1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

UberEats

Discussion in 'Tips' started by Uberfunitis, Jul 14, 2017.

1. 2Cents

2Cents Active Member

Not tipping take out pizza is not unusual.

Uberfunitis likes this.
  2. Go4

Go4 Well-Known Member

Such a troll.
    He says he would tip at Outback because they bring the food to him. That is exactly what UberEATS does.
    The servers do not get the food ready for the customers, the food staff does.
    Food staff prepare the orders for the servers to bring to customers.
    Servers get the food, delivery it and get tipped. That is exactly what UberEATS does.
    Such a corporate troll.

2Cents likes this.
  3. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I do when I do this for me.
    Now I have never done ubereats, but no. I don't tip for other people. That doesn't make sense. I'm just the middle man.
    And if they tip me for delivering ,then they're tipping me for delivering. That's the service they requested. That's what they're tipping for.
    Don't make it more complicated than it is.

Sgt_PaxHauler likes this.
  4. 2Cents

2Cents Active Member

The girls from Outback that bring the food out to the car avg $12.00 plus tips, yet the Uber Eats driver who uses his own car, pays for his own gas, pays for his own insurance, picks up the food, and drives in his own car to bring you the food and drops off the food DOESN'T get a tip?
    All these cheap Eats customers that are only using the service because of a free promo code should be tip shamed.

5. Cableguynoe

Driving:
    UberXL
    Now you're just straight out lying. You have zero credibility.

You have stated that you don't tip and hate the tipping culture.
    But twice you state situations in which you tip?
    This guy is full of crap!

Jdfrisco and Go4 like this.

6. 2Cents

2Cents Active Member

It's funny he tips the person bringing his curb side food from outback because he doesn't want to feel bad but he won't tip the uber Eats delivery driver...
    Yea f@$& that guy!

Jdfrisco and Cableguynoe like this.
  7. Uberfunitis

Uberfunitis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have said that I tip when I plan to go to a place more than once, because I don't like the idea of having stuff done to my food more than I don't like tipping. Restaurants have leverage to get tips unlike uber. Although this thread had the assumption that the UberEats driver did receive a tip.

This Thread assumed that the UberEats driver gets a tip. It was a question of what do you do with the tip once you get it.

Tipping has nothing to do with feeling bad, or good. I don't want stuff done to my food and if I eat at an establishment or have take out from them more than once and don't tip there is a high chance that I would.

I have come to the conclusion from reading the responses here that attempted to even answer the question, and not just attack the person asking the question, that most if not all UberEats drivers do not pass on any kind of tips or cut of the tips that they receive. It should be common knowledge with the restaurant when they see an UberEats order that not only will they not receive a tip, but they will actually get less money from that order after Ubers payout. I hope that none of you eat the orders that are undeliverable as I believe they are filled with bodily fluids / hairs of disgruntled angry untipped restaurant employees.

8. Jdfrisco

Jdfrisco Active Member

I have worked in many restaurants. We would never put our DNA in anyone's food. That is how you end up in jail. Do you read the news?

9. 2Cents

2Cents Active Member

No actually the restaurants that utilize Uber Eats have some one who gets paid a higher wage to manage all of the orders to keep it acurate, consistent. They don't get a tip but they also don't receive 2.12 per hour like the rest of the waitresses so it's their choice do East for 12.80 guaranteed or wait tables for 2.30 per hour.
    So yea you're a dirt bag for not tipping the Uber Eats driver.
    What type of work do you do?

Go4 likes this.
  10. Uberfunitis

Driving:
    UberX
    Is that some type of rule the 12.80 for UberEats ? I can not believe that it is universal unless it is in the agreement for UberEats and I doubt that. And I said I would tip UberEats as they are alone with my food, though I will not use the service as the servers don't get tipped and know they will not be tipped as far as I can see.

I have seen the news where things like that have been done and the person is in jail, how long did they do it before they were caught and how many were not caught? I think the majority do not do stuff like that but I am sure that it happens.

Jdfrisco likes this.
  11. Jdfrisco

Jdfrisco Active Member

True that.

12. 2Cents

2Cents Active Member

Dude you make you no sense.

No it's not a universal rule, it is set by each restaurant.

13. Uberfunitis

Driving:
    UberX
    In that case I think it would be wise to assume that the server is making $2.13/hour unless it is known otherwise with that establishment.

14. Uberfunitis

Driving:
    UberX
    Tipping people who enable you to provide good service is common it is called tipping out and is no different than the server giving a tip to the bus boy, bar tender, etc who through their work allowed you to give good service and get the tip.

15. Cableguynoe

Driving:
    UberXL
    So what's your point? Uber drivers don't tip?
    Fine. We don't tip while on the job.
    Many make it a point to not carry cash.
    I simply choose to not tip for that specific service.

16. Uberfunitis

Driving:
    UberX
    If a restaurant receives an UberEats order, and knows that they will likely not receive a tip, they are more inclined to do crap to my food, or at the very least not take care in putting it together correctly and sending it out timely and not forcing the driver to wait longer just to be spiteful. Not getting my food screwed with is the entire reason that I tip places that I go to more than one time.

This non tipping of restaurants by UberEats is likely why many people that are servers do not tip while taking a regular UberX or even Pool they have grown accustomed to being stiffed by the UberEats drivers that they see very often.

It seems very hypocritical to want tips and feel even entitled to tips for good service but at the same time feel it is ok to not tip others who are also doing a job that is customarily tipped when they provide good service only because one is doing the activity for profit.

I get and completely understand why an UberEats driver would not tip if they are not tipped, however I start having a problem when the UberEats driver is tipped but feels no need to tip simply like I said before because they are doing an activity for profit.

17. Cableguynoe

Driving:
    UberXL
    You're full of crap. You know it and everyone reading this knows it.
    It's not even close to the same thing. But you're always going to find a way to argue the point. It's getting boring.

2Cents likes this.
  18. 2Cents

2Cents Active Member

The person bringing your curbside food is NOT making 2.12 per hour.

19. Uberfunitis

Driving:
    UberX
    How do you know what they are making? Is there some law that states that they can not be paid that amount of $2.13 or greater as a tipped employee?

20. Sloven1

Sloven1 Member

I throw a dollar in the tip bucket at certain restaurants I pick up at. I know from experience the ones I'm likely to receive a tip from on the delivery.
    Sometimes I loose a dollar. More often I get tipped from the customer.

Uberfunitis likes this.