UberLyft Inspections - Jiffy Lube Says "Bend Over, No Lube".

The Gift of Fish

if nothings wrong itll least be wipers that fail at jiffy lube its a good racket lol

after 1st year just do your own, uber lyft is negligent in verifying meaning they dont check em theres not even a phone number space on form lol you think uber lyft snail mails or visits to verify a form that no duplicate or receipt could verify?

spend the 20 on oil changes or towards actually keeping your vehicle safe everyone just trying to be middlemen eating into labors cut
I thought about this. The risk of getting caught is small but for 30 bucks a year not worth it IMO. I'm cheap, but not that cheap.

Uber's Guber

Don’t go to Gypy Lube for ANYTHING! They suck you in with an discount oil change, then use pressure tactics to up-sale you on all other products & services.

troothequalstroll

I thought about this. The risk of getting caught is small but for 30 bucks a year not worth it IMO. I'm cheap, but not that cheap.
how would you get caught? theyd only deny it or make you submit a new one

theres no phone # space on form to enter, you think they fly support from the philipines to go to store speak tag a log to verify? what would they verify theres no duplicate of the form, they dont ask for receipt either lol

every penny someone steals from me gets stolen back its not about cheap its about principals

& when the ponzi crumbles i have evidence of negligence uber lyft has hundreds of thousands of cars on the road unfit unsafe not able to pass inspections which is a huge public safety issue & none of its verified, they dont verify personel insurance or anything else to see if drivers real if you have a fake id that can pass a background check you can get aprooved with all fake documents

suprised lyft still offers free probably a lot stricker as they can be held liable but i guess you could go that route

i go to same shop about once a year they tell me of any issuses and fill out form for me, i just fill out my own to match so i have evidence they dont verify

verifying millions of documents is millions of dollars cant have that we need a 34 million dollar condo lol

then they claim they care about rider safety lol all security theater & fraud

Last edited:

New2This

I did the Xchange Lease Program. Oil changes were included.

I took it to Jiffy Lube because they were on the list. First time in the manager tried saying I needed a lot done. I explained it was a lease through Uber. He never told me I needed anything after that because he knew IDGAF.

ABQuber

I needed to get an inspection for both Uber and Lyft, so I phoned the Jiffy Lube that did it last year:

- "I need an Uber inspection, and I need to renew the Lyft inspection too"
- "That'll be $20 for the Uber inspection and $25 for the Lyft inspection. $45 total."
- "What? How many inspections will you do? Are you saying that you will do the Uber inspection then walk away from the car for a minute and then go back to it and do the same inspection again for Lyft?"
- "No, if we see the car is in good condition then we just use the same inspection"
- "So why are you trying to charge for the same inspection twice? You're going to try to charge me $25 just to fill out a Lyft form. Why?"
- "Lyft requires us to charge the fee. All of the money from the inspections goes to Uber and Lyft"
- "That's a lie"
[End of phone call]

I then phoned a different Jiffy Lube and had practically the same conversation with the moron there. I checked with Lyft and they obviously confirmed that they do not get paid by the shops that do the inspections and that they would approve an Uber form submitted. I have my doubts as they would not do this last year.

In the end I did an online video inspection for Uber with my phone. Cost $30 and Uber accepted the inspection form straight away.

I just had to do my inspections too. Called Jiffy Lube who did them last year for $20 each and now they wanted $85 each!! I was shocked. They said well it takes a manager off the floor for 45 minutes to do it properly and since our shop rate is $115 per hour...

I ended up doing that online rideshare mechanic one $55 for both and both were accepted. Probably could have found a cheaper one but I figured it was only $15 more than last year.

The Gift of Fish

I just had to do my inspections too. Called Jiffy Lube who did them last year for $20 each and now they wanted $85 each!! I was shocked. They said well it takes a manager off the floor for 45 minutes to do it properly and since our shop rate is $115 per hour...
Takes a manager off the floor?? What do they do, jack him up? Hoist him onto a yardarm? And 45 minutes, lol. Typical chain store mechanics.
I ended up doing that online rideshare mechanic one $55 for both and both were accepted. Probably could have found a cheaper one but I figured it was only $15 more than last year.
Lyft is still accepting Uber inspection forms, as I found out a few days ago. Rideshare Mechanic charges $30 for one inspection. They're also guilty of charging $25 to fill out a Lyft form.

Launchpad McQuack

They suck you in with an discount oil change....

Discount oil change? I went to Jiffy Lube for an oil change once, just because I wanted to see if the Uber discount would make it worth it. Even with the discount, it was still 50% more than I would normally pay for an oil change. Probably the most expensive oil change that I have ever had.

everydayimubering

Nice! I hate jiffy lube. They tried to pull some bs about my vehicle saying it was illegal to put some sort of oil in the car and when I checked with the actual dealership about that, they said jiffy lube was full of it. Scammers.
You're right! They tried to tell me it's gonna screw up my engine if I don't use synthetic oil. Mine was an old Volvo, so I told them never have - never will, then I was worried they might put something else in there and then say: "you see - we told ya"! They're a bunch of crooks - just like Mister Muffler.

NicFit

The Uber hub here now charges for inspections and my Lyft hub hasn’t opened yet so I paid someone online, I paid $55 for both and didn’t have to drive anywhere. Not happy about the inspections costs buts it’s all going to be pay for inspections now. Here’s the link I used for ridesharemechanic:

kingcorey321

Do the inspection yourself .
Who knows your car better then you ?
What i do . My name repair shop.
My tech number starts with your state . So Will say Mi. It will be m2554455 State #
Fill it all out . Snap a picture of it . Hit send . Done all ( approved )
Yes sigh and date it . Inspected by you .
It will be approved . Been there done that 3 times .
In my opinion there is zero way for uber or lyft to check a state certification # . Mechanics # are not local searchable .
Mechanics move around a lot
There not even asking for tech #s anymore . If you pay for this i think your idiots .

Attachments

• large.png
    large.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 8

everydayimubering

The Uber hub here now charges for inspections and my Lyft hub hasn’t opened yet so I paid someone online, I paid $55 for both and didn’t have to drive anywhere. Not happy about the inspections costs buts it’s all going to be pay for inspections now. Here’s the link I used for ridesharemechanic:

We have (are you ready to listen to this) - a 150 point mandatory annual inspection costing $50 which takes an hour IF everything's in order, plus repair time as needed, and a $25 re-inspection charge if you prefer to get the repairs done elsewhere.
Post automatically merged:

My tech number starts with your state . So Will say Mi. It will be m2554455 State #
In my opinion there is zero way for uber or lyft to check a state certification # . Mechanics # are not local searchable .
There not even asking for tech #s anymore . If you pay for this i think your idiots .
You must be a smart guy - or actually you THINK you're a smart cookie.

It doesn't work the same way everywhere as it does in Timbuktu - if that's where you live.

In most jurisdictions, we have a designated list of approved garages where you can get inspections done, and nowhere else.

Did you get that, or is it too difficult for you to understand?

Last edited:

Fusion_LUser

We have (are you ready to listen to this) - a 150 point mandatory annual inspection costing $50 which takes an hour IF everything's in order, plus repair time as needed, and a $25 re-inspection charge if you prefer to get the repairs done elsewhere.

It doesn't work the same way everywhere as it does in Timbuktu - if that's where you live.

In most jurisdictions, we have a designated list of approved garages where you can get inspections done, and nowhere else.

Michigan is Timbuktu now, huh?

And do tell how the "most jurisdictions" in your country the apply to the United States.

Maybe you should stick to https://uberpeople.net/forums/Canada/ and not worry about what's going on in US. Or is that to difficult for you to understand?

NicFit

This site won’t work for you then, I believe it’s only for a 19 point inspection that’s for most states. If you require more then you would have to go to a shop

Keep doing them yourself, when they do figure it out you’ll be banned permanently for fraudulent documents just to save a couple of tax deductible dollars

kingcorey321

Who checks or calls ? Does uber lyft ask for a bill from will say pep boys ?
Where does it say you must give uber a copy of the bill to inspect your car ?
A sales person scribbles on the piece of paper.
If nobody calls pep boys i know they dont . Nobody in the usa can understand a single word from the broken english speakers uber reps .
Yes i am 100 percent sure in my opinion if a person scribbled any name on a form and filled in joes auto care your inspection from uber would be approved .
I used to fill these forms out . For others as a certified mechanic Free for regular customers .
If you feel better spending 50 for somebody filling out paper for you go for it .
Im not paying my friends and family are not paying !

NicFit

Who checks or calls ? Does uber lyft ask for a bill from will say pep boys ?
Where does it say you must give uber a copy of the bill to inspect your car ?
A sales person scribbles on the piece of paper.
If nobody calls pep boys i know they dont . Nobody in the usa can understand a single word from the broken english speakers uber reps .
Yes i am 100 percent sure in my opinion if a person scribbled any name on a form and filled in joes auto care your inspection from uber would be approved .
I used to fill these forms out . For others as a certified mechanic Free for regular customers .
If you feel better spending 50 for somebody filling out paper for you go for it .
Im not paying my friends and family are not paying !
They don’t check everyone every time but eventually some paperwork geek will go through and randomly audit and verify everything in your account. Then they’ll look at your inspections and see that all are unverifiable. Then they’ll deactivate you. Get away with it while you can if you want but someone will dig into them eventually for some reason and you’ll be done