• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UberEats Pay Rates

tsmit44

In Case You Didn't Already Know

Pay before Uber fees
Pickup: $1.25
Drop-off: $1.00
Per mile: $0.65
Per min.: $0.09

Uber gets 35% of the total fees.

Pay After Uber Fees
Pickup:
$0.81
Drop-off: $0.65
Per mile: $0.42
Per min.: $0.06

Sample:
A 1.28 mile delivery that takes 16 minutes and 40 seconds.
$1.46 pickup and drop-off
$0.54 for distance
$1.00 for time

= $3.00

A lot of my deliveries look exactly like this. That's where the boost comes in.

The best time to drive is during a high boost.

$3.00 x (1.8 boost) = $5.40

When I started I used to see 3.0x & 3.2x boosts but not anymore. I wonder what happened. :o-o:

A longer wait time doesn't help because even with a boost it's just a few cents every minute and taking away time for future deliveries. You don't know how far the drop-off is until you get the food but the farther the better. $$$
You might be unlucky and drive 7 miles to deliver food under a mile. In that case you just hope for a tip. People suck sometimes.
If you get a day where half your customers tip, you're doing swell.

Notes:
- Boosts don't affect tips.
- Some deliveries far away from you have guaranteed amounts before you accept.
- Distance is paid from the restaurant to the customer.
- Paid time starts when you accept, not when you get to the restaurant.
- Don't forget: About 20% of this you'll have to give to the IRS at the beginning of the year.

Keep track of miles to see if you're really making any money.

My 2013 Honda Accord EX costs me $0.32 every mile I drive.

Where does this cost come from?
  • Fuel - 26mpg, $2 per gallon = $1 per 13 miles or $0.07
  • Oil - $50 synthetic oil change ~ 5k miles = $1 per 100 miles or $0.10
  • Tires - $640 Goodyear Assurance tires (4) ~ 65k miles = Under $0.01
  • Maintenance - $0.06 per mile
  • Depreciation - $0.08 per mile

More Notes:
- All estimates of course. I've searched many different sites and compared.​
- I go to a 5-minute oil change place. Cost more but with the Uber's 25% discount I pay the same as I would at an auto shop.​
- Gas varies greatly across the country so that's huge.​
- Maintenance includes things like air filters, wipers, and car washes as well but not cosmetic damages on the interior & exterior.​
- Tire price includes installation which is usually about $25-$30 per tire. The tires themselves are only about $130 each. There are some tires that last for up to 85k miles or some that help you save fuel and they're not too much more expensive. Worth considering.​
- I can see my MPG on my dash and it's really closer to 27mpg. Mostly city miles. I rarely ride the highway.​
- You can get some of these expenses back on your taxes so don't worry too much.​

Depreciation:

Vehicle Maintenance by Mileage & Model:
"The cost of maintenance for a small car is 4.68 cents per mile. It is 5.20 cents and 5.46 cents for a medium and a large sedan respectively."

Adonix

Here you can find about different vehicle service fee plus max pickup and drop distance.

Rickos69

I sort of have my own system of profitability determination.
The greater the difference between my online miles and the money I've made, the greater the profitability.
Some days when my miles are half or less as many as the bucks I've made, I'm a happy happy ant.

oicu812

Isn't oil change under maintenance? I wouldn't change synthetic oil every 5k miles anyways. I do it every 10k especially for a reliable japanese car. You can find lots of ways to minimize your costs to maximize your earnings.

Rickos69

Isn't oil change under maintenance? I wouldn't change synthetic oil every 5k miles anyways. I do it every 10k especially for a reliable japanese car. You can find lots of ways to minimize your costs to maximize your earnings.
Speaking of which, I am on a maintenance program with my dealer (Mazda), I pay $20 something included in my car payment, and when I asked them why they are doing 5,000 mile appointments for oil, tire rotation, etc, instead of 7,500, they said that they prefer it, even though yes, the oil is synthetic, blah blah blah.

tsmit44

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Generally, yes, but I kept it separate because it's a definite recurring cost. I do it when the light comes on which is usually around 5k. Not taking any chances. The manual however does say 10k but I drive the heck out of this thing so I'm just being careful.

M chez

In Case You Didn't Already Know

Pay before Uber fees
Pickup: $1.25
Drop-off: $1.00
Per mile: $0.65
Per min.: $0.09

Uber gets 35% of the total fees.

Pay After Uber Fees
Pickup:
$0.81
Drop-off: $0.65
Per mile: $0.42
Per min.: $0.06

Sample:
A 1.28 mile delivery that takes 16 minutes and 40 seconds.

$1.46 pickup and drop-off
$0.54 for distance
$1.00 for time

= $3.00

A lot of my deliveries look exactly like this. That's where the boost comes in.

The best time to drive is during a high boost.

$3.00 x (1.8 boost) = $5.40

When I started I used to see 3.0x & 3.2x boosts but not anymore. I wonder what happened. :o-o:

A longer wait time doesn't help because even with a boost it's just a few cents every minute and taking away time for future deliveries. You don't know how far the drop-off is until you get the food but the farther the better. $$$
You might be unlucky and drive 7 miles to deliver food under a mile. In that case you just hope for a tip. People suck sometimes.
If you get a day where half your customers tip, you're doing swell.

Notes:
  • Boosts don't affect tips.
  • Some deliveries far away from you have guaranteed amounts before you accept.
  • Distance is paid from the restaurant to the customer.
  • Paid time starts when you accept, not when you get to the restaurant.
  • Don't forget: About 20% of this you'll have to give to the IRS at the beginning of the year.

Keep track of miles to see if you're really making any money.

My 2013 Honda Accord EX costs me $0.32 every mile I drive.

Where does this cost come from?
  • Fuel - 26mpg, $2 per gallon = $1 per 13 miles or $0.07
  • Oil - $50 synthetic oil change ~ 5k miles = $1 per 100 miles or $0.10
  • Tires - $640 Goodyear Assurance tires (4) ~ 65k miles = Under $0.01
  • Maintenance - $0.06 per mile
  • Depreciation - $0.08 per mile
More Notes:
- All estimates of course. I've searched many different sites and compared.​
- I go to a 5-minute oil change place. Cost more but with the Uber's 25% discount I pay the same as I would at an auto shop.​
- Gas varies greatly across the country so that's huge.​
- Maintenance includes things like air filters, wipers, and car washes as well but not cosmetic damages on the interior & exterior.​
- Tire price includes installation which is usually about $25-$30 per tire. The tires themselves are only about $130 each. There are some tires that last for up to 85k miles or some that help you save fuel and they're not too much more expensive. Worth considering.​
- I can see my MPG on my dash and it's really closer to 27mpg. Mostly city miles. I rarely ride the highway.​
- You can get some of these expenses back on your taxes so don't worry too much.​

Depreciation:

Vehicle Maintenance by Mileage & Model:
"The cost of maintenance for a small car is 4.68 cents per mile. It is 5.20 cents and 5.46 cents for a medium and a large sedan respectively."
your oil change cost is off. $50/5000 miles is .01 not .10!

oicu812

Generally, yes, but I kept it separate because it's a definite recurring cost. I do it when the light comes on which is usually around 5k. Not taking any chances. The manual however does say 10k but I drive the heck out of this thing so I'm just being careful.
Yes, Prius light comes on at 5k, but service bulletin for it is 10k with Synthetic. 5k with conventional oil. Reset that light and go another 5k.

tsmit44

your oil change cost is off. $50/5000 miles is .01 not .10!
Good catch. I saw it later but I guess you can only edit for 24 hours. But you get it. lol
I have .01 on my paper. I was multi tasking and you know...
Post automatically merged:

Yes, Prius light comes on at 5k, but service bulletin for it is 10k with Synthetic. 5k with conventional oil. Reset that light and go another 5k.
I check my oil, too. It gets kind of low because I drive a lot a lot. I usually go to 7k. My last Honda Accord died because of neglecting to change the oil so I'm paranoid. The guys at the oil place would tell me if I just need a top off or not.

Last edited:

tsmit44

I average $1.20-$1.30/mile income
That's a good number. Only slightly under the amount I get from my other delivery job. They run the market in my city.The orders come in every few seconds so you're never just sitting around and doubled a lot. They tip well.

tsmit44

<<<
I forgot to check boost once and I got this, and this was also last straw for me to quit UE.
I did it in the morning for breakfast once. Didn't realize no boosts in this city before 10am. Nothing but $3 deliveries. Haven't done breakfast again.

amazinghl

I did it in the morning for breakfast once. Didn't realize no boosts in this city before 10am. Nothing but $3 deliveries. Haven't done breakfast again.
Only boost is 1.1X from 5pm to 9pm here in Phoenix, which means all sub 2 miles delivery is $3 or less.
Nope, not doing it.

amazinghl

Eventually your boost will go away, meanwhile earn all you can and also have an UE exit plan in mind.

tsmit44

Eventually your boost will go away, meanwhile earn all you can and also have an UE exit plan in mind.
View attachment 304211
Oh, I'm only using UE to expedite my student loan debt relief. I make 47k from my main job and about 18k from my other delivery job. I wouldn't even do it if it wasn't for:
  • Instant pay❤.
  • Logging on and off anytime you feel like.
  • Ability to cancel an order if you don't like how far it is.
  • And some places it's up to the restaurant to make sure the order is correct because they seal the bags/cups/containers.
  • Can do late evening & graveyard shift hours.
  • You can keep the food if they don't answer after 8 minutes ??

My other delivery job has great pay and great tippers (About $20/hr EVERY week) but it's not contract so:
  • You work a shift schedule that has to be committed to 2 weeks in advance. If you need to release one of your shifts you need a replacement to cover you. (It stays busy)
  • You have to work a minimum 20 hours. At least 3 weekends a month.
  • They can assign you any order as long as it's in your time slot. Unless you have an emergency like illness or car trouble they won't reassign to someone else.
  • You have to carry this huge hot bag everywhere. They're really strict about it.
  • You have to wear a uniform.
  • You check the orders
  • Doesn't start until 7am and stops at 10pm M-TR and 11pm on the weekends.
  • Taxes taken out upfront

bobby747

Every time I read this it's like a pain. Has a delivery guy at night for over 20 years. Do not do Uber its slave wages for a food delivery in your neighborhood find a mom and pop place and go work for them average price is $4 per hour and 50 cents to $1 of delivery plus tips 5 days a week must be a busy place least a $1000. If it's a Place that slow no go