UberLyft Inspections - Jiffy Lube Says "Bend Over, No Lube".

The Gift of Fish

I needed to get an inspection for both Uber and Lyft, so I phoned the Jiffy Lube that did it last year:

- "I need an Uber inspection, and I need to renew the Lyft inspection too"
- "That'll be $20 for the Uber inspection and $25 for the Lyft inspection. $45 total."
- "What? How many inspections will you do? Are you saying that you will do the Uber inspection then walk away from the car for a minute and then go back to it and do the same inspection again for Lyft?"
- "No, if we see the car is in good condition then we just use the same inspection"
- "So why are you trying to charge for the same inspection twice? You're going to try to charge me $25 just to fill out a Lyft form. Why?"
- "Lyft requires us to charge the fee. All of the money from the inspections goes to Uber and Lyft"
- "That's a lie"
[End of phone call]

I then phoned a different Jiffy Lube and had practically the same conversation with the moron there. I checked with Lyft and they obviously confirmed that they do not get paid by the shops that do the inspections and that they would approve an Uber form submitted. I have my doubts as they would not do this last year.

In the end I did an online video inspection for Uber with my phone. Cost $30 and Uber accepted the inspection form straight away.

WindyCityAnt

Never do any inspection with Jiffy Lube for either company. They are the most strict with the inspection as any company. I had a very small BB size crack in my way bottom bumper. They declined me. Like wtf! Visible damage they claim. The car had 17,000 miles and was basically brand new.

Go to the hub. They did very well for me at no fee because I had to pay Jiffy Lube the 20$ with receipt. Well I got it attached to the oil change. But complete BS for sure.

tohunt4me

I needed to get an inspection for both Uber and Lyft, so I phoned the Jiffy Lube that did it last year:

- "That'll be $20 for the Uber inspection and $25 for the Lyft inspection. $45 total."
- "What? How many inspections will you do? Are you saying that you will do the Uber inspection then walk away from the car for a minute and then go back to it and do the same inspection again for Lyft?"
- "No, if we see the car is in good condition then we just use the same inspection"
- "So why are you trying to charge for the same inspection twice? You're going to try to charge me $25 just to fill out a Lyft form. Why?"
- "Lyft requires us to charge the fee. All of the money from the inspections goes to Uber and Lyft"
- "That's a lie"
[End of phone call]

I then phoned a different Jiffy Lube and had practically the same conversation with the moron there. I checked with Lyft and they obviously confirmed that they do not get paid by the shops that do the inspections and that they would approve an Uber form submitted. I have my doubts as they would not do this last year.

In the end I did an online video inspection for Uber with my phone. Cost $30 and Uber accepted the inspection form straight away.
I buy a $20.00 2 year state inspection sticker.

They ask " Everything Work"
I say "yup"
Sticker goes on.

I also have certified mechanic inspect car and sign doccumentation at every oil change several times a year. Uber is not interested in that.

The Gift of Fish

Never do any inspection with Jiffy Lube for either company. They are the most strict with the inspection as any company. I had a very small BB size crack in my way bottom bumper. They declined me. Like wtf! Visible damage they claim. The car had 17,000 miles and was basically brand new.

Go to the hub. They did very well for me at no fee because I had to pay Jiffy Lube the 20$ with receipt. Well I got it attached to the oil change. But complete BS for sure.
I liked Jiffy Lube because the local one seemed to pass anything as long as it had four wheels and an engine. I agree that the "safety" inspection is a joke, though.

Soldiering

My good buddy has his own shop. Does them for free for me. But yeah it's bullcrap, I'm gonna be more conciense about safety than Guber or Gryft, I'm operating the car. Those inspections are for ghetto ants

John McYeet

- "That's a lie"
[End of phone call]

Nice! I hate jiffy lube. They tried to pull some bs about my vehicle saying it was illegal to put some sort of oil in the car and when I checked with the actual dealership about that, they said jiffy lube was full of it. Scammers.

The Gift of Fish

Nice! I hate jiffy lube. They tried to pull some bs about my vehicle saying it was illegal to put some sort of oil in the car and when I checked with the actual dealership about that, they said jiffy lube was full of it. Scammers.
Right, I only ever used them for rideshare inspections - the only circumstance in which very lax profesional standards are exactly what you want in a mechanic! I'd never let them go anywhere near my car for any type of maintenance or repair work.

O-Side Uber

Uber and Lyft both have a hub or inspection spot in every city. If you scroll down past jiffy lube on your Lyft app for an inspection appointment , you’ll see other options . I go to Lyft’s makeshift parking lot hub . Costs nothing for inspection .

The Gift of Fish

Uber and Lyft both have a hub or inspection spot in every city. If you scroll down past jiffy lube on your Lyft app for an inspection appointment , you’ll see other options . I go to Lyft’s makeshift parking lot hub . Costs nothing for inspection .
True, and I've used the free inspections when appropriate. This year, though, cracked windshield, body damage and a wonky headlight mean that wasn't possible.

VanGuy

Even at $45 with the conversion that's less than here. Uber "negotiated a deal" for us with Canadian Tire. $80 CAN for the inspection which is good for both.

25rides7daysaweek

- "That's a lie"
[End of phone call]

Pep Boys has always done me ok
and quick for $20 here in Chicago ....

The Gift of Fish

I just got a message from Lyft - they did approve my Uber inspection form after all. Which makes sense; it's essentially the same form and they want me out there earning money for them.

troothequalstroll

if nothings wrong itll least be wipers that fail at jiffy lube its a good racket lol

after 1st year just do your own, uber lyft is negligent in verifying meaning they dont check em theres not even a phone number space on form lol you think uber lyft snail mails or visits to verify a form that no duplicate or receipt could verify?

spend the 20 on oil changes or towards actually keeping your vehicle safe everyone just trying to be middlemen eating into labors cut

tohunt4me

Better safe than sorry, I'd rather have a factory replacement. Doc and Marty initial them so you know they're the real deal. :smiles:
Marty ( Michael Fox) has Parkinsons from improperly refined cocaine.( refined with petrol solvents)
( due to Govt. Making clean refinery products such as acetone illegal to buy)
Just put a pen in his hand and he signs anything.