Ubering in a pickup truck?

Trafficat

I've got a pickup truck registered on my account. I rarely use it. Just when I'm driving the truck for another reason I will use destination filter with it.

I've maybe used it for 20 trips this year.

Spotscat

I've seen a couple of pickup trucks operating here - they're an accident waiting to happen.

The college boys love them - they'll load five passengers in the cab, and another six or eight in the bed of the truck, and off they go.

If and when the day comes that one of these pickup trucks with a full bed of kids is involved in an accident, it isn't going to be pretty.

Jufkii

My very first ride as a passenger was a dude with a big Silverado as well. Nice truck .Not so nice driver. Heard horror stories about him from other pax and him being reported. Uber doesn't seem to care. Still catch glimpses of him Ubering around on occasion ,driving like a maniac,probably making zero profit with that tank.

Merc7186

I've got a pickup truck registered on my account. I rarely use it. Just when I'm driving the truck for another reason I will use destination filter with it.

I've maybe used it for 20 trips this year.

...read this 15 minutes ago and still laughing at your comment. You're a funny dude....LOL....destination filter...LOL....classic.

surlywynch

My very first ride as a passenger was a dude with a big Silverado as well. Nice truck .Not so nice driver. Heard horror stories about him from other pax and him being reported. Uber doesn't seem to care. Still catch glimpses of him Ubering around on occasion ,driving like a maniac,probably making zero profit with that tank.

I think you mean *less* than zero profit. I make zero profit driving my Prius.

Fuber in their faces

Some trucks can get 18-30 diesel mpg. Not undoable on the higher paying marlets when its busy. And the thing about diesel is, things like throttle pressure, a/c, braking/ idle time, etc. Dont make as much of a difference on fuel economy....why i would love a tdi to lyft in.

Last edited:

tohunt4me

I've seen a couple of pickup trucks operating here - they're an accident waiting to happen.

The college boys love them - they'll load five passengers in the cab, and another six or eight in the bed of the truck, and off they go.

If and when the day comes that one of these pickup trucks with a full bed of kids is involved in an accident, it isn't going to be pretty.
Reminds me of my youth . . .

Bigpoppa22

I drive my Ram truck with GoShare and make about $50 an hour delivering stuff instead of people. Most deliveries come from Costco and Pier 1. Really easy work and much better pay than Uber.

gnarl012

I picked up an elderly lady pax today; she told me that the first Uber driver she had requested had showed up in a pickup truck & she couldn't get climb up into it.

Y'all really out here doing rideshare in oversized pickups?
so much hate on the pickup truck drivers so I will respond in kind. I wonder what you people do in the heavy snow states like new York up in buffalo were your little tiny 4 cylinder cars wont be able to drive in the middle of a snow storm or get stuck in 4 inches of snow going up hill lol. not me in my tundra I pass all of you and laugh at your suffering for even trying such a feat. yeah I will pay more for gas sure but that is my choice and my option to do so. specially since I not FT and it is not against the rules. Also some states like jersey have areas that are very prone to street flooding. another good thing for heavy rainy days were your little cars wont do good. ive seen many small cars stuck in pools of water waiting rescue by tow trucks cause they flooded there engines. its always fun to splash them as I drive by :biggrin:

R3drang3r

so much hate on the pickup truck drivers so I will respond in kind. I wonder what you people do in the heavy snow states like new York up in buffalo were your little tiny 4 cylinder cars wont be able to drive in the middle of a snow storm or get stuck in 4 inches of snow going up hill lol. not me in my tundra I pass all of you and laugh at your suffering for even trying such a feat. yeah I will pay more for gas sure but that is my choice and my option to do so. specially since I not FT and it is not against the rules. Also some states like jersey have areas that are very prone to street flooding. another good thing for heavy rainy days were your little cars wont do good. ive seen many small cars stuck in pools of water waiting rescue by tow trucks cause they flooded there engines. its always fun to splash them as I drive by :biggrin:
Uber doesn't pay enough money when the sun shines. And you're out there plowing snow and driving through puddles?? ⛄