UberPool decreases overall pay

AwesomeKev27

What I gather, based on some basic math and adjusting for expenses, is that UberPool rides are less profitable than regular rides. What are your thoughts on this? The bonuses at the moment are helpful but once they are gone and basic rides apply, are we getting less profit in the end?

JimKE

The bonuses at the moment are helpful but once they are gone and basic rides apply, are we getting less profit in the end?
Pool -- and everything else Uber does -- is designed to make Uber more money, not us. As it should be -- Uber is a for-profit company and they have to answer to their investors.

Having said that, I think Pool is much less of an issue than lowering driver rates in large markets. From a driver perspective, that hurts everyone.

If you don't like Pool, don't drive it. But when they lower rates to the levels they have in Atlanta and other big markets, you really have to wonder why people drive.

tohunt4me

What I gather, based on some basic math and adjusting for expenses, is that UberPool rides are less profitable than regular rides. What are your thoughts on this? The bonuses at the moment are helpful but once they are gone and basic rides apply, are we getting less profit in the end?
Well known FACT !

Jufkii

Email Support with your issues about less profit. Can't wait for your next post regarding their reply.

tohunt4me

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-19-18-27-36.png
    Screenshot_2016-11-19-18-27-36.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 45

touberornottouber

It's not only less pay for you for the ride but also overall for everyone. Think about it. Two or three separate rides now become one ride. If every ride were pool it could easily almost half the amount of available rides in the city.

AwesomeKev27

Thanks guys- I know that a lot of people feel this way but has anyone done the math to show that this is in fact the case - I haven't seen that anywhere. Without taking a methodical approach, breaking down the math, and with so many other changing factors at play - I think its difficult to know for sure, right?

I've heard the other argument that because you're able to complete more pickups in less time, the lower pay per ride makes up for itself, especially in large cities where second pickups are often just a few blocks out of the way. Yes the profit margin is lower per ride but with a higher volume, a larger total profit could be made.

Drivincrazy

More stop n go in traffic, more cargo weight, more wear on car equals more driver profit? I don't think so. At least $1 per pax charge extra for drivers might be fair.

crazy916

Besides the mass hiring of drivers, I believe UberPool is the reason why surge has decreased. What used to take 2 or more driver to complete the work is now being assigned to 1 driver. This increases supply while keeping demand at the same level. I wish I could provide numbers to back this up, but numbers are either outdated or not available. Accepting UberPool not only earns you less for the same amount of work, but also lowers the pay of all drivers in the area.

AwesomeKev27

increases supply while keeping demand at the same level. I wish I could provide numbers to back this up, but numbers are either outdated or not available. Accepting UberPool not only earns you less for the same amount of work, but also lowers the pay of all drivers in the area.
Really good response. Thanks! DrivinCrazy - good point about the added weight