UberEats Vehicle question

Rich2nyce

Can you use a coupe for ubereats/delivery? Not looking to pick up pax, just make deliveries ONLY. With nobody else getting in/out of the car besides me, i can't see why using a coupe would be a problem.

andaas

Seems plausible. Maybe check with Uber? I bet they might know.

However, if there are alternatives to UberEats in your market, you should try those options, you might actually get tips that way and be paid a fair wage for your time.

sporadic

I have considered using a Flexicar here in Australia (which is similar to Zipcar, per hour rental.

Have done walking trips before. And one trip on a bus too (I had an annual public transit pass so no extra cost for bus fare).

KMANDERSON

Can you use a coupe for ubereats/delivery? Not looking to pick up pax, just make deliveries ONLY. With nobody else getting in/out of the car besides me, i can't see why using a coupe would be a problem.
Don't do uber eats,no tipping option.There are plenty of food delivery apps that have a tipping option

4-WARNED

Nope they will require that you also do UberX
That is true to some extent (needing a 4-door car) but it's important to also state they don't absolutely require you to do X and EATS at that same time; they'll be happy to create entirely separate vehicle classes if you request them and are very clear about how you want each vehicle configured.

For example:

Vehicle#1, Nissan Altima ABC123 = UberX Only
Vehicle#2, Nissan Altima-DEL ABC123 = UberEATS Only.

Unless you do specifically request separate vehicle classes for each service as just described, the default configuration is for them to just combine the two services to run simultaneously onto the one vehicle, so you end up with:

Vehicle#1, Nissan Altima ABC123 = UberX & UberEATS.

I'm wondering about this since I want to start with Ubereats as I get used to the city (Seattle) and am planning on getting a newer car this spring/summer anyway. But would like to start with the current car, and eats only. All I can find out is they want 1996 or newer (mine's 1997). Would they inspect it just like for Uber X? She's not pretty, but reliable. They are also recruiting for people on bicycles in Seattle as well (which I ain't going to do). I guess I just need to talk to Uber in Seattle? If I like this and know the city better I can branch out into UberX and Lyft when I have the newer car.

*update...I tried signing on and Uber Seattle requires 2000 or newer. All I'd have available is a minivan that's not the greatest in gas.

Last edited: