Uberpool commission should be 10-20-30%

Canada647

lets say that UberPool might be the future; if it is and UberX dies ~ we will likely see alot of drivers leave

NFIH

I will take that as a suggestion. Sounds like a good idea to me.
*You* will take that as a suggestion? Who are "you"? Between your very oddly particular use of pronouns here and your seemingly insider-like knowledge of Uber's inner workings, I have to ask: Do you work for Uber in some capacity other than as a driver?

UberZF

*You* will take that as a suggestion? Who are "you"? Between your very oddly particular use of pronouns here and your seemingly insider-like knowledge of Uber's inner workings, I have to ask: Do you work for Uber in some capacity other than as a driver?
*He* is one of the first drivers in the city, and *He* has direct contact with the City & Uber operations. Let there be no mistake... *He* is one of the people responsible for the fact we have a generally good bit of legislation that makes us Legal.

NFIH

*He* is one of the first drivers in the city, and *He* has direct contact with the City & Uber operations. Let there be no mistake... *He* is one of the people responsible for the fact we have a generally good bit of legislation that makes us Legal.
How do you know he's one of the first drivers in the city? And what difference would that make anyway?

Why does he, in particular, have "direct contact with the city and Uber operations"?

How, specifically, is he responsible for whatever legislation there is that makes Uber legal?

All you did was raise even more questions about who he is, his origins and the nature of his connection, if any, to Uber.

UberZF

Maybe if you showed up to support the Rally's and at City Hall, you would know.
He has driven me in the past on a couple occasions as a Rider.
He's been working as a Driver Advocate/Liaison for some time.
And many things that have been suggested through him, have seen their way into realization for the masses of Drivers in Toronto.

As for the Legislation matters, there were a number of suggestions that he helped with that made it into the recommendations that were eventually adopted. He represented the Voice of many drivers during the drafting.

How do you know he's one of the first drivers in the city? And what difference would that make anyway?

Why does he, in particular, have "direct contact with the city and Uber operations"?

How, specifically, is he responsible for whatever legislation there is that makes Uber legal?

All you did was raise even more questions about who he is, his origins and the nature of his connection, if any, to Uber.

NFIH

Maybe if you showed up to support the Rally's and at City Hall, you would know.
And do what? Help craft those alternately clueless or insulting boilerplate messages the CSRs are obliged to hand out in lieu of useful aid whenever you contact Uber about anything? I don't think so.

This isn't a job worth doing more than very part-time as he himself has noted, most recently within the last week, if memory serves. You get in and get out as quickly as a proper job will carry you. You don't waste your time advocating on behalf of Uber.

He has driven me in the past on a couple occasions as a Rider.
So you know him by name, then?

He's been working as a Driver Advocate/Liaison for some time.
Is this a formal position and title? (I note you even capitalized "driver advocate/liaison," which suggests it is.) Is it paid by Uber? If it's formal and associated with Uber, why aren't his posts highlighted as such so that everyone is aware of the context of his posts (which is that he is formally affiliated with Uber and may in fact be receiving financial or other compensation from Uber)?

He represented the Voice of many drivers during the drafting.
Given what you appear to have revealed here, coupled with what I've observed is his highly uncritical position toward Uber, it sounds much less like he's the "voice" of Uber drivers and more like he's Uber's representative among drivers. Those are two *very* different positions.

Actionjax

I'm not here to defend myself but types who know me on here in person know both how long I have been involved both working with both Uber and the city.

Lately I have been consulted and I am proactive in a number of Uber related releases. In some cases testing the changes before you would see them. (And that's not always positive but it saves you dealing with them)

I have also included other drivers to attend sessions to help everyone with a great experience for all.

Yes I was one of the first drivers on the platform. My first ride was first week in September 2014. So I have seen the world around here change many times over.

My loyalty is to the consumer experience and drivers secondary. Sorry if that bugs you but I have never been here for a popularity contest. I'm sure you figured that out.

Photo enclosed on my last work with Uber. Just as an FYI.

Attachments

NFIH

Lately I have been consulted and I am proactive in a number of Uber related releases.
Given the above, are you formally employed by Uber beyond providing services as a "partner" (specifically as a driver)? If so, do you have a formal title in this role, as has been alluded to in another post by a different poster? Are you compensated in any way for this work? Assuming any of the above is true, why are you not explicitly identified as an Uber representative here on this board?

My loyalty is to the consumer experience and drivers secondary. Sorry if that bugs you but I have never been here for a popularity contest. I'm sure you figured that out.
It doesn't bug me but your self identification of your loyalties strongly suggests you are in fact an (formal) advocate for Uber (which is to say, management) and not its drivers. Which is fine--I want to be clear about that. But if this is the case you absolutely MUST identify yourself as an Uber representative in your consumer- and employee-facing communication. To do otherwise would be highly unethical.

UberZF

No one ever said he Represents Uber. That is only an assumption of yours NFIH. And to the best of our knowledge, he's not employed by Uber.
But I sure hope with all he does in his "Middle-man" role, that he is compensated in some way. Cause he's also the one that gets the most abuse amongst fellow drivers.
I only wish I had realized who he was when I had drives from him in the past. All but 1 were before I chose to be a driver, and the last one was very early in my driving days..

Many dont like Actionjax for various reasons. He is uncompromising when it comes to the rule of "Customer comes first". And he manages a number of Driver's groups.

I defend him tooth and nail, because as he alluded to being a "guinea pig" of sorts, he saves the rest of us drivers headaches.
He reaches out for feedback, and in many cases gives a heads up on events and sometimes has first had reasoning that he shares.

Weather many drivers are willing to admit it or not, most GTA drivers have learned many things from him.

So mis-representing himself as an Uber Representative, when he is not actually employed by Uber... is more ethical???

You are mixing the terms Advocate vs. Employee here... He is the former, and you are trying to paint him as the latter.

NFIH

No one ever said he Represents Uber. That is only an assumption of yours NFIH. And to the best of our knowledge, he's not employed by Uber.
And that's why I'm asking him for clarification. So now that he's made an appearance, why don't you let him speak for himself and answer the questions?

But I sure hope with all he does in his "Middle-man" role, that he is compensated in some way.
Then he should make it abundantly clear that this is the case. Just so there is no misunderstanding about where he's coming from when he posts. I'm sure you're OK with that kind of transparency, right?

Many dont like Actionjax for various reasons. He is uncompromising when it comes to the rule of "Customer comes first".
Well, that's one way to look at it. The other would be that this is synonymous with advocating for Uber's wishes, which may not coincide with driver wishes--in which case it would be a misnomer at best to characterize him as a "driver advocate." At any rate, why not clear up exactly what his role is, and let the drivers (on whose behalf you say he's advocating for, after all)--and public--decide which is the most accurate way to look at it?

And he manages a number of Driver's groups.
Well, aren't you a font of information. And which driver's groups would those be?

I defend him tooth and nail, because as he alluded to being a "guinea pig" of sorts, he saves the rest of us drivers headaches. He reaches out for feedback, and in many cases gives a heads up on events and sometimes has first had reasoning that he shares.
That's nice but it has nothing do to with the transparency, or lack thereof, with which he may be presenting himself.

You are mixing the terms Advocate vs. Employee here... He is the former, and you are trying to paint him as the latter.
I'm sorry, but it was you who first used the term "advocate" to describe him. It was the very particular use of that term that led me to ask as to the specific nature of this role--e.g. is it paid or unpaid? By whom? At whose behest, if any, does he work under this title? Why isn't he identified as such in his posts? And so on. So I'm not painting him as anything--yet. More clarification would allow me to settle on a conclusion, but so far the available information--including his revelation that he does some sort of consulting work for Uber--makes it look like something untoward may be going on here. Sure, it might all be nothing, but it looks very odd from here.

Actionjax

NFIH uber employees can't be drivers to start. Legal issues around that. That's why there are drivers out there that assist with different initiatives. Not just me.

I don't work for Uber and never have. I also don't agree with everything they do. But I don't sit around crying about in in a forum. I take action for positive change.

And yes it all starts with a customer focus. You get that right you will still have a job. Just ask a taxi driver today.

NFIH

NFIH uber employees can't be drivers to start. Legal issues around that. That's why there are drivers out there that assist with different initiatives. Not just me.
But this distinction between "employee" and "independent contractor" is itself one of the ongoing and contentious issues surrounding Uber's status as a business. So I don't know what it means--or if it's even meaningful at all--to say Uber employees can't be drivers. Maybe that's up to the courts to decide.

Anyway, if there are more people than just you doing whatever it is you do--and I would expect there are--what's the significance of that? Are all such people clearly identifying to the public that this is what they do? Because it seems like they should be.

I don't work for Uber and never have.
OK, but then what did you mean by the statement that you do consulting work for Uber? Is there some other way than "I work for Uber" to interpret that?

I also don't agree with everything they do. But I don't sit around crying about in in a forum. I take action for positive change.

And yes it all starts with a customer focus. You get that right you will still have a job. Just ask a taxi driver today.
What's so interesting about these two passages is that it sounds *exactly* like the kind of massaged marketing speak Uber would spout at, say, a presentation before investors or in communication with some customers in a bid to get them to buy in to the old standby that the company has the customer's interests at heart. But of course we should all know from the many examples otherwise, across time and numerous kinds of businesses, that this isn't exactly true. The countless fines, media revelations of wrongdoing and sometimes criminal proceedings levied against them are indicative of that.

All that said, you haven't answered any of my previously asked specific questions, such as do you have a formal title, etc.

Again, I have no problem with you saying any of the things you say in your posts. Advocate away! It's your right. But if there's any connection to Uber, in the context of appearing on this forum, full and ongoing disclosure is absolutely necessary.