• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UberEATS, uber says give 5-stars.

painfreepc

I will be using my $25 uberEATS promo code today, so only just now saw this,

"Do I need to tip my driver?

There’s no need to tip. The best way to thank your driver is with a 5-star rating."

So dear uber let me get this straight, a 5-star rating is the best way to say thanks, this pisses me off in two ways,

1. You are saying on behalf of the uberEATS driver that he or she prefers a 5-star rating instead of a money gratuity, who give you the right to say this, you are essentially saying "don't tip the driver"

2. So please tell me, why is it you straight out tell uberEATS clients to give the driver 5-stars, but you don't tell your clients of other uber services to give 5-stars to their driver, something is wrong with this picture.

Last edited:

painfreepc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the whole tipping issue is similar. I suspect that everyone in the boardroom, except TK himself, understands that this policy is stupid, but that no one is willing or able to flat-out say, "TK, this is stupid."

The matter is exacerbated by the fact that the only people dumber than Uber drivers are Lyft executives. To steal a line from Henry Kissinger, they never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.
So why is no other corporate CEO, publicly calling TK out on the tip issue..

JLA

Funny I've had two requests for it already. I canceled them for two reasons. 1. it wasn't on surge and 2. I know nothing about it. However, if it's on surge it will be..oh yes sir. I'll go get your sandwiches and take my sweet time to make sure it's all done right. Lol

KGB7

You won't understand it till you make your first $million.

Till then, you'll just drive your self crazy.

turbovator

There’s no need to tip. The best way to thank your driver is with a 5-star rating."

So dear uber let me get this straight, a 5-star rating is the best way to say thanks, this pisses me off in two ways,

1. You are saying on behalf of the uberEATS driver that he or she prefers a 5-star rating instead of a money gratuity, who give you the right to say this, you are essentially saying "don't tip the driver"

2. So please tell me, why is it you straight out tell uberEATS clients to give the driver 5-stars, but you don't tell your clients of other uber services to give 5-stars to their driver, something is wrong with this picture.
BECAUSE THEY CAN!

painfreepc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
come to think about it i would make more money if i delivered pizza
it's starting to look that way to me as well, i drive 130 miles round trip 4x a week just to get to an area to do uber,
uber keeps adding more drivers so wait time per trip is getting longer, even in the so called great uber areas of L.A.

Micmac

Your car will smell like pizza box ! Go for it if you have a beater ! Junk car ! :rolleyes:

Fuzzyelvis

Your car will smell like pizza box ! Go for it if you have a beater ! Junk car ! :rolleyes:
Why does everyone think that? I deliver pizza and my uber pax don't know unless I tell them. I'm told all the time how good my car smells.

I do use a doggie cover on the seat for the pizza and that keeps the funky pizza bag smell off my seats.

KMANDERSON

no way I'm delivering food for them

Jose_A

As a weekend warrior, I never even go into DC where they have UberEats, but if I ever got a request for it, I'll happily let it time out, especially since my acceptance rate on paper is 100%.

Transportador

As a weekend warrior, I never even go into DC where they have UberEats, but if I ever got a request for it, I'll happily let it time out, especially since my acceptance rate on paper is 100%.
How do you mean "on paper"? I'm interested in knowing this part of the game.

Jose_A

Well, not literally on a piece of paper - on their system. I accept 100% of my pings, and if it's too far or the rating is too low or a combination of any of the above, I'll cancel and not charge. This also depends on how desperate I am for rides. So far though, I have not had the misfortune of getting an eats ping as I don't usually drive those hours.

Transportador

Well, not literally on a piece of paper - on their system. I accept 100% of my pings, and if it's too far or the rating is too low or a combination of any of the above, I'll cancel and not charge. This also depends on how desperate I am for rides. So far though, I have not had the misfortune of getting an eats ping as I don't usually drive those hours.
Cool! So Uber doesn't ding you for too many cancellations? Is it more important to have a high acceptance rate or low cancellation rate?