1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Ubering for about a month so far

Discussion in 'Ratings' started by Krit, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Krit

Krit New Member

And I’m currently 5 stars. I have yet to get less than a 5 star so far. I’m sure it will happen.

Well I erased the advice I offered. Some of you certainly missed the point and referred to it as bs or butt kissing. That’s not at all what it is. It’s sales. And each time you pick up a person you are selling a service and yourself. Some of you I’m sure do a terrific job while others struggle. My point was fairly simple and some of you are convinced the ones are coming my way.... doubtful. I mean sure it’ll happen eventually but rarely.

After the way some of you responded I’ll just keep my advice to myself. No problem at all. I can see why some of you sometimes get 1’s if that’s how you speak to folks.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  2. MoreTips

MoreTips Well-Known Member

Looking forward to see you give a update on your Ubering adventures in a month or so. Best of luck.

Serby, Uber Crack and Grahamcracker like this.
  3. Coachman

Coachman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The 1-Stars are coming. You can count on it.

4. 68350

68350 Well-Known Member

I would call this blatant brown-nosing that will get you downrated before long, imho. But good luck with the strategy, it may work for you.

I've been driving 5 months and am mid-4.90's on both apps. I've received a single 1* in 1100 total rides, a few 4's, the rest 5's (96%). I don't toss any BS at my pax, chat if it seems desired, avoid politics and religion. Drive safely, don't fly around the corners or brake hard.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    Mista T, MoreTips and Uber Crack like this.
  5. Grahamcracker

Grahamcracker Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Excuse me, excuse me please! I'll have what he is having. Thanks!

Uber Crack likes this.

6. Coachman

Coachman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Never tell a pax you're going to give them five stars. They don't care about their rating. Most don't even know they have a rating. On the way out of the car they're not paying attention anyway. If you mention five stars they'll think you're asking them to rate you five stars. Not good.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    MoreTips and Uber Crack like this.
  7. Serby

Serby Active Member

Your rating can only go down. Law of averages. Give enough rides and you will get a dinger

MoreTips likes this.
  8. saucy05

saucy05 Well-Known Member

Ratings don't mean anything except for the few bad drivers who are in danger of the cut off number.

Mista T likes this.
  9. PrestonT

PrestonT Well-Known Member

You're taking this too personally. The reason everyone is telling you that you WILL get downrated is that there are ratings that are completely unrelated to your performance. Maybe it was an older person who was trying to say you're #1 with that 1 star. Maybe someone is pissed that they had to pay surge--funny thing nowadays is that you may not have even been paid a piece of that surge, but your rating will bear the brunt of pax anger. Maybe it's someone who just wanted a free ride and knows that will happen if they 1* and report you for some fictitious bad behavior. Maybe you'll get one of those riders who doesn't believe any driver, anywhere, deserves 5*.

I'm at 4.93 after 1600 Uber rides, about 600 of them rated. I'm damn happy with that. Many of the 39 riders that rated me 4 or below I remember. Maybe I missed a turn. Maybe I wasn't talkative enough or I was too talkative for their taste. In some cases, they asked for a detour, I obliged, and were pissed that Uber charged them for the extra distance and my extra time. In other cases, riders were pissed that I picked them up on Pool rides, and had the audacity to waste their time picking up co-riders. The list goes on of the possible reasons. I got a couple 1* on rides where absolutely nothing went wrong at any time close to the rating. All I can do is the best I can do, I can't control the games some riders play, and I think that's what folks are trying to tell you..

10. Merc7186

Merc7186 Well-Known Member

Here is one for you...

I picked up a family of Indians (not native Americans but IT expert types), was there within 2 minutes of receiving their ping. They went from Niagara Falls to downtown Buffalo, which is about a 25 minute ride. The eldest sat next to me and complained that the tour bus left without them (even though they were late getting back to it). I listened to their story, talked to them about the Falls, provided other useless stories about Buffalo, offered options of things to do when they asked. I get to hotel, the father thanked me, said it was the best ride they ever had. As they are departing the vehicle, the son (who ordered the fare) looks me straight in the eye and says 'You charge too much, I'm giving you 3 star' anf walks away.....

I was dumbfounded....needless to say, he got his rating changed to 1 star a couple of days later. Dirtbag.

Moral of the story...its gonna happen whether you want it to or not.

LA_Native and Mista T like this.
  11. Irishjohn831

Irishjohn831 Active Member

I was 5 stars for a while, then I had a passenger who gave 1 star who was going 1/2 mile, angry that the roads were blocked and detoured for a town center festival.

Agree w so many, the day you stop caring about ratings is when ratings reach a nice plateau.

The upcoming one star is going to get to you, more rides increases odds of picking up one or so percent of horrible riders who see you as dirt no matter what

Mista T likes this.
  12. Mista T

Mista T Well-Known Member

Ratings focus your attention on the wrong area, such a creative distraction. As long as you care about ratings you will not be focused on other issues.

As soon as you start caring about the discrepancy in pay, etc, etc, you will forget about ratings. Ratings don't define you any more than your haircut.

High ratings are nice but don't pay the bills any more than badges.

13. Yulli Yung

Yulli Yung Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You are just a wee bit arrogant. Let’s see what your rating is in a month or two.

Mista T likes this.