1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UBERPLUS IS NOW UBERSELECT

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by Driverish, Sep 10, 2015.

1. AKA
    UberWait

DocT and headtheball like this.
  2. advent88

advent88

This Email is a JOKE. So many Plus out there! Lol..how they mentioned you must maintain a rating of 4.7

Drivish....yup!

UberWait...wait wait wait wait and wait

UBERPLUS IS NOW UBERSELECT

On Saturday, 9/12, we are renaming UberPLUS to UberSELECT so that the name is consistent with the option in other cities across the nation.

Our riders told us that they choose UberSELECT (formerly UberPLUS) because it is an affordable luxury option with some of the best Uber partners behind the wheel. As part of our efforts to keep UberSELECT high quality, all partners will need a minimum 4.7 rating in order to receive UberSELECT trip requests in LA. With this update, we will also be promoting an opportunity for riders to take an UberSELECT trip for a chance to win VIP concert tickets.

With a full lineup of new giveaways for riders in the coming weeks, we are encouraging riders to ride UberSELECT more often.

We hope that you're ready to accept more UberSELECT trips than ever because we have a feeling that things are about to get quite busy!

Thank you for helping us make UberSELECT a reality here in LA! We couldn't do this without you. Be part of setting the tone for new adventures that start with UberSELECT.

3. UberComic

UberComic

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Two reasons for this.

1. People were probably mistaking UberPlus for UberPool which look similar when you're drunk or stoned.
    2. People thought Plus meant larger SUV type vehicle. Just like LyftPlus.

They're going to be giving out concert tickets to UberSelect riders. Hopefully they'll do more than just that to promote it.

Driverish and Gemgirlla like this.
  4. advent88

advent88

that made sense now...maybe they think the Plus is the same price as X.
    interesting how they mentioned free VIP promo...but doubt it it will be more demand for Select.

5. ALEAX

ALEAX

Definitely number 2! One night I had 2 rides that I had to cancel because they had too many people and thought they were requesting a larger car.

DocT likes this.
  6. UberComic

UberComic

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I've filled my Town Car to capacity a few times in the past few weeks. One couple going to LAX had me putting luggage in the front seat since they had already filled the trunk. Did they tip after I helped them with said luggage? Hell no!

headtheball likes this.
  7. All you plus ,I mean select Drivers stock up on your free water and gum "With a full lineup of new giveaways for riders in the coming weeks" and you'll need to keep that ratting up :D

8. Not Me

Not Me

Driving:
    UberPLUS
    "UberSELECT high quality, all partners will need a minimum 4.7 rating in order to receive UberSELECT trip requests in LA."

4.7 rating or higher. Yep, now I see we will have 3 less Select drivers on the road. Wow, Ka-ching! What a joke.

Uberzilla, advent88 and RogerJS like this.

9. "Our riders told us that they choose UberSELECT (formerly UberPLUS) because it is an affordable luxury option..." Our riders? Here you go. Uber just admitted in writing to being a Transportation Company...

UBERZERKER and ALEAX like this.
  10. advent88

advent88

this got me laughing!!! maybe more than 3

11. Chargr

Chargr

Driving:
    UberX
    Does your car still need to be black exterior to be un UberPlus?

12. RacerX

RacerX

Driving:
    UberX
    I pinged a Lux car in hollywood last week just to see what type of vehicle it was and I was shocked to see the driver had a 4.5 rating.

LAuberX likes this.
  13. RacerX

RacerX

Driving:
    UberX
    I believe your car interior just has to have leather seats for Plus besides being on their approved list.

14. Chargr

Chargr

Driving:
    UberX
    where can I sign up? I got that

15. RacerX

RacerX

Driving:
    UberX
    what kind of car do you have?

16. Chargr

Chargr

Driving:
    UberX
    I have a mazda 6 2015 sunroof, often gets confused with Plus. Since its real stylish.

17. RacerX

RacerX

Driving:
    UberX
    according to uber's website Mazda 6 is not on the uberplus/select list.

http://losangeles.ubermovement.com/uberplus/

18. Chargr

Chargr

Driving:
    UberX
  19. Meet me 8 am Westwood and Santa Monica...Mobil gas station...I ll let use my code for this time.
    I will be in pink suit with no shoes....you cannot miss me.

uber pro, UberFlex and headtheball like this.
  20. Trapper9

Trapper9

Driving:
    UberX
    4.7 minimum? yet 4.6 is deactivation? How many people are floating between those numbers?