1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

UberEATS

Discussion in 'UberEATS' started by Brittany Craighead, Jun 28, 2017.

1. cdm813

cdm813 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You waited at *McDonalds* for 30 minutes?!

2. Uberfunitis

Uberfunitis Well-Known Member

It really sounds like a bad idea to me. If I do order delivery I want to deal directly with the restaurant. How they get the food to me be that hired employees or contracted out etc I don't really care. However, when something is wrong I want to deal with the restaurant and they make it right and not some third party where everyone sets around and points fingers and not accepting responsibility.

Emp9 likes this.
  3. Emp9

Emp9 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    yeah , well i thought id try it since i had like 30 referral promo codes and it just reached my area this last month or so. so even as a customer uber has its issues , this hurts the driver as many would just never use the service again after a bad first impression.

Uberfunitis likes this.
  4. Brittany Craighead

Brittany Craighead New Member

UberfunitisUberfunitis

Okay mr. Uber for life. YOU can make less than everyone else and do all the deliveries yourself. I opted out for a reason and that reason is it should not take 20-30 minutes to get a McDonald's order that is PRE ORDERED ONLINE. You obviously are misunderstanding the concept. Not to mention these people must be fatties if they are ordering McDonald's to be delivered to them lol. I don't even eat fast food let alone order it delivered to my house. Ridiculous

Emp9 likes this.
  5. Emp9

Emp9 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    i did the math in my head , took all of 2min and i never opted in.

Brittany Craighead likes this.

6. driverx.nj

driverx.nj Well-Known Member

I can't even believe anyone would order McDonald's with UBEREATS, the food is cold when you eat at the restaurant. How cold is it going to be when it has to travel to you?

SMH

:confused::eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

7. I lose money on ubereats especially McDonald's they can't ever get an order right

2Cents likes this.
  8. Androidcoder

Androidcoder Member

Claim your waiting compensation when this happens. Start with 'Help'/'Issue with pickup' for the particular order. I've found few drivers even know it's available, it's not automatic. In Minneapolis it used to be $5 for over 10 minutes, but they changed it to 15 minutes a couple weeks ago, although I still sometmes get it for 10.

I never knowingly accept McDonalds pings, but sometimes get stuck with one from accepting a blind stacked ping when already on a run. I've never been able to make even min wage just doing Eats, it's a tough racket I have do by bike while waiting for my game app to be discovered. Now there's increasing competition in Minneapolis from the thousands of Samoli immigrants the city has taken on over the years, many I see illegally parked for hours waiting, willing to work for near nothing.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 5:44 AM
  9. Thank I really didn't know that and of course Uber wouldn't let us know either

Julescase likes this.
  10. 2Cents

2Cents Well-Known Member

Think of how far a McD is from most customers...
    Even if they do have the food ready, and you don't wait; how much can you really make off each delivery?
    Eats makes the lion share. Hence the name.
    Fübr does Eat!

#fübrn

11. NormanOKC

NormanOKC New Member

These issues seem pretty obvious to me.

1. The type of food or restaurant is not relevant. The service is. The service is carry out. Regardless of who picks the order up, consumer or driver, there is a standard among restaurants for carry out. Once the order is placed, the restaurant provides a "ready" time when the food can be picked up. The food should be ready by that time. The driver should arrive by or at that time. There is no need for this process to change just because a delivery driver is picking it up instead of the consumer. The only difference is that the Uber drives it to the consumer instead of the consumer driving themselves. This does not affect the restaurant.

2. If your order is wrong, this is an issue with the restaurant. The Uber bears no liability here. We will not be digging around in your food to check it, nor should you want us to. Much like online ordering from Amazon, you run this risk by having someone else deliver your product. If you ordered shoes from anazon for an event tonight and they were shipped wrong, would you expect the UPS driver to fix it?

12. Chris1973

Chris1973 Member

30 minutes has to be a big exaggeration. Even if it's true why would you wait that long?

That being said I always use the drive-thru. Same logic as ordering from inside.. Drive-thru get priority. Don't let them tell you to come inside either, I had to hold up the line once because they tried to pull that crap. Instructions say inside or drive-thru. Once you stand firm and refuse to even pull forward and wait they will get the message and bring the food in a jiffy like good drones. Sadly, they are probably making more money than most of us so I no longer feel pity for them.

13. Doowop

Doowop Well-Known Member

Your order was placed with Mcd long before the people in line who have not placed theirs yet.

14. Alex TAVERAS

Alex TAVERAS Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Don't do Mc they're the worst drive unless they forget to update their address abs it ends up being actually 15 miles away

15. Uberfunitis

Uberfunitis Well-Known Member

Sorry to ensure freshness they should not make the food for the order until the driver arrives and waits in line just like everyone else. The other alternative would be to put the making of the food at the end of the line that is already there including those who have not even ordered yet but just standing in line. The only problem with that is that the food would be cold by the time the driver finally got there. It is my understanding that there is a payment if the food takes over a certain time to make I would suggest using that and waiting.

16. Doowop

Doowop Well-Known Member

Please explain what you understand about the payment for food that takes longer than usual.

17. Alex TAVERAS

Driving:
    UberX
    There currently 10 min wait at a restaurant uber will add 5 dollar payment but you must contact them

18. Androidcoder

Androidcoder Member

In Minneapolis they changed that to 15 minutes, a couple weeks after I advised drivers of this on Uber threads there. I don't think anyone knew about it, and I only found out accidentally after reporting a 1 hour and 10 minute Sunday lunch wait at Eggy's Diner, notorious for not even putting delivery orders in the queue when they are busy. Now the app immediately reports you to the restaurant when you click 'order not ready', which sucks.

19. Doowop

Doowop Well-Known Member

Very interesting. I wonder if anyone on these boards has received that payment?

20. Alex TAVERAS

Driving:
    UberX