UBERing in Different Cities...

Gerardo Morales

So I'm set to visit Denver for 5 days later in October. I'd like to get a feel for the city like I'm doing here in Austin through UBER. Do you know if there are any issues with doing this across different cities? Is there anything I need to change in my profile/account to accomplish this? Thanks in advance.

Nate R

Unless you are taking your vehicle you have registered with Uber I don't see how you can do this. I think the app will not let you go online unless you are registered in that city/state.

Stratos

I tried to turn on my drivers app when I was in Corpus a couple months ago and was informed I was not authorized to drive there.

Don Oldenburg

So I'm set to visit Denver for 5 days later in October. I'd like to get a feel for the city like I'm doing here in Austin through UBER. Do you know if there are any issues with doing this across different cities? Is there anything I need to change in my profile/account to accomplish this? Thanks in advance.
No, you won't be able to drive there. It seems the limitations aren't so much city by city, but state by state.

I know of people here in California that come from San Francisco to vacation in Palm Springs, or are dual residences between the two and drive in both areas. Personally, i'm out of the Palm Springs Market, but have been able to drive in all of Southern California without any issues -- even though they are different UBER charters/groups/cities.

I asked both UBER and LYFT what I'd need to do to drive in Vegas, and Palm Springs -- I would have vehicle appropriate in both areas. Used to split time between the two and would enjoy doing that again if I could drive while in Vegas. I was told you can't drive in multiple states. And as a STATE DRIVERS LICENSE from the state your driving in is required -- I can see where that would be the case. As to get a Nevada drivers license, I would have to surrender my California drivers license.

LaustinAustin

You may also run in to conflicts even here in Texas. For example, drivers in Dallas and Houston can pick up pax in Austin, but drivers in Austin cannot pick up pax in Dallas or Houston because those cities require permits, fingerprinting, etc.

Don Oldenburg

You may also run in to conflicts even here in Texas. For example, drivers in Dallas and Houston can pick up pax in Austin, but drivers in Austin cannot pick up pax in Dallas or Houston because those cities require permits, fingerprinting, etc.
Ahhh... Does Uber have a geo-fence around those areas and prevent them from picking up rides? Or is it that they can't legally do it? -- hadn't taken regulation differences into my thought process for driving in other areas.

ATX 22

Ahhh... Does Uber have a geo-fence around those areas and prevent them from picking up rides? Or is it that they can't legally do it? -- hadn't taken regulation differences into my thought process for driving in other areas.
Pretty sure they're both geo fenced.