• No

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Under the right circumstances

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • If payouts change

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Abraxas

I'm wondering about others that have gone this route too. I have only agreed to these when actual riders is slow but so far it doesn't seem to pan out money wise. Between waiting at busy restaurants and no tips from the people, I'm waiting to see how UBER keeps drivers doing this. Deliveries have ranged from apartment complexes to houses, with the former requiring a certain amount of extra navigation depending on the place. Last night, I may have actually lost a little money trying to eats between rides. Has anyone had success doing this?

KdUb303

Same exact analysis I would post of how this program is going. I've had one tip out of the 10 or so deliveries I've done which is a horrible ratio compared to how often I get tipped driving people around. Not to mention finding parking in TWO locations, leave my car in weird spots with my flashers on in hopes the food is ready - and it never is. So I turned off deliveries - for now. If things improve or they make it worth my while to do literally TWICE (if not more) the work. Cheers

Saltyoldman

Same exact analysis I would post of how this program is going. I've had one tip out of the 10 or so deliveries I've done which is a horrible ratio compared to how often I get tipped driving people around. Not to mention finding parking in TWO locations, leave my car in weird spots with my flashers on in hopes the food is ready - and it never is. So I turned off deliveries - for now. If things improve or they make it worth my while to do literally TWICE (if not more) the work. Cheers
I have to agree Uber Eats is garbage I got two requests at the same time from this restaurant. It was 7:08 when I accepted. Waited over 20 mins for food to be ready. Long story short after delivering both meals at separate locations I got 5$ and change. It was 7:54I got it shut off too. Not worth it at all

KdUb303

Yeah man...tried it again today, just to see if it was just me or a bad day, bad experiences, etc. Wanted to rule it out...I was right the first time. I waited for 15mins for my one meal and was about to bounce, but decided to read the forums to see how cancelling effects us. Looks like if you cancel for a restaurant taking their sweet ass time, you will still get dings and NOT get a cancelation fee/charge coming your way. May need someone to verify this part tho. Thats how I understood it anyway.

Saltyoldman

Yeah man...tried it again today, just to see if it was just me or a bad day, bad experiences, etc. Wanted to rule it out...I was right the first time. I waited for 15mins for my one meal and was about to bounce, but decided to read the forums to see how cancelling effects us. Looks like if you cancel for a restaurant taking their sweet ass time, you will still get dings and NOT get a cancelation fee/charge coming your way. May need someone to verify this part tho. Thats how I understood it anyway.
Yeah and you don't get paid the pidley 15 cents a minute waiting either. Waste of time

Trafficat

UberEATS can be good if the pax tip. The only problem is that not all pax tip. Spend like 20 minutes doing a delivery for $3.50 sucks. But 20 minutes for $3.50 + $4 tip isn't so bad, especially if most of that time is spent walking and not driving (less expenses)

For me it is the other way around... I get about 1 in 10 tips on driving but maybe 2 in 3 tips on deliveries so far. Not many deliveries completed though for me, yet.

Saywhen

I've only done one eats so far and it was ok. Like most have said, the food wasn't ready and didn't receive a tip but the pay out was almost $7 which seems about an average ride right now.

Joesmith2012

there is a lot of luck involved, so many factors come into play that can really mess up your trip, other night had to pick up a pizza way south of town at some new pizza place next to IGT and it was terrible the employees there are all young kids and you know they don't care, they spent more time goofying off and joking around, so it got really backed up, so ended up waiting more than half an hour just for a pizza. Then deliver to an apartment complex, customer doesn't give you gate code and then had to hunt down an apartment number in the pitch black darkness. And it ended up sending me way out from the center of town, which is where majority of the Uber Eats restaurants are at. So all that work took me over an hour for $7 no tip, and of course I didn't get paid the dead miles to drive all the way back to center of town to wait for next job. So I don't know man, its really goofy and just depressingly sad to do sometimes. Uber eats would work much better if they get more restaurants involved and more spread out through out the city so you don't feel like you have to always drive to center of town, and yes the pay rate could be better, they don't understand the standard of living in Reno has gone up a lot, we are nearing bay area, silicon valley prices.

clashradio1977

Totally worth it if you set a strategy of doing it at the right times in the right areas, and avoiding certain restaurants and long waits. My car is too old to drive pax ('98) but I've found a way to make Eats well worth my time.

ramin1

IMO .. In RENO, UE to hotel rooms,...., if it's a major large chain hotel never risk going up, always ask the cust. to meet you outside by the Valet. Most hotel policies are very strict and you risk getting fined, towed, or even charged with trespassing using the elevators. It's not Room Service, it is called Delivery and you deliver to the Hotel not the Room.

Trafficat

IMO .. In RENO, UE to hotel rooms,...., if it's a major large chain hotel never risk going up, always ask the cust. to meet you outside by the Valet. Most hotel policies are very strict and you risk getting fined, towed, or even charged with trespassing using the elevators. It's not Room Service, it is called Delivery and you deliver to the Hotel not the Room.

Unless they warn you to leave and you refuse to leave, you can't be charged with trespassing unless you are hopping fences:

https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-207.html#NRS207Sec200

What kind of fine could they issue you?

Of course, you shouldn't use service elevators or go to employee only areas, but if you use the regular elevator that hotel guests use, how are you any different from any other hotel visitor? I worked at a major Reno hotel for years and pizza delivery people went up to the rooms often.

I don't know what kind of fine they could get you with, nor could they tow your car unless you are parked in a no-parking area.

As an ammendum to my previous post, UE seems worse than ever with the new pay system. Payout is worse than ever, tips are worse than ever. It sucks to spend 45 minutes on a delivery and make less than $4.

Hilander

Hotels,

I always inform the front desk that I have a delivery, and ask them to tell me how to get to room XXX.

Covers all the bases and stops any thumbs down ratings.