• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UberEats Questions ( Your recent experience )

Ted_R

Hello Everyone :smiles: New guy here.

I am looking at doing UberEats deliveries, I like the way it's setup. If it doesn't work out I may try GrubHub, Doordash, Postmates, etc..

I have a couple of questions specific to San Antonio:

Do you think it's possible to average minimum wage after expenses ( gas and taxes ) working 25 to 30 hours a week here in SA ? My car gets 35 miles to the gallon in town, my tax bracket is low :smiles:

Are you getting more pings for UberEats now that it's been here a few months ?

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thank You Everyone :smiles:

Seeker469

Welcome,

I do participate in UberEats in addition to riders here in town. The San Antonio market has not caught on yet like many other markets so you cant really expect to make a certain amount of money on any given day. For myself, I set a goal for the day and drive until I reach that $ figure. As far as Uber eats, I may be online for 6 hours and UberEats requests will be less than 10% of all pings. I most often receive UberEats requests in the evening and it all depends on what area you find yourself in and what food places participate.

But I will warn you about UberEats. I recently went to pick up food at Luby's. It was a large bag with like 3 complete dinners with all the sides, salads, dressings...etc with 3 large drinks. You may find yourself unable to carry everything to your car in one trip and then be able to manage all the food items from sliding all around and falling when driving and making turns and going over the godawful bumps on our SA streets.

Ted_R

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank You Seeker :smiles:

I've been doing UberEats a little over 2 weeks now and it has been working out ok so far, I sure like the flexibility.

I avoid evenings because of my schedule but it sounds like I may be missing out on some revenue.

I have been doing the same as you in that I set a dollar figure and just do the number of hours I need to attain it.

Thanks Again ! :smiles:

MS0321

Been driving for uber eats three weeks. It's been fine...I look to try to make a certain amount per weekend and it's been doable. I avoid the surge areas unless I happen to be close by as I find the areas closer to home are more busy.

valuber

Hello Everyone :smiles: New guy here.

I am looking at doing UberEats deliveries, I like the way it's setup. If it doesn't work out I may try GrubHub, Doordash, Postmates, etc..

I have a couple of questions specific to San Antonio:

Do you think it's possible to average minimum wage after expenses ( gas and taxes ) working 25 to 30 hours a week here in SA ? My car gets 35 miles to the gallon in town, my tax bracket is low :smiles:

Are you getting more pings for UberEats now that it's been here a few months ?

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thank You Everyone :smiles:
No. Uber Eats is slow. Uber is better.

Terri Lee

But I will warn you about UberEats. ... a large bag with like 3 complete dinners ... with 3 large drinks. You may find yourself unable to carry everything to your car in one trip and then be able to manage all the food items from sliding all around and falling when driving and making turns
I am shocked!

Who could ever have imagined that food delivery would be so fraught with danger?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nightshaadow Stories 15
nightshaadow UberEATS 5
N UberEATS 17