss for us drivers.

A one pax Ride might be 10-20 min.
While a multi pax Ride could be close to 45-60 min.

Our increase would be 1 dollar?

Nah. Keep it. I'll stick to uberx or pool and going offline.

I feel ONE THING. *insulted*

OGT

Wtf, they should atleast give enough to vacuum your car. I wouldnt even do it for $2 a pax.they need to make it a progressive %. 25% for 2nd pick up, 50% for 3rd. Then i would.

Pulchra

This minuscule increase is not to keep the drivers who do pool but rather get ones who hit the
"No thanks" button to start taking them.
I don't do pool and this chump change increase insults all drivers.
So here is an easy solution Uber...
Do away with pool all together. Your overthinking this shit. Pool riders will take X rides all day.

anteetr

What would be fair is minimum fare x number of riders x surge is the minimum fare for a linked pool ride. You get either that or total time and distance times surge, whichever is higher. And it gets bumped to XL rates for more than 4 pax.

Examples:

3 riders all pickups and dropoffs in CC within 10 blocks of city hall. No surge (lol!) Total distance 2 miles, time 20 minutes. Payout $10.80 ($3.60x3) or $10.01 for the n00bz.

2 riders picked up at SW corner of city hall. Lost idiot tourist goes to the Courtyard Marriott at the NE corner and the other guy is going home to Cottman near 95 in NE Philly. 12 miles, 30 minutes. $15.32 or $14.37 for the n00bz

Gees2016

Lol....the sad thing is some desperate Pool lovers feel like a kid in a candy store right now.....pathetic. Screw UberPool!!!!!! Still cheaper than Septa.

nm339242

A few weeks ago, I had to take an uber to pick up my car after it was inspected. It was a few miles in the suburbs. The difference between pool and x was $0.70 which makes it a win win for uber. Driver turns off new requests? He's still earning 80-something cents less since no base fare but uber is only charging 70 cents less, so 10-20 cents uber profit. He picks up another rider? All uber profit. This is why pool is not going away.

And yes, of course I took x.

Ardery

This minuscule increase is not to keep the drivers who do pool but rather get ones who hit the
"No thanks" button to start taking them.
I don't do pool and this chump change increase insults all drivers.
So here is an easy solution Uber...
Do away with pool all together. Your overthinking this shit. Pool riders will take X rides all day.
they'll NEVER do away with Uber Pool.

I HATE IT TOO.

but to play devil's advocate... it's a great business model for Uber and option for the passenger.

this is Uber's way of getting a piece of septa's marketshare.

if they offered us a buck... I'd possibly ponder it around for a little. but 50 cents... that's just an insult to everybody.

a lot of drivers don't care one way or the other. very few drivers read this forum. and some drivers don't even pay attention to the 180 days of change stuff.

I have a gut feeling on day #180 - the final frontier - the final offer of change - will hopefully be rate increases.

don't say "no way" - ya never know.

just being hopeful.