1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

UberPool Improvemts E-Mail

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by BWC38, Jul 7, 2016.

1. BWC38

BWC38 Active Member

Got an e-mail the other day from Uber. It states Pool rides will be improved starting now. I forget specifically what the improvements are, but has anyone used the new and "improved" UberPool?. If so, has it changed for the better?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    Michael - Cleveland likes this.
  2. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow Well-Known Member

Can you post the email ?

3. BWC38

BWC38 Active Member

Attached Files:

Michael - Cleveland likes this.
  4. JimS

JimS Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    They are "improving" it by making it impossible to reject a rider.

lol but not really.

Michael - Cleveland and BWC38 like this.
  5. BWC38

BWC38 Active Member

If I am confused. It comes off as drivers now being FORCED to use the Partner app GPS for pool specific trips, and I don't care to use that GPS as I am most comfortable using Google maps. If that's the case, it's a negative. Not an improvement

They haven't improved much of anything as far as safety when the new rider is added because driver still has to wait for GPS info to load and that can take multiple seconds. What if I am in heavy traffic and need all eyes on the road?. UberPool is a failure when it comes to us drivers. For pax, they don't care. All they want is cheapest ride possible and Uber promoting up to 50% off compared to UberX, it will only get worse

Automatically adding a new rider, which is another sign of FORCE is a negative and makes pool worse than what it already is. Driver should have the option to opt out of Uber pool with these downgrade changes but it won't happen. Looks like my days of working guarantees are over. Will just have to catch the late night surges when the hourly periods are over

Uber stated they made these changes to improve pool for drivers is complete BS. They just want more control. If you are not working the incentives, taking pools are now almost next to pointless. At least for me it is

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016

6. JimS

JimS Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I guess you can always reject the first pool request. Then you won't get more. It'll affect your acceptance rate, but that only hurts newbies.

7. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

Ask Hilary Clinton. She seems to be an expert on the subject.

8. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow Well-Known Member

omg you guys this is horrible !

they are forcing everyone to accept every pool trip !

9. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Thank you for posting this Uber Notification!

SibeRescueBrian and BWC38 like this.
  10. BWC38

BWC38 Active Member

Why is no one talking about this?. I need to know if it's mandatory or not

11. big A

big A Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Just accept the trip and just drop off your first passenger like you normally would and the person who requested the 2nd pool will cancel it always happens when I do it that way

12. Koolbreze

Koolbreze Active Member

They said last week they made another improvement. If POOL ride originates at the airport 2nd and 3rd will originate there also. If not at the airport the 1st passenger will be picked up at address 2 and 3 will be close and instructed to be at the curb for easy pick up. Sounds like they copied some of VIA's ways. Still the same crappy pay though.

13. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    iOS app only!!

14. Koolbreze

Koolbreze Active Member

Uber sent out a survey. How do I feel about UberPOOL. Hope they take the answers seriously

15. bandit13

bandit13 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't do POOL. I stopped accepting last fall.

It's a nightmare and not worth driving for 1.5 hrs with whiny riders asking why it takes so long for them to get to their destination for $ 5.00.

I don't even pick up POOL when there is a surge.

I just go offline and put up with a drop % of Acceptance rate.

Just not worth the gas, time and headache of cheap riders.

The money just doesn't add up.

POOL has a really bad rap in Toronto. Riders complain about hating it more than drivers.

16. Dback2004

Dback2004 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    We don't have pool in my market thankfully but from what I've heard there's stories of pax threatening drivers for accepting new pool requests when en route. This would correct that problem.

17. Bpr2

Bpr2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    In those cases I explain that I can end the ride at their request and then explain how they can request a new uber at x rates. If the request doesn't come to me (uber doesn't like riders playing favorites even if I'm the nearest car) I explain the 300 feet rule and then drive off if that doesn't work either