UberPeople Sponsors iRideShareDC -- Leasing New RideShare Cars (Best Deals)

iRideShareDC

Sponsor
Dear UberPeople community,

Before reading this, we want to make it clear that your feedback on our startup is extremely valuable and important to us so please, after reading this, send us a message and let us know your thoughts!

We are iRideShareDC, a Washington, D.C. based company and our sole mission is to help each Uber driver get into the best and most affordable car for ridesharing.

We have noticed that Uber drivers have been using their own vehicles and losing thousands upon thousands of dollars by putting wear and tear on them in addition to costly maintenance fees. We also noticed that Uber drivers are paying way too much money to lease cars to drive.

Therefore, we have come up with a business model that allows you to get into a car in the cheapest way possible.

We are promoting a September special right now, which includes:

-$200/wk for Unlimited Miles
-FREE BUMPER TO BUMPER MAINTENANCE so you never have to worry about your next repair shop bill (this includes tires, brake pads and rotors (a.k.a. all of the expensive stuff)
-Initial $250 Downpayment Waived
*First week's car payment of $200 due at car drop-off/pickup
-Induction into our referral program. Get $100 every referral! (Every person that uses your name when they sign up gets you $100 straight to your pocket)
-No Commitment. No Contracts

Call 240-618-0366 for inquiries or email us at [email protected]

Thank you so much! Please contact us or send us a message through UP.net if you have any question/comments.

Cheers,
The iRideShare Team

Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 11.33.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 11.33.32 AM.png

THE MAN!

Before reading this, we want to make it clear that your feedback on our startup is extremely valuable and important to us so please, after reading this, send us a message and let us know your thoughts!

We are iRideShareDC, a Washington, D.C. based company and our sole mission is to help each Uber driver get into the best and most affordable car for ridesharing.

We have noticed that Uber drivers have been using their own vehicles and losing thousands upon thousands of dollars by putting wear and tear on them in addition to costly maintenance fees. We also noticed that Uber drivers are paying way too much money to lease cars to drive.

Therefore, we have come up with a business model that allows you to get into a car in the cheapest way possible.

-FREE BUMPER TO BUMPER MAINTENANCE so you never have to worry about your next repair shop bill (this includes tires, brake pads and rotors (a.k.a. all of the expensive stuff)
-Induction into our referral program. Get $100 every referral! (Every person that uses your name when they sign up gets you $100 straight to your pocket)

Thank you so much! Please contact us or send us a message through UP.net if you have any question/comments.

Cheers,
The iRideShare Team

View attachment 13374 View attachment 13375
Hello,

iRideShare Team,

Certainly this is a better deal then Ubers backed leases. The problem is Uber has lowered the fares to such a point even your offering may not be as affordable as it should be? Obviously insurance is an issue with Ubering. Who is providing insurance for your vehicles? Driver or yourself? If the drivers, there is gaps with most Uber drivers policies? For example, if your hit by an uninsured driver. Because of fare reductions most Uber drivers are part timers and it doesn't make much sense paying $200 a week. For example, a driver even driving 50-60 hrs a week (which the majority aren't) your paying $4 or so an hour for your car. Of Ubers own admission local UberX drivers now only can make between $18-20 an hour when it use to be between $20-$30 an hour. Though I believe your business model is flawed, it exposes how Ubering really isn't a very good deal as it use to be. Good Luck!

Last edited:

THE MAN!

Cheers,
The iRideShare Team

View attachment 13374 View attachment 13375
Again don't mean to bust your bubble. But your business model is at least similar to a lot of Uber Black partners that went out and bought new cars to put onto the UberX platform. Either a flat fee per week as you or a fare split. When UberX launched in DC 8/13 the fare structure was $5 - $2.50 a mile. Now of 1/15 $2 - 1.02 a mile - .20 a minute. Those that did so, ended up with there cars sitting because Uber took to much meat off the bone to go around to everyone's surprise. Your model is to dependant upon the future decisions that Uber/Lyft make. Uber just recently made another round of fare cuts in other cities. And no one can say for much certainty that they won't here again? Which would be fare cut #4 if they were to do so. Even though the fares in DC aren't high enough, there higher then in most cities. In some cities new drivers Uber has raised the amount of commission from 20% to 25%-30%. Which again makes your model less appealing in future. In an interview with there former CFO he was explaining to interviewer why they were lessening what drivers can make? And his answer was because we can. You'll always be dependant upon present drivers, but especially new drivers. To confirm what I'm saying? Just read this forum in all cities. Don't get stuck with a lot full of cars due to Ubers nonsense! Nobody will make money with Uber other then Uber.

Ubermanpt

This is actually something I was thinking about. I want to drive a little more and try x, since I mainly do xl and also want to use my car less. What kind of cars do you have? Also, how do s a driver use your car? Doesn't uber require a driver to be on the cars insurance? How does that work? And in the picture the car has writing advertising your company. Is that the way the car comes or is it plain and that is just in the picture? September special sounds good but should of let us know beginning of month instead of when the month is half over

THE MAN!

This is actually something I was thinking about. I want to drive a little more and try x, since I mainly do xl and also want to use my car less. What kind of cars do you have? Also, how do s a driver use your car? Doesn't uber require a driver to be on the cars insurance? How does that work? And in the picture the car has writing advertising your company. Is that the way the car comes or is it plain and that is just in the picture? September special sounds good but should of let us know beginning of month instead of when the month is half over
Let me know when you get an answer on your insurance question? I would be surprised if they provide insurance as this seems to be a lease type of arrangement. That means if your hit by another without insurance they could be coming to you for the entire value of damage/car if your insurance won't cover.

THE MAN!

Hey all don't mean to be a debbie doubter. But looking at website information and offerings of iridesharedc have some concerns. First of all on there website under FAQ terms and conditions they say your membership offers 1,000 miles per month with .15 per mile for any miles over a 1000. Though the 3 options listed all offer a minimum of 300 miles a week. With the only option that makes any sense expires end of month. The unlimited mile option for $200 with $250 down payment waved. Which will increase to $300 a week, that ends up being almost $1300 a month with the $250 down payment. And only being if the $200 a week special continues beyond September? These options are impossible to make any money under a very difficult situation in doing so to begin with. If you read my previous postings the attempt by others making money on providing cars for Ubering went by the waste side when Uber started cutting fares. My advice your much better off buying an economical car off a lease. If your unable, don't waste your time with Uber!

Ubermanpt

Not very good for a new company trying to get business not to keep an eye here and respond to questions. The questions I asked are what drivers want to know and if a company can't respond fast to a question it makes you wonder

Bart McCoy

lol right
they need to respond back to people with questions about getting a car
right now I see a couple of no-no's... 1)huge advertisement on side of car 2)insurance situation not answered 3)price. as mentioned, the price per mile is already now. The best way to "make money" is with your own car, but of course in the process you tear it up and lose considerable money value in it

THE MAN!

Not very good for a new company trying to get business not to keep an eye here and respond to questions. The questions I asked are what drivers want to know and if a company can't respond fast to a question it makes you wonder
These guys are very late to the game and clearly haven't done there homework. Unfortunately they will likely suck some in that are desperate for a car as Uber did? In the end it's not really any better then the Uber leases, other then short term commitment. Though it really doesn't pay unless keeping long term because your essentially paying for wear and tear ie brakes, tires, etc replacement in the weekly payment. Like I said previously, this isn't much different then Uber Black partners that were trying to make a buck on there motor carrier licenses and renting out/fare split there UberX cars.

Ubermanpt

Yes , they need to respond to a couple people because that's how you build a business. If I use them and tell someone, then they use them and tell someone and so on, you grow as a business. And by the way, most people never ask the questions because they see them asked and are waiting too. You even had concerns that I asked so how many others do too and are waiting??

elelegido

With Uber's new leases drivers can get a car with unlimited miles for $100 per week. I don't know if their program is in DC yet, but if you're offering cars for double that amount you're probably going to be in trouble if Uber leases do come to town.

Also, your post seems to indicate that you are a non-profit organization:

That's very commendable and community-minded, so well done on that. However, if your sole mission is to help Uber drivers, and not to make a profit for your company, why are your rates so high?

uberdriver

Also, your post seems to indicate that you are a non-profit organization:

That's very commendable and community-minded, so well done on that.
Since Uber also repeatedly claims that they want to "help their partners", I am going to conclude that Uber Corp is a non-profit organization, and that it should be commended for being so community-minded. :biggrin:

elelegido

Since Uber also repeatedly claims that they want to "help their partners", I am going to conclude that Uber Corp is a non-profit organization, and that it should be commended for being so community-minded. :biggrin:
Keywords here = "sole mission"

iRideShareDC

Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dear UberPeople Community,

We whole heartily apologize for the delay in response to your messages. Thank you all for the incredible feedback, challenging questions, and for letting us know your views on what we are trying to accomplish. We went through your comments/inquiries and came up with answers that we felt would address them.

Here are the points in which we addressed below in order:

· “Nobody will make money with Uber other than Uber.”

· Misconception: You are better off driving your own vehicle for Uber

· Advertisements Not On Cars

· Types of Cars

· September Promotion

· Uber Leasing

· Insurance

“Nobody will make money with Uber other than Uber.”

We understand your frustration with the fact that Uber has decreased their fees and in some cities increased their cut. We agree that this action has decreased the number of potential drivers willing to drive for them. We believe, however, that it has undeniably increased demand for Uber. Decreasing your fees as the driver makes it cheaper to your target audience (the everyday person in the city looking to catch a ride) and you eventually get more business. We personally can’t think of anyone we have met in D.C. who doesn’t have the Uber app!

Driving for Uber is not for everyone. There are many that can make far more in their primary jobs than they can driving for Uber or Lyft. But you also have to think about those people that are only making $10-12 an hour in their current job. Has Uber not elevated their incomes to the $18-20 range and allowed them to be their own boss? If Uber can raise the pay rates of those people while providing a valuable service to the community, they should be applauded. While it wouldn’t make sense for some, it does make sense for that cashier making $10 per hour standing behind a counter. So while we agree that driving for Uber may not be for everyone, it makes a lot of sense for a lot of people.

Misconception: You are better off driving your own vehicle for Uber

This misconception may make a lot of sense for the part-time driver who is putting in a couple hours a day every week but for a full-time Uber-X driver we would advise you not to do this.

An Uber driver told us a story about buying his own car for Uber, which really inspired our idea. Here is what they said:

I got really excited about Uber around this time last year and like many other people went out and bought a brand new car- I got a Nissan Altima for $22,000 after taxes and title with payments of only $400 a month. Super excited I began driving around 6,000 miles a month which was netting me around $5,000 a month. This made a lot of sense to me only paying $400 a month for the car to make around $5,000 a month driving.

Later I realized that $400 a month was not the true cost.

After a year of driving I was pretty happy with the whole experience. I made more money than I had before and I had a brand new car. My vehicle at this point had about 72,000 miles and I had the tires/brake pads/rotors replaced twice (about $2600) plus some minor maintenance ($200) and about 10 synthetic Oil Changes ($800).

One day I began to think about the depreciation my car had taken since I bought it so I stopped in to a CarMax to get an appraisal and the value of my car was floored by their offer of $12,500.

I went home a little distraught and took a long hard look at what it truly cost me to drive this past year for Uber/Lyft (not including gas and Insurance) and realized it was certainly not the $400 a month I had initially thought.

After looking over everything this what I came up with:

$9,500 Depreciation ($22,000 Purchase Price - $12,500 Current Value = $9,500 Depreciation)

+$2600 Mechanical upkeep

+$800 Maintenance

=$12,900 Total Cost for the year!

=$1,075 per month! Almost triple what I had thought.

Worst of all, the really expensive repairs are coming up at 90,000 miles and I have 4 more years on my loan agreement!

This driver did not do his math as well as he should’ve and he regrets it. Unfortunately, he didn’t think about all the costs that come along with paying for a new vehicle and driving it to the ground for your job.

We really take pride in how in touch we are with our drivers on a personal level. One of our drivers even offered to perform live for us at our next driver’s event and we are pretty pumped about that as well.
DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE TRUE COST OF CAR OWNERSHIP!!

Advertisements Not On Cars

THERE WILL BE NO ADVERTISING ON ANY CARS WHATSOEVER…but thank you for addressing that. We are sorry for the confusion and will make that more clear in the future.

Type of Cars

We grow our inventory based off of the most efficient and reliable vehicles that we can put our drivers in. Our stock of cars includes 2013-2015 Nissan Versa and Sentra, Toyota Corolla and Yaris, and the Honda Civic. The highest mileage on a car that you will get is 25,000 miles, however, our vehicles are delivered fully detailed along with bumper-bumper maintenance so the car is as good as new.

Our drivers love our cars and use them for their personal lives as well. A person that was driving a 2003 Honda Civic is now in a 2014 Honda Civic and they are loving it. The expense to own a vehicle or lease a vehicle is an every day expense whether you realize it or not. To own a vehicle, you will be putting endless wear and tear on it from driving it thousands of miles a month and you will be paying for all of the maintenance on it, which is 2x the expenses when you drive 4x more than the average person for your job. Our drivers look at leasing our cars as a business expense and personal expense because it is mutually beneficial.

September Promotion

Our September Promotion was an attempt to make our cars as affordable as possible in order to save you money. For someone looking to lease a vehicle, no down payment, no credit check, no mileage cap and free bumper-bumper maintenance is a pretty sweet deal.

TO MAKE IT CLEAR: If you sign up for our $200 promotion you will never pay more than $200 for the time you are with us and your mileage cap will never change.

Due to an overwhelming response, we decided to beta-test this business model into October and are hoping to make it permanent by the beginning of 2016.

Uber Leasing

A lot of our current members tried the Uber Lease Program and reported to us why they were disappointed. Here are some of the complaints that they had:

1) It can take weeks to go through the approval process

2) The down payment depends on your credit

a. Only the best credit gets $250 advertised down payment. Poor Credit applicants must pay upwards of a $1000 dollars or more

b. We have $0 down payment and can get you on the road the SAME day!

3) The free maintenance plan only covers Oil Changes, Tire Rotation and Cabin Air filter…All very inexpensive items

a. Our Plan covers everything and yes the expensive items like tires ($800 average) and Brakes ($700 average)

4) Mentorship

a. For new drivers not knowing the “tricks of the trade” when driving for Uber, they can lose a lot of money until they get the hang of things. Our Uber drivers make an average of 20% more than standalone drivers because we help them save time and money. For example, each driver will be assigned an experienced mentor who they can call at anytime for any questions they have while they are in the ridesharing business. Call it your own free concierge for ridesharing. We have helped people do things from walking them step by step through getting all of their insurance together for Uber to strategizing with them on the best credit cards to get for gas. We have helped some of our members properly account their expenses in order to minimize their yearly tax bill. Really, we are there for you when you need and people have loved to get that peace of mind. Also, everyone has really loved the mentor they have worked with.

5) Lastly, Uber leasing is not really run by Uber. You are leasing a car from a dealership that Uber made a deal with but they are not in tune with ridesharing. Our drivers were really disappointed with that. It’s like going to buy a hamburger at a Mexican restaurant, just not ideal. That dealership can be very predatory in their practices. We are rideshare focused meaning that we are way more flexible with our lease terms than a dealership can be. We want to get you into a vehicle and give you all the control like having the ability to return your car whenever you want. Many of our member’s initially tried Uber Leasing and were very excited they found out about us and how easy and transparent the whole process was.

Insurance

You are required to obtain insurance for the vehicle that lists you as a driver, same thing you would do if you’re buying a car from a dealership. Getting this insurance has been extremely easy for our drivers, most of the time not taking them more than a couple of hours to get. The only requirement we have is that we be listed as the Lien Holder (as you would with any lease) and have no more than a $500 deductible.

FAQ Page

We are sorry for the confusion over the information presented on the FAQ page of the website. This week we have been reorganizing the website to fit our new business model. Everything you need to know will be updated on the website within the next couple of days.

iRideShareDC

Sponsor
elelegido and uberdriver . We hope that we clarified your concern about the rate going up after September. We will not increase the rate or mileage cap after September. We needed to beta test the model to see if it worked and it ended up being popular and working very well. We will have the $200/wk plan for good by the beginning of 2016. We addressed your concern in the comment above more thoroughly.
Also, we do really care about our drivers well-being. I am sorry that you may have run into some companies in the past that are trying to rip you off in any way they can to make money but we are not the same as them. I hope one day I can introduce you to one of our drivers so you can understand. It costs us a lot of money to repair your tires, brakes, rotors etc. which is why you don't see any leasing company doing that. We are different and are trying to prove to you that we will fit the needs of the people we are trying to serve.

iRideShareDC

Sponsor
Ubermanpt. Hi there! We divided up some of your concerns and addressed them not only on this thread but in a new post. That should have all of the information you need and you can see where we are coming from on certain topics. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call us at 888-757-2177. We would not try to sell you on our service if you don't need it but would love to speak to you and hear you out.

iRideShareDC

Sponsor
Hey THE MAN!

We responded with our thoughts to a lot of the issues you brought up. We tried to make it easier for you to find what you are looking for in the post by listing the topics on the response. You can find it on this thread or in the new thread we posted today. We love being challenged by you and hope that as we take into consideration what you say, you will take into consideration our standpoint on some of the topics. You may not be a person who needs our service, but there are clearly a lot of people that do and love what we are doing. Again, we are a company that needs to sell our service to continue to be in business but we are trying to do it in the most honest way possible, which is by focusing on our driver's needs first. Please shoot us an email at [email protected] for any inquiries you may have in the future. Have a great evening!