UberPoo and Timeout Punishment Strategy Making National News

SuperWagon

I've longed believed that we were given secret timeouts, but this is the first confirmation I've seen. When we're driving around fishing for fares, would be nice to know if we're actually logged out of the platform.

WestSubDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This press would seem to put some added pressure on Uber. However, I do feel this is a peripheral issue with regards to Pool. Uber can make up some business justification for this policy and perhaps they eventually cave on this timeout policy.

However, the real burn for drivers is the lack of transparency with which Uber is calculating and presenting fares for Uber Pool. With X, we can all use the base+miles+minutes fare table calculation and verify our fares and believe that is some semblance to what they ("we" according to our agreement) are charging the rider. With Pool it is like russian roulette (staying with the KGB theme) as to what you're going to get on those incremental riders. Its the black box of fare calculation.

SuperHiro

Interesting article. To add to the stories, I was deactivated for 24 hours for turning down a high amount of pool and secondary pool requests. Also drove a cool pair of pool riders for one ping from Rogers Park to united center and a secondary ping from Rogers Park to Lincoln Park with this passenger who stunk

ubersucks666

I've ignored well over 100+ UberPoo requests plus i ignored well over 50+ UberX requests... got ' deactivation ' threats in email EVERY week for the past 4 months... never got time out or anything. Account still active.

75drive

I've been logged off after passing on three requests outside the boost area and was able to immediately log back on. Also received a text saying I was under review for declining 5 secondary requests in a row never heard anything more. I'm not driving these cheap @@@@s for bus fare! If they want to pay bus fare then take the bus!

sUber FastXL

I passed on a couple of uberx rides at 1.6x tonight so I could get down to lollapalooza and hit the bigger surges and then didn't get a single ride and i drove around for an hour seeing surges go up and down... no notification saying i was in timeout, just screwed... how can they say that surging is used to bring more drivers to the are but I was in the area and got nothing...

Last edited by a moderator:

Adieu

[QUOTE="SuperWagon, post: 1300448, member: 103] ve longed believed that we were given secret timeouts, but this is the first confirmation I've seen. When we're driving around fishing for fares, would be nice to know if we're actually logged out of the platform.[/QUOTE]

Suspected I was yesterday, after getting a 4 minute official timeout for skipping on repings from too much luggage at SNA... That reset my queue, or so I thought, but then skmedude knocks on my window and says mycars not on the map

Went away with nothing after almost 8 hours wasted, left geofence, saw my car again

....today, went back, same nonsense- but also not seeing other select guys on map....sat it out, yup not on mal but still pingable

Goodfto know I can still wait 3 hours for the privilege of earning my 17 bucks :smiles:

Sure

I don't know, I let 6 pool requests in a row on Monday and got a X request right after. It was pool after pool and about 15 secs later was the X. There really is no rhyme or reason to what Uber seems to do. Maybe they will start hitting me soon, but if they do, I'm just logging into Lyft and keep on driving.

pizza guy

My biggest problem is how inconsistent it is. I have a lot of regular customers around me who order at the same time every day, so I can judge this pretty well.
There are times simply denying 1 request gets a timeout and other times it doesn't matter how many you deny the pings just keep coming. Pretty sure it's based on demand and the location of other drivers to handle the requests.