UberEats Pay Rate (Pointer)

tcaud

Except delivery is much harder to manage timely (unless you're in favorable biking/scooting conditions?). The pay isn't even as good as pizza. And of course when it's slow you have to spend time/gas moving to a staging area to maximize your ping chances. In most cities it's impossible to manage over $10/hr doing EATS, and then only on weekends (when you take taxes out, you're down to $8 or lower).

And on top of that, since McDonalds started going 24hrs just to serve Uber orders, the slackers have emerged from their computer dens en mass. Turns out you can make median income sitting in line at McDonalds in the wee hours :p I'm probably gonna have to drop my gig doing delivery soon because the number of people taking orders has outstripped the demand.

But then, for the person who isn't bothered by the prospect you can make enough money doing Uber EATS to qualify for welfare rolls.

Lurking

While a few drivers do UberEats only, most drivers use UberEats as a supplement to UberX, XL, etc. The result is boosting average hourly earnings. For the same reason, drivers do Lyft as a supplement, concurrently with Uber. Doing all 3 (UberX, UberEats, and Lyft) together minimizes wait times (phase 1), maximizes pings per hour and therefore average hourly earnings.

tcaud

but can that lifestyle persist in the face of the convenience and sloth of McDonalds drive-thru? Well, maybe before 9:00pm.

Lurking

I believe that most drivers see U/L as a job, not a lifestyle. If you want a lifestyle that includes sitting in a line for endless hours then I suggest that you move to an appropriate location. I hear parts of Central and South America are both nice and low cost with plenty of sitting around folks. If you want to stay in USA then start with one of the nine states with the lowest living wage, like Kentucky. Choose the smallest town in the state. Live off-the-land in your RV, trailer, or cabin. You'll only need to go into town once or twice a month for supplies. I guarantee plenty of time to enjoy the new lifestyle when not watching satellite TV.

tcaud

I don't think it's fair to McDonalds workers, who already have plenty of work of the night (it's their day prep period, like at Wafflehouse) to keep the drive thru busy at night. But a WoW slacker probably isn't going to agree. We've seen this before: students realized they could get a free ride thru college and exploited the system to become "career" students, driving up prices for everybody and limiting access. McDonalds nighttime will be just as destructive for delivery. It's cheap for the person ordering ($5, tips aren't expected), and it doesn't affect driver earnings because 15 minute rule so you get $5 by making a call about the wait. Think about it: you sit in a car for 60 hrs a week, pattern of 45 minutes waiting in line watching your show/playing your game/whatever then 5-15 minutes of delivery down the street, and then you get back in line order or not because why not, and come away with $24k a year. (probably more if the time waiting can be monetized). Double the fun with a spouse and put your kids in the car with you and you're living the dream without working for it.

Lurking

There are reasons why the words "McDonalds" and "fair" are rarely found in the same sentence. Many graduating students get a rude awakening when they discover the world is not welcoming them with open arms. In today's economy, the jobs available are well below what they expected, if they can get a job at all.

Not sure what you mean by "McDonalds nighttime will be just as destructive for delivery." I use the expected wait time at McDonalds for bathroom break, clean out the car, etc. BTW, unclear if you're serious, but U/L doesn't allow ride-alongs, friends or family.

tcaud

Lurking that may be true, but when it comes to Eats nobody even cares about the condition of your car. There is no one monitoring who's in the car with you during deliveries.

Lurking

Lurking that may be true, but when it comes to Eats nobody even cares about the condition of your car. There is no one monitoring who's in the car with you during deliveries.
Agreed, but not sure what that has to do with the other points we were discussing.