UberLux

Tam N

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol people take LUX. I had a passenger vouch for it on X lol. I just want to find out how much they make

Driving for????

With lux u with get select black and lux calls.
Rent for the lux car starts from $700 and up weekly depending what car u getting. Be ready to be out at least 80hr a week.
Then maybe u can pay the rent and make a few for ur self.

ladriversteve

I have a guy driving a s550 that I have. He seriously logs about 90 hours a week much from his house as he lives near some hotels.

His average week is around 3k after uber takes a cut. His rent to me is 750/week and he probably spend another 150-250 on gas a week. Probably should have got the diesel version. Lol

Yes that is a high rent but he is also putting a ton of wear on a car that is costly to repair.

He only does black and lux calls (90% black) It's not worth operating on select.

Derpdederpdederp

I've been thinking about moving to SD to do black on the side but this is some good info I used to live in LA and SD but I just don't feel there is a market for Lux even in LA and definitely not SD.

JasonB

I have a guy driving a s550 that I have. He seriously logs about 90 hours a week much from his house as he lives near some hotels.

His average week is around 3k after uber takes a cut. His rent to me is 750/week and he probably spend another 150-250 on gas a week. Probably should have got the diesel version. Lol

Yes that is a high rent but he is also putting a ton of wear on a car that is costly to repair.

He only does black and lux calls (90% black) It's not worth operating on select.
So, after paying you, and gas, he's sitting at about $2k/ week, for 90 hours.

Of course, he can't write off a single one of those miles, so there is going to be an enormous tax
hit there. Let's say approx. $1350 cleared post taxes.

$1350 for 90 hours on Black/lux seems like a major pain in the a$$.

You could easily do that anting around on X that many hours, but of course, you would
be behind the wheel a lot more. Still, not really seeing how that is worth it. You are
basically devoting your entire life to the app.

Perhaps he's taking on some private clients, and doing some side work and making a bit more?

Pig Pen

If you want lux just ping and cancel Uberx until when appears in the app. My daughter got a 7 series the other day on X. Must be tough in those upper categories.

Does anyone know what the weekly rate for a livery lux is now a days? It use to be $900 a week. Just curious if they are now renting them the same price as Avis is?

Just saw this. So I don't need the info on the weekly lux rental rates.

Neighbor uses select everyday. He says, lately it's all been S class and 7 series. Hasn't got an SUV in over a month on select.

I agree. If you have a lux car, you can't run it on select. Also, many of the passengers that have used black and up in the past now know they have a chance at a black car / lux on select. If they ping select and it's not a black+ they just cancel and ping on black.

Just a heads up the drivers that qualify for black+. You need to hold your ground. You have the customer base they just know how to play you.

uberchimp

Black/lux/suv might make some money if you own the car, paid off.., because comersial ins. costs $$$$, buss. or tnc/ livery costs $$$..big engines waste more gas.. so better off w/select or X- 2.5+ surge only