UberEats Pay Rate in NYC-Suburbs

Lurking

Can someone who has successfully delivered for UberEats in Buffalo or anywhere in NYC-Suburbs please post a screenshot of the pay received for 1 or 2 deliveries, including the
  • Mileage
  • Pickup fee
  • Delivery fee
  • Mileage fee

Maven

Pick up $2.62, Drop off $1.13, Mileage 0.67 miles =$ 0.58
No boost, Westchester County
Great, but there are a few unanswered questions.
Are those numbers Net pay, after the Uber Cut, or Gross Pay? What's the Uber Cut? 20% 25% 30%
A screenshot might have made that apparent immediately.

Maven

You asked for pay received in your question, I abluged, say thank you.
Don’t make me sorry I responded, those are MY earnings, again per your question.
I do really appreciate you responding to the question. And your willingness to reveal part of your earnings.
So, Thank You! :smiles:
Unfortunately, without the additional information, the rates for the entire county cannot be determined. :frown:

reg barclay

Can someone who has successfully delivered for UberEats in Buffalo or anywhere in NYC-Suburbs please post a screenshot of the pay received for 1 or 2 deliveries, including the
  • Mileage
  • Pickup fee
  • Delivery fee
  • Mileage fee
AFAIK it's just the same as any uber x trip just that your pax is bag of fries and a milkshake, but you get paid the same rate for waiting/minute/mile etc.

Wnb85

This is with 1.3x boost. Right now only boost for eats is 11am to 2pm and 6 to 9pm
Screenshot_2017-09-30-20-39-47.png

Maven

AFAIK it's just the same as any uber x trip just that your pax is bag of fries and a milkshake, but you get paid the same rate for waiting/minute/mile etc.
It's a bit different as explained at https://uberpeople.net/threads/comparitive-nys-rates-with-surrounding-areas.205929/
Scroll down for "UberEats Delivery".
This is with 1.3x boost. Right now only boost for eats is 11am to 2pm and 6 to 9pm
Thank you for the screenshot. :smiles: It easy enough to calculate even with the boost.
____

The Uber Cut for UberEats is 25%. The minimum UberEats fare is $6 (gross), $4.50 (net)

Based on the information that you and Irishjohn831 (who has an unusual avatar for a 48-year-old guy, unless it's his daughter or niece) kindly provided.

Gross Pay for Westchester and NYC-Suburbs UberEats is

(($3.50 Pickup) + (mileage x $1.15 per-mile) + ($1.50 Delivery)) * (1 - 25% Uber Cut) * (Boost multiplier) + Tips

Net pay is the greater of

(($3.75 Pickup & Delivery) + (mileage x $.86 per-mile)) * (Boost multiplier) + Tips
or (when mileage under 0.87) $4.50 * (Boost multiplier) + Tips

Please reply if any of these numbers looks wrong and explain why.

Last edited:

micael

It’s not the same as uber x trip, because with uber eats you don’t geg paid for wait time or for time driving. It’s only fees and distance. If you afe stocked in trafic for 20 minutes you’ll get paid the same that make the delivery in 5 minutues than 20 minutes

Maven

It’s not the same as uber x trip, because with uber eats you don’t geg paid for wait time or for time driving. It’s only fees and distance. If you afe stocked in trafic for 20 minutes you’ll get paid the same that make the delivery in 5 minutues than 20 minutes
True, but you do not always wait long for Eats. There are several other differences:
  • No booking feed
  • 25% vs. 30% uber cut (this is the big one)
  • $1.15 vs. $1 per mile (gross pay)
  • $6 minimum fare
  • free food on undeliverable cancellations
Not always, but on average, UberEats pays slightly better than UberX.

Wnb85

True, but you do not always wait long for Eats. There are several other differences:
  • No booking feed
  • 25% vs. 30% uber cut (this is the big one)
  • $1.15 vs. $1 per mile (gross pay)
  • $6 minimum fare
  • free food on undeliverable cancellations
Not always, but on average, UberEats pays slightly better than UberX.
When I started a few months ago I did great with the all the boosts and promotions. Regular boost was 1.8 here and when they started running 24 hours the late night and early morning boost was 3x. I knew that wouldn't last so I capitalized until it was gone. I don't even bother with eats outside of the boost times it just doesn't seem worth it. Also if u get multiple orders at the same time from the same place u only get 1 pickup fee ($2.63). I notice when I get back to back orders at the same place the second order is not ready yet and I end up waiting for a few mins. They gradually dropped the lunch and evening boost to 1.3x now I hardly feel like doing this anymore. They lure u in with promos then expect u to keep doing it for less money...

Maven

When I started a few months ago I did great with the all the boosts and promotions. Regular boost was 1.8 here and when they started running 24 hours the late night and early morning boost was 3x. I knew that wouldn't last so I capitalized until it was gone. I don't even bother with eats outside of the boost times it just doesn't seem worth it. Also if u get multiple orders at the same time from the same place u only get 1 pickup fee ($2.63). I notice when I get back to back orders at the same place the second order is not ready yet and I end up waiting for a few mins. They gradually dropped the lunch and evening boost to 1.3x now I hardly feel like doing this anymore. They lure u in with promos then expect u to keep doing it for less money...
You have discerned part of Uber's manipulative machinations. :biggrin: They go farther, much farther. :rolleyes:

Everything you, every other driver, and passenger (in ever country Uber is active) does is recorded and kept for intensive behavioral analysis. Uber can now predict, with great accuracy what you, and every other driver, in every country will do in the future under the proper "stimuli" (surge, boosts and promotions). That may make you uncomfortable, even angry, but there's more.

The massive amount of behavioral data that Uber has collected for years is extremely valuable. We're talking on the order of $Billions, perhaps more. The independent contractors (drivers) who unknowingly provided that data will not see one single penny, now or in the future. :frown: The same data is used to predict the comparative behaviors of different markets and how much Uber can periodically raise fares (booking fee) in each market, thus increase profits without giving the drivers a corresponding raise. :mad: You can be sure that Uber is immune from any and all legal exposure. That's their especial gift.

Last edited:

Wnb85

You have discerned part of Uber's manipulative machinations. :biggrin: They go farther, much farther. :rolleyes:

Everything you, every other driver, and passenger (in ever country Uber is active) does is recorded and kept for intensive behavioral analysis. Uber can now predict, with great accuracy what you, and every other driver, in every country will do in the future under the proper "stimuli" (surge, boosts and promotions). That may make you uncomfortable, even angry, but there's more.

The massive amount of behavioral data that Uber has collected for years is extremely valuable. We're talking on the order of $Billions, perhaps more. The independent contractors (drivers) who unknowingly provided that data will not see one single penny, now or in the future. :frown: The same data is used to predict the comparative behaviors of different markets and how much Uber can periodically raise fares (booking fee) in each market, thus increase profits without giving the drivers a corresponding raise. :mad: You can be sure that Uber is immune from any and all legal exposure. That's their especial gift.
Thanks for breaking that down and making me dislike Uber even more :wink:. The sad part is no matter how many of us get frustrated and walk away, there's no shortage of ppl with cars who really need the money and are willing to slave for them. I can't wait to see how far they are willing to go to make a profit and how long this will all last

Maven

Thanks for breaking that down and making me dislike Uber even more :wink:. The sad part is no matter how many of us get frustrated and walk away, there's no shortage of ppl with cars who really need the money and are willing to slave for them. I can't wait to see how far they are willing to go to make a profit and how long this will all last
All true, but let's answer your remaining question. Uber has proven that the current driver pay structure will last indefinitely. People desperate for money will continue to believe Uber's glowing enticements and join the gig economy.

They will convert their time and the value of their cars (mileage depreciation) into cash, while accepting increased risks to their physical, emotional, and financial health. Most will forgo doing the simple math, not calculating depreciation, increased risks, and all other expenses (gas, increased maintenance, insurance, car washes, taxes, giveaways like water, candy, gum, etc.) that would force them to realize they are earning about the same as a McDonald's employee if they're lucky, and below-minimum wage if they are not.

On the plus side, we get to set our own hours and are not at the mercy of some wacko boss (many are much harder on themselves).

Maven

This is with 1.3x boost. Right now only boost for eats is 11am to 2pm and 6 to 9pm View attachment 163301
Another issue came up, that I had not considered earlier. In NYC Suburbs, the state requires that Uber automatically deduct both a "TNC assessment" and "Black Car Fund". You should see these for X and XL trips, Fare Detail > Others Receive. The question is if either or both of these fees are deducted for UberEats. That would completely throw off my calculations. :frown:

Maven

View attachment 163549
Pulled up fare details on a trip I just did today. Only says uber service fee
Thank you for this additional information. It appears that neither a "TNC assessment" or "Black Car Fund" is applied to UberEats deliveries. My prior calculations do not need to be adjusted. :smiles: The uber service fee is the expected 25% for the Gross fare.

The associated question is whether the Uber cut in NYC-Suburbs is not 30%, as I previous thought, but 25% after the 6% deduction for "TNC assessment" and "Black Car Fund" is applied. Would you please upload a fare breakdown for any X or XL trip in NYC-Suburbs to confirm?

Wnb85

Thank you for this additional information. It appears that neither a "TNC assessment" or "Black Car Fund" is applied to UberEats deliveries. My prior calculations do not need to be adjusted. :smiles: The uber service fee is the expected 25% for the Gross fare.

The associated question is whether the Uber cut in NYC-Suburbs is not 30%, as I previous thought, but 25% after the 6% deduction for "TNC assessment" and "Black Car Fund" is applied. Would you please upload a fare breakdown for any X or XL trip in NYC-Suburbs to confirm?
I have yet to do a passenger ride. I prefer eats since food doesn't talk. Been considering going out one weekend to give it a shot but haven't been up to it lately. Would be nice to see where Im going before starting a trip but I get why they don't do it that way. Eats is convenient cause it keeps me close to home

Maven

I have yet to do a passenger ride. I prefer eats since food doesn't talk. Been considering going out one weekend to give it a shot but haven't been up to it lately. Would be nice to see where Im going before starting a trip but I get why they don't do it that way. Eats is convenient cause it keeps me close to home
Passenger rides can be quite different. When UberEats is slow, you may want to give it a try. Your car should be kept cleaner. You should give a pleasant "hello" or "good morning" and "have a good day" when they depart. If you want to stay close to home then avoid the "Long Trip 45+ minute" indicator.

Wnb85

Passenger rides can be quite different. When UberEats is slow, you may want to give it a try. Your car should be kept cleaner. You should give a pleasant "hello" or "good morning" and "have a good day" when they depart. If you want to stay close to home then avoid the "Long Trip 45+ minute" indicator.
Good to know. Will post about my experience when I get around to doing some