• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Ubereats new rate from 28th of Feb

Dia

Hi Guys,
Just received an email about the new rate for Ubereats drivers. What do you think about it?
I think it will be better in surge time only. Otherwise, it will be less.
Please see the attached email.

View attachment 99774

Thanks

UberDriverAU

Hi Guys,
Just received an email about the new rate for Ubereats drivers. What do you think about it?
I think it will be better in surge time only. Otherwise, it will be less.
Please see the attached email.

View attachment 99774

Thanks
If it's cheaper to catch an UberX there and back, perhaps people will do that to avoid paying a "boost". It's interesting that the per km rate over there is $1.40 going up to $1.50. Over here in Perth they've got the rate set at $0.90/km. I don't know how anyone could find that worthwhile.

Man with a Ute

Sounds like a 10% cut after 13th March for the Uber Eats. I don't think ubereats will have surge. The same story has occurred in the uberX arena in the past. Make a cut, give a bonus or incentive and then take it away. Perhaps this is setting up for a cut for the ants???

joffie

Who the hell is going to do EATS during peak hour in a car? That is absolutely ludicrous as you are stuck in heavy traffic and will get customers complain about soggy, cold food.

The ONLY time that is good for eats is after morning peak hour so 11-3 then late at night.

UberDriverAU

Don't forget no pay for the time with Ubereats.
Yeah I know. From a customer's point of view, the base fare is $8.30 for UberEATS, compared to $2.00 for UberX. That leaves $6.30 to clock up before you're at the same starting point as UberEATS.

Sounds like a 10% cut after 13th March for the Uber Eats. I don't think ubereats will have surge. The same story has occurred in the uberX arena in the past. Make a cut, give a bonus or incentive and then take it away. Perhaps this is setting up for a cut for the ants???
Yeah this is disastrous for me and other ubereats deliverers. I remember back before the service fee was increased that basically every second or third delivery ended up with $10 in the pocket of the deliverer. However, now the lowest amount you can make is like $6 for rates for a driver. The pay keeps dropping, so it's making it difficult for deliverers to stay in the game.

UberDriverAU

Yeah this is disastrous for me and other ubereats deliverers. I remember back before the service fee was increased that basically every second or third delivery ended up with $10 in the pocket of the deliverer. However, now the lowest amount you can make is like $6 for rates for a driver. The pay keeps dropping, so it's making it difficult for deliverers to stay in the game.
It's standard Uber modus operandi. They make the rates inviting enough to get sign ups, then claw it back bit by bit.

sporadic

Message to Uber Eats customers... get off your collective fat arses, get some exercise and go and get your own food.
I love the ultra lazy ones... Those that live <300m down the road, where I get paid $9.20 for walking their food down to them with no fuel burn.

It's the idiots that I can't stand. Those idiot ones that live in the CBD ordering during rush hour... middle fingers all around. Anything more than 3km is idiotic.

If it's cheaper to catch an UberX there and back, perhaps people will do that to avoid paying a "boost". It's interesting that the per km rate over there is $1.40 going up to $1.50. Over here in Perth they've got the rate set at $0.90/km. I don't know how anyone could find that worthwhile.
$2.20 a km in Sydney

Trigger

Does anyone have details of the 1.1x and 1.2x incentive times mentioned during the transition to new calcs? No longer on Uber site.

Yep here's it quoted from the email uber sent to me:

While these changes take effect we will be offering Boost Incentives during the following peak hours for the first 2 weeks (from 28 February until 13 March 2017): Monday - Thursday: 12-2pm, 6pm - 9pm: 1.1x Friday - Sunday: 12-2pm, 6pm - 9pm: 1.2x Check your email on Thursdays for any additional incentives