• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UberEspanol

Disgusted Driver

KGB7

Yeah, that is @@@@ed up. If you going to live in Murica, your first priority is to learn Murican speech. How else are you going to get a job at a drive through?

Do you have to take an online examen en espanol to qualify for sign-up?

Macche cazzo fa? (I know, that is Italian).
Just tell Uber you are 1/16 Mexican.

Another Uber Driver

Yeah, that is @@@@ed up. If you going to live in Murica, your first priority is to learn Murican speech. How else are you going to get a job at a drive through?
Just tell Uber you are 1/16 Mexican.
I can speak Spanish. It is Salamanca Spanish with a heavy cadenza italiana, but I do communicate with my Spanish speaking customers.

KGB7

Today i learned that some countries have a whistling language, so you can have an entire convo just by whistling. But its a dying language, because its faster and easier to communicate via cell phone.

KGB7

Further more, people used to communicated on top of the mountains from as far as 4 miles by whistling. But cell phones and todays technology eliminated the need to hike 2 hours up the mountain.

Another Uber Driver

If it was a Western Electric, it would ring still, even though the house had burned and the telephone had melted.......at least the thing rang on the commercial. Is Western Electric still in business, I wonder?

AshyLarry81

You know what this means? Rates are now so low, even illegals can now request a ride! At least that's what Donald Trump told me....

Oh My

I already posted this and many of the comments were immediately censored.

My point was, yes, there are MANY other ethnicities in Chicago that don't speak clear English but we understand each other and get along just fine.

Frequently in the insurance and real estate businesses I was involved with, when answering the phone, I was immediately cut of with (in clear English), "Does anybody here speak Spanish?!" My response would be "No, but I can understand you clearly. What can I help you with?". I made many sales with that response.

They want to keep it all in La Raza ("the race"). La Raza is/was a major free publication here although I don't see their blue boxes around much anymore in this "Sanctuary City" aka Chicago.

A former neighbor, Mexican but born and raised in the U.S., agreed with my stance on this issue.

If Uber were really smart they'd be catering to the Ukrainians because they're the most abundant recent arrivals literally tooting their horns and waving their flags.

Last edited: