UberKids

u bé

The 2 under age Kids are banned from using Uber and driver will be deactivated for taking minors

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-we...girls-take-uber-ride-from-surprise-to-phoenix
I believe the girl used her dad credit account but she signed as a rider under her name.

are banks allowed under 18s to open their own mastercard credit accounts? no way.

they couldn't blame uber and driver was not at fault for not checking riders IDs.

I'll take my time to verify their ages then slider. It's not worthy to take risk from now on because most of those teens trips are around the corners.

weekendnightdriver

"""
ABC15 got that reaction from Uber who said the girls violated their terms of agreement by signing up for the account and ordering the ride. They’ve since banned the girls account and will take appropriate action with the driver who picked them up.
"""

That's correct. The girls breached the T&C, driver didn't breach anything. What appropriate action?

Hugh G

They blame everyone except themselves, when something bad occurs.

Only when it's becomes public.

Prior to the Uber Public Relations Damage Control Team preparing a statment Uber refuses to answer driver's questions and acknowledge the existence of an issue.

Under directions of the Legal Team the Uber staff know not to put anything in writing which may be used against them

Who is John Galt?

Never a week goes by without this.
Tuesday, this week: -

IMG_3661 resized to 650.jpg

lui6155

Bit harsh JG to proceed down that path. My modus operandi when picking up what "apparently" is a minor is to:
1) remind them that the uber T&C's dont allow unaccompanied minors under 18 in an uber
2) reinforce the point that its ok to ride in an uber if 18 or over
3) now ask them to think carefully before answering next question
4) ask how old they are

And they always answer 18! So I am "off the hook" (if they were under 18), they get a ride and are educated for future rides/Uber gets its cut and all is well in the world.

weekendnightdriver

Bit harsh JG to proceed down that path. My modus operandi when picking up what "apparently" is a minor is to:
1) remind them that the uber T&C's dont allow unaccompanied minors under 18 in an uber
2) reinforce the point that its ok to ride in an uber if 18 or over
3) now ask them to think carefully before answering next question
4) ask how old they are

And they always answer 18! So I am "off the hook" (if they were under 18), they get a ride and are educated for future rides/Uber gets its cut and all is well in the world.
Most of U18 pax are wearing their prestigious school uniforms. You don't need to bother to ask them nor encourage them to tell a lie.
It is our discretion to decide whether the trip would be safe for both of us and the pax and carry it out, and we don't breach any T&C or agreements.

Solarman

It is our discretion to decide whether the trip would be safe for both of us and the pax and carry it out, and we don't breach any T&C or agreements.
It is not unlawful for Uber drivers to take U18 pax. Nothing between driver & Uber to stop it. In fact official message back to me from Uber muppet, was that it was up to me to decide.

Nothing in VicRoads laws to stop us either. So, as long as they're not too young, I'm happy to safely transport the older U18s to their destinations. I am WWC accredited if it helps.

Scottie B

It is not unlawful for Uber drivers to take U18 pax. Nothing between driver & Uber to stop it. In fact official message back to me from Uber muppet, was that it was up to me to decide.

Nothing in VicRoads laws to stop us either. So, as long as they're not too young, I'm happy to safely transport the older U18s to their destinations. I am WWC accredited if it helps.
Fail

Solarman

Well, not really. I've enjoyed safely transporting 16 & 17 yo kids to their destinations without issue. Very, very polite pax and no complaints. Probably because they know full well they are breaking the pax/Uber rules, so they're on their best behaviour.

So when you make such profound statements, perhaps back them up with valid reasons so that some of us may benefit from your 'wisdom'.

L5S

Taxi takes kids why not uber just leaving that market for taxi to scoop up all themselves

Back in old days 2015 driving dandenong taxi used to get offered tip from kids to buy alcohol or cigarette all the time most drivers do it for $20 its not harming anyone 14 year old kid if want smokes will get smokes somehow any way!!

BreadandWater

Taxi takes kids why not uber just leaving that market for taxi to scoop up all themselves

Back in old days 2015 driving dandenong taxi used to get offered tip from kids to buy alcohol or cigarette all the time most drivers do it for $20 its not harming anyone 14 year old kid if want smokes will get smokes somehow any way!!

This is a great idea. My friend who lives in Rosebud does this in the summer holidays at the Safeway down there. Makes about $800 per day from desperate kids buying them grog and ciggies.
Very smart if you ask me, all cash and tax free!!! And everybody is happy at the end of the day!

Reactions: L5S