UberEats now Uber Delivery in OC

mandreyka

image.png
They sent me a $30 net guarantee for uber eats. I opted in and may try it at lunc time on Saturday. Maybe get some tips and a free lunch lol

mandreyka

This makes me mad. I have to "Opt In" to get more information? No...

https://view.et.uber.com/?qs=b9857c...cb4dc70d5595b4e51d55a92078cbd5adcb431b3d2513f

...And a $2 per mile incentive this weekend? If they are willing to pay that for food transportation, why not value the human life in a moving vehicle and pay the same to UberX drivers?
Just hit opt in, you still have to hit submit after you read about it. They make you a profile that says "courier "

Jake2016

https://view.et.uber.com/?qs=b9857c...cb4dc70d5595b4e51d55a92078cbd5adcb431b3d2513f

...And a $2 per mile incentive this weekend? If they are willing to pay that for food transportation, why not value the human life in a moving vehicle and pay the same to UberX drivers?
Apparently, their initial crappy offer ($20/hour, if I remember it correctly) didn't inspire enough new pizza delivery men and women... Now we have to feel honored in OC, where our incentives have been zero for over a month...

After they have commoditized one segment with their "Wal-Mart of Transportation" approach to UberX pricing, which doesn't make any sense, now they are trying to break in a new segment and badly need us. Not sure how sustainable it is to pay $30/hour for food delivery. Who is going to pay for it? They will be operating at loss just to get in and then it will $20/hour rate in the best case scenario.

mandreyka

Apparently, their initial crappy offer ($20/hour, if I remember it correctly) didn't inspire enough new pizza delivery men and women... Now we have to feel honored in OC, where our incentives have been zero for over a month...

After they have commoditized one segment with their "Wal-Mart of Transportation" approach to UberX pricing, which doesn't make any sense, now they are trying to break in a new segment and badly need us. Not sure how sustainable it is to pay $30/hour for food delivery. Who is going to pay for it? They will be operating at loss just to get in and then it will $20/hour rate in the best case scenario.
It's like anything else uber, just take advantage of whatever is a good deal for you at the time. Ya they will be losing money. Nothing new

Reversoul

I'm not in LA, I'm in ATL but I'm familiar with the city cause I go out there quite a bit. Trust me, if you decide to do eats, do it in the suburbs and steer clear of the downtown area.

I only do eats in the suburbs of ATL because the miles to customers are a lot more. I tried it in midtown and downtown ATL and every delivery was less than 4 miles and parking was a nightmare. I spent more time waiting for the food than I did making money.

I even got a parking ticket that cost me $135. That was my boiling point. I suspect parking would be a pain near beach areas like Santa Monica.

Anyway, out in the suburbs each fare has an average of 9 miles and many times it's more.

I get tips about 10% of the time which is my only complaint. Typically the people that tip are generous and they'll give up to $10 depending on the price of order. Tips will generally cover your fuel expenses.

Hope this helps.

LASAC_BER

Is this in LA too? I wanna try it...if not, I can change my home to OC, I live on the border anyway.

mandreyka

Anyone know where I can pick up the insulated "bag" for uber delivery ?
You have to go to an office, I just did because I had another issue but signed up for eats as well.
They charge a $5 deposit for the bag, told them I have one that will work but it's not an option.