• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UberPOOL Keeps coming up at Atlana Airport RAA

Edman

Is Uber enforcing POOL pick up at the airport for Business men?

I just picked up a passenger going to downtown from the airport.
And I asked the passenger, because it is Uberpool that she requested, we might pick up another passenger along the way.

And she said, She did not want uberpoo but there was no other choice or selection button for uber X.

Is this true?

Evilblues77

And I asked the passenger, because it is Uberpool that she requested, we might pick up another passenger along the way.

And she said, She did not want uberpoo but there was no other choice or selection button for uber X.

Is this true?
in the top right corner you can discontinue Uber Requests while in Uber Pool. I do this when the passenger asks for the trip to not be disrupted. I know it goes against the Uber Pool concept.

Edman

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
"What is another lie that pax tell drivers"[/QUOTF
"What is another lie that pax tell drivers"
I picked up pax yesterday from ATL airport to Alpharetta 40miles away it was UberPOO and did not get other Pool rider request for 40miles. I just don't see business men using this sort of service when corporate is paying for the fare...

in the top right corner you can discontinue Uber Requests while in Uber Pool. I do this when the passenger asks for the trip to not be disrupted. I know it goes against the Uber Pool concept.
my question is why do business men ride POO when corporate is paying for the fare?

I picked up pax yesterday from ATL airport to Alpharetta 40miles away it was UberPOO and did not get other Pool rider request for 40miles. I just don't see business men using this sort of service when corporate is paying for the fare...

my question is why do business men ride POO when corporate is paying for the fare?

Unless you discussed with him/her you don't know who is paying travel expenses, could be an employer, he could be self-employed, coming from a personal trip, etc. Plus I am sure many like myself treat expenses as if it is my own money.

With that said, don't take pool, opt out so you don't get them.

Jamesp1234

Last week I had one that snuck in (didn't see pool till too late) and boy were they angry when I had to pick someone up...who cancelled as we got close. It wasn't really on the way and dropped me into heavy traffic.

Evilblues77

I appear as if they are savoy.

iptaylm

Send an email to uber support asking why Pool request are showing up at airport pickups. They fix everything!

Mark Johnson

But why? Why are some you drivers so desperate to drive for peanuts?

Who cares if an UberPool pax doesn't want their ride "disrupted." They should have requested an UberX ride if they wanted a non-disrupted ride. Otherwise, get ready to meet John Doe or Jane Doe if we happen to get matched.

But then again, I never accept Pool requests...

Evilblues77

Sometimes when I am driving I get a ping and rather than crash into people I just press the ping and I accept whatever. It can be difficult to take my eyes off the road on I-75 at 75mph in order to see if it is a Pool or if it is UberX

Because my theory on dealing with Azzholes is do exactly what they say and get there as quickly as possible.

Kmac95

Here's a thought? Could we get in trouble if we accept a pool request. Send the pax a message, "I'm sorry UberPool doesn't pay my bills." Then cancel the trip, do not charge pax.
And then they screen shot it and send it to Uber support in there spare time? I wouldn't even bother.

iptaylm

I was sitting at the airport last night when I got down to like car 8. The ping I got was for some crap ride not even from the airport. Ignore. I'm not doing that anymore. I'm so tired of this app matching me to somebody 10 or 15 minutes away when I'm at the damn airport. It makes zero sense.
I had a few of those today when I tried the lot. Got down to 5 had a pool and an x request not even at the airport. Ignored and didn't lose my place in que. then got an north terminal pickup to Hyatt downtown for a whopping $9. I'm staying XL only from here on out.

If I get a second request I accept and finish the ride I'm on and make the 2nd person give up on me and cancel. Losers.

Lady_Driver

I had a few of those today when I tried the lot. Got down to 5 had a pool and an x request not even at the airport. Ignored and didn't lose my place in que. then got an north terminal pickup to Hyatt downtown for a whopping $9. I'm staying XL only from here on out.

If I get a second request I accept and finish the ride I'm on and make the 2nd person give up on me and cancel. Losers.
Lol

Mark Johnson

How much was that fare if I may ask?

capable

Is this true?
That's a lie. She has option but went for the cheapest

Why would u grant them their request when they requested pool, I won't even tell the rider and just head straight to the next rider , next time they won't request it if they don't feel comfortable sharing a ride