UberEats Uber Fee Increase to 35%

Uberdriver1216

Anyone else notice Uber is now taking 35% from drivers instead of 25%? Noticed the increase this week. Was doing well with it, then BAM!, profit gone.

Order2Chaos

I did a google search and found people in other markets talking about this, and from what I've seen it's not just a percentage change but rather a whole different method of calculating it. Seems people in other markets received a notice of the change, not sure why that wasn't done here.

From what I can recall this is how it's calculated now:

Old Method:

($2/Mile + $4) - 25% Fee

New Method:

($1.1/Mile + $4.5) - 35% Fee

Steven Ambrose

I did a google search and found people in other markets talking about this, and from what I've seen it's not just a percentage change but rather a whole different method of calculating it. Seems people in other markets received a notice of the change, not sure why that wasn't done here.

Old Method:

($2/Mile + $4) - 25% Fee

New Method:

My last waybill still shows 4.80 base pickup and 1.30 a mile and the delivery I just did shows 25% to Uber.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170102-103600.png
    Screenshot_20170102-103600.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 20170102_104112.png
    20170102_104112.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Uberdriver1216

I am still at basepay 4.80 and 1.30 per mile but their fee is 35%. I've been driving for a few weeks at 25% fee until Friday when they jacked it up to 35%.

Steven Ambrose

I am still at basepay 4.80 and 1.30 per mile but their fee is 35%. I've been driving for a few weeks at 25% fee until Friday when they jacked it up to 35%.

You have only been driving a few weeks? From what someone posted on a different thread, he set up a separate email and such to just get eats requests and the fee went up to 35%. The more seasoned drivers, who do trips and eats get the 25% fee.

Uberdriver1216

Driving a few weeks for Eats. I have 2 accounts. One for eats and one for riders. This was done per Uber rep advice. Could not get the rider account to accept Eats requests so they advised to set up Eats under a different email. It was a nightmare and took a month before it was straightened out by doing this. I have been getting 25% on the eats account until Friday. Now it is 35%.

Uberdriver1216

Old Method:

($2/Mile + $4) - 25% Fee

New Method:

Just saw this as well and, apparently, some drivers in other cities are dealing with the increase across the board. Thanks for the info.

zordac

I have 2 accounts. One for eats and one for riders.

When did you start with the rider account? I'm with Steve. I think it's determined by when you started with Uber driving pax. Also, it may be because Steve and I are pre launch Eats drivers so our rates aren't changing like yours are.

Uberdriver1216

When did you start with the rider account? I'm with Steve. I think it's determined by when you started with Uber driving pax. Also, it may be because Steve and I are pre launch Eats drivers so our rates aren't changing like yours are.
I started the rider account in November and tried to do eats at the same time. Big cluster. They finally got it set up for eats in December and the fee increased this weekend. Uber confirmed the 35% fee today. I figured this would happen eventually. Extra cash is extra cash so I can't complain too much.

Shan.spencer2007

How you guys make money from 35% cut, gas is going up everyday and it gets now to $2.40. Make sure to make math and check if you actually making extra cash.

Jnyfrish84

Trust me i started in august and was doing fairly well averaging about 4-500 a week for ubereats alone for driving 9a-9pm in orange county. And after the pay structure change i made $62 for 9 hrs im sorry but i didnt cut my $11.55/hr disney job to part time from full time just to make $8-$9 per hour with no taxes taken out.