Ubering in a sedan vs SUV

Inshur

Vishnu643

This also applies to Lyft, Gett, Via, etc. I'm just curious of the pros and cons between the two. And while you neysayers, believe that driving for apps suck, that's been well covered and not what this thread is about.

Especially since I noticed that some of these "bonuses" sometimes excludes SUV and black cars.

Side note, if you have a Uber black approved, and you do a regular X/Pool ride, are you still excluded from those bonuses?

Pannyc

This also applies to Lyft, Gett, Via, etc. I'm just curious of the pros and cons between the two. And while you neysayers, believe that driving for apps suck, that's been well covered and not what this thread is about.

Especially since I noticed that some of these "bonuses" sometimes excludes SUV and black cars.

Side note, if you have a Uber black approved, and you do a regular X/Pool ride, are you still excluded from those bonuses?
Surprised a so called hustler like u dont know this already... just buy the suv u always wanted u can always save money on ur “rent” house

YouBeer

I have some info.
But there were painful lesson which I am not inclined to share, my apologies.
Hopefully there are other drivers out there that will be willing to share.

The best I can offer right now is that it is a different style of working in this 'business'.
The rides are fewer and further in between therefore each one really counts the 'I'll skip this trip' wont work for you at that level, but the pay off is slightly more to a little more. But I dont remember ever accepting trips below the level I was entitled to....hint hint...except Via and Via I did very rarely...and when I did I tried to milk every second of that because that is where the pax do not even deserve to be in my car for the price they paid.
There were days where I was better off just staying home and then there were days that were good.
There were some weeks where all I could make was just barely the car payment and that was simply because business was slow.

Its still work though.

The old adage applies 'rent out a Suburban and try it out, see if its for you.'

If you have a high rating and youre good with pax it might work in your favor.

Vishnu643

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Surprised a so called hustler like u dont know this already... just buy the suv u always wanted u can always save money on ur “rent” house
I don't want an SUV to do ride sharing in. That's why I'm asking

I have some info.
But there were painful lesson which I am not inclined to share, my apologies.
Hopefully there are other drivers out there that will be willing to share.

The best I can offer right now is that it is a different style of working in this 'business'.
The rides are fewer and further in between therefore each one really counts the 'I'll skip this trip' wont work for you at that level, but the pay off is slightly more to a little more. But I dont remember ever accepting trips below the level I was entitled to....hint hint...except Via and Via I did very rarely...and when I did I tried to milk every second of that because that is where the pax do not even deserve to be in my car for the price they paid.
There were days where I was better off just staying home and then there were days that were good.
There were some weeks where all I could make was just barely the car payment and that was simply because business was slow.

Its still work though.

The old adage applies 'rent out a Suburban and try it out, see if its for you.'

If you have a high rating and youre good with pax it might work in your favor.
Eww the trial and error approach. Usually I ask questions to avoid the hard way. I'll rent an suv after I finally buy my car.

YouBeer

I don't want an SUV to do ride sharing in. That's why I'm asking

Eww the trial and error approach. Usually I ask questions to avoid the hard way. I'll rent an suv after I finally buy my car.
'Eww trial and error' see, thats why I'm glad I didnt share more than I did with you.

Sorry dude, thats life.

Maybe some other fool will let you profit off of his efforts, not me.

I cant count the number of times I had some kid hop in the car say to me that he has friends at uber and blah blah blah bullshit bullshit bullshit.
Then when during the conversation they ask me 'so what do you think they can do to improve'
I tell them that I know there are ways to improve but it will cost $$ to extract information from me.

One time I had a group in an SUV we were talking about the app companies, and I hinted that this is work for me one of the little @@@@ers in the back said 'eww so you do this just for the money.' That shit hypocritical attitude is what disgusts me and is what these apps are all about.

They do something that compensates their time with money but I'm looked at as a @@@@ing indentured servant.

Then here you are talking about 'those slave days are over' but you want someone to lay it all out for you.

I dont remember that I was ever this @@@@ing spoiled when I was younger.

Just @@@@ing wow.

I'm glad I tell uber/lyft/juno what kind of scum they are on a regular basis.
But I do it politely.

Vishnu643

'Eww trial and error' see, thats why I'm glad I didnt share more than I did with you.

Sorry dude, thats life.

I cant count the number of times I had some kid hop in the car say to me that he has friends at uber and blah blah blah bullshit bullshit bullshit.
Then when during the conversation they ask me 'so what do you think they can do to improve'
I tell them that I know there are ways to improve but it will cost $$ to extract information from me.

One time I had a group in an SUV we were talking about the app companies, and I hinted that this is work for me one of the little &%[email protected]!*ers in the back said 'eww so you do this just for the money.' That shit hypocritical attitude is what disgusts me and is what these apps are all about.

They do something that compensates their time with money but I'm looked at as a &%[email protected]!*ing indentured servant.

Then here you are talking about 'those slave days are over' but you want someone to lay it all out for you.

I dont remember that I was ever this &%[email protected]!*ing spoiled when I was younger.

Just &%[email protected]!*ing wow.

But I do it politely.
Good point. Judging by your answer though, I can tell it takes a special kind of strategy to do suv and that sounds unappealing

YouBeer

Good point. Judging by your answer though, I can tell it takes a special kind of strategy to do suv and that sounds unappealing
It may or may not be appealing.

If the market has changed that much in the last two months the game could be different.

But like I said the same old adage applies 'rent an SUV and see if its for you'
Youre already in the game, you'll never know until you try how the other half lives. :p

Jim1985

Do you make over 1400 in a sedan after all expenses? Less than 50hrs of work im saying. If the answer is no then forget about a black car n suv. No money in sedan=no money in luxury

GlenGreezy

Sorry dude, thats life.

One time I had a group in an SUV we were talking about the app companies, and I hinted that this is work for me one of the little &%[email protected]!*ers in the back said 'eww so you do this just for the money.' That shit hypocritical attitude is what disgusts me and is what these apps are all about.

They do something that compensates their time with money but I'm looked at as a &%[email protected]!*ing indentured servant.

I dont remember that I was ever this &%[email protected]!*ing spoiled when I was younger.

Just &%[email protected]!*ing wow.

But I do it politely.
This is douchy AF

GlenGreezy

Spoken like a true millenial
No. I'm just intelligent and I enjoy not burning my hand on a stove that's hot if I don't have to. It costs people nothing to not be a d**k.
Hoarding knowledge and wisdom doesn't benefit anybody but ones ego.

Imagine if Einstein said, "yeah I can help you build a nuclear bomb but, you didn't do the hard work on this math. Go figure it out on your own America"
You are a @@@@@@ for sure. It's ok tho beloved.

YouBeer

No. I'm just intelligent and I enjoy not burning my hand on a stove that's hot if I don't have to. It costs people nothing to not be a d**k.
Hoarding knowledge and wisdom doesn't benefit anybody but ones ego.

Imagine if Einstein said, "yeah I can help you build a nuclear bomb but, you didn't do the hard work on this math. Go figure it out on your own America"
You are a ****** for sure. It's ok tho beloved.
You say 'hoarding knowledge and wisdom doesnt benefit anybody but ones ego.'
That college education you have or are working on must be free then?
Which school is it because I want to be as wise as you.

GlenGreezy

Ummmmm
College is free for the smart...

YouBeer

Ummmmm
College is free for the smart...
Um. College is free for people who are full of shit.
No one is that 'smart'
If anyone were that 'smart' that person wouldn't be driving an uber, or patrolling an uber forum for 'advice'.

I wouldn't trust an 'academic' doctor who sits around a university all day who is paid to advise to diagnose me for a headache over a doctor who actually does the work in an er

GlenGreezy

Um. College is free for people who are full of shit.
No one is that 'smart'
If anyone were that 'smart' that person wouldn't be driving an uber, or patrolling an uber forum for 'advice'.

I wouldn't trust an 'academic' doctor who sits around a university all day who is paid to advise to diagnose me for a headache over a doctor who actually does the work in an er
Well I'm not going to school for ubering....
So...
Yeah.

You are a frigging idiot I see.

MTB01

Buy or rent Prius and you will be making $200-$240 a day, your gas expenses will be $60-65 a week. Work 6 days and leave with $1000 a week, you can work more like some people I know and make up to $1400 a week, but just remember if you drive for more than a year, you will hate this job :-). So all you going to do is 6-7 hours a day. I own my car, after I make $1100 I am off for a week.

Vishnu643

Why does it matter if you get education for free? Some people pay thousands and still stupid.

Buy or rent Prius and you will be making $200-$240 a day, your gas expenses will be $60-65 a week. Work 6 days and leave with $1000 a week, you can work more like some people I know and make up to $1400 a week, but just remember if you drive for more than a year, you will hate this job :smiles:. So all you going to do is 6-7 hours a day. I own my car, after I make $1100 I am off for a week.
I literally CANNOT fit into a Prius. I tried and not only was it incredibly uncomfortable, no passenger would be able to sit behind my tall self.

Frankyfiggs

When it comes to sharing knowledge don't forget Hiram Abiff.

Dudes will be tearing you down if you let them know you know something they don't

Vishnu643

When it comes to sharing knowledge don't forget Hiram Abiff.

Dudes will be tearing you down if you let them know you know something they don't
just looked up his tale. PHEW! thank goodness we live on the internet. Can't find me there.....unless I'm dumb enough to leak my location. but I"m sure nobody's dumb enough to do that right........?

Frankyfiggs

Doesn't matter. Seen you guys were talking about why people don't share all they know, and that story came to mind.

Inshur New York