• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uberholes exist too.

Tampa Bay Hauler

I just wanted to throw this out. I drive Uber and therefore know about tipping. I have picked up four past or present rideshare drivers now with no tip. The last one I picked up at his apartment,made a first stop at a grocery store,a second stop at McD's and returned him to his apartment. 3.1 miles, 18.23 minutes and $4.28. No tip. Had a good conversation and the ride went smoothly. What gives when you can't get a couple of bucks from an Uber driver on a trip with two stops and low pay? His car was in the shop but that doesn't mean my service was worth so little.

sellkatsell44

What gives when you can't get a couple of bucks from an Uber driver on a trip with two stops and low pay?
It’s the brilliant yet horrible marketing of Uber.

Even long after no tip is necessary has been discontinued, passengers are already ‘conditioned’ to not tip like they’re conditioned to tip even if it’s horrible service at a restaurant or cab ride. I mean I’ve gotten some horrible service where I have to run to the server to ask for stuff, or to grab my check, and I still can’t bring myself to tip less then 15% much less not tip.

I think in little pockets there are people like me who gets educated. And then there are those who just tips no matter what

But far more have been conditioned to just not tip.

Sad but true.

Fuzzyelvis

I just wanted to throw this out. I drive Uber and therefore know about tipping. I have picked up four past or present rideshare drivers now with no tip. The last one I picked up at his apartment,made a first stop at a grocery store,a second stop at McD's and returned him to his apartment. 3.1 miles, 18.23 minutes and $4.28. No tip. Had a good conversation and the ride went smoothly. What gives when you can't get a couple of bucks from an Uber driver on a trip with two stops and low pay? His car was in the shop but that doesn't mean my service was worth so little.
I've had VERY few tips from other drivers. Even when they agree with me about low pay and no tipping. I think they assume I'll give them 5 stars because I figure they'll tip in the app. 👎🏼

Tampa Bay Hauler

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Even long after no tip is necessary has been discontinued, passengers are already ‘conditioned’ to not tip like they’re conditioned to tip even if it’s horrible service at a restaurant or cab ride. I mean I’ve gotten some horrible service where I have to run to the server to ask for stuff, or to grab my check, and I still can’t bring myself to tip less then 15% much less not tip.

I think in little pockets there are people like me who gets educated. And then there are those who just tips no matter what

Sad but true.
This was an Uber driver. How could a person that takes tips be conditioned not to tip?

uberparadise

. That guy is a real jerk, yea even a $1 or two would have been something. $5 minimum would have been the proper amount for the service given. Karma is a strange thing and any driver that does not tip, especially after such a pitiful distance and extra stop deserves many a night that he pitches a shutout on tips after doing 10 maybe 20 trips during his so called shift. What a clown he was!

Jufkii

i've driven a few whom I suspect rated me 1 star.afterwards simply to put the hurt on their competition., Told Support not to pair me with 3 of the phony 2 faced backstabbers ever again..

M62

I've picked up about 5 pax who told me they were drivers themselves. I think two of them tipped.

Galveston

Sad but true.
My most consistent tippers are the ones who either dine out frequently or depend on tips themselves

LetsGoUber

He could afford to go to McD's. If you can afford to pay someone to cook your food,you can afford to do the right thing.
Similar to what I tell my students.. "If you can't afford the tip, don't order the meal." I'll never know for sure if they're listening (being that I'm not following them to the car,) but some do seem to actually hear me.

KK2929

----------------------------
Only proves that RS drivers are as cheap as the public. Incidentally, that ride was three stops. If he was in the grocery store longer then 5 minutes -- I would have cancelled and left. You are in charge -- they are not in charge.

MSBash

I told you “I’ll tip you in the app” did you not get it?

Tampa Bay Hauler

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Similar to what I tell my students.. "If you can't afford the tip, don't order the meal." I'll never know for sure if they're listening (being that I'm not following them to the car,) but some do seem to actually hear me.
Before I leave the house for an evening out I figure how much my tab will be and what the tip will be. It's an expected expense.

mch

I don’t take many Uber/lyft rides but when I do I always tip either a 5 or a 10 cash. A 5 if they’re real close and it’s a short ride and a 10 if they’re further away