UberPOOL additional pickup earnings

cdm813

Attachments

• uber.JPG
    uber.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 94

DelaJoe

Or you do 20% less uberX rides about make the same.... Smarter not harder
Yes but your base customers like Uber Pool because it is cheaper. So if all drivers thought like you then UberPOOL would not be an option for a lot of customers. We need customers to make Uber work. So my thought is blend your X and Pool rides...do a little of each.

cdm813

Yes but your base customers like Uber Pool because it is cheaper. So if all drivers thought like you then UberPOOL would not be an option for a lot of customers. We need customers to make Uber work. So my thought is blend your X and Pool rides...do a little of each.

If Uber doesn't work for a rider, then they will request a an Uber X or a Lyft. And I drive for Lyft. And even if they request a Lyft Line, I get paid more than an UberPOOL. So I win.

I work for me, not Uber. I let Uber figure out their own business model, I just tailor my actions to what is going to make me the most money.

E30addixt

Exactly. If the Pool rates matched X like they do on Line it would be one thing. Until then, my decision making process on when I will or won't take pool remains unchanged. The extra $$ money is nice, but it won't sway me one way or another.

Prime87

Ya I'm not worried about losing customers. As stated by cdm813 if they leave for Lyft I win, even if it's Lyft line. I'm not even saying I never take pool because I do, if it's very slow or it's surging.

Robinhood

The great thing about the Uber/airbnb models is that the customer base is already established. People need rides whether taxi, bus, Uber. I wouldn't worry too much about finding customers to keep Uber going even at X only rates

DelaJoe

Uber is changing and helping drivers...now we in return as drivers should work with the system. This could be a marriage that works...we need each other.

Tysmith95

Pool has always been a bad deal for drivers. This doesn't do much to change it. 70 cents is an insult.

Now if they increased Pool rates to match UberX and kept the 70 cents extra a ride it might be worth it.