1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

UberEATS New pay model

Discussion in 'UberEATS' started by uberboy1212, May 29, 2018.

1. uberboy1212

uberboy1212 Well-Known Member

I knew it was a pay cut but its worse than I thought. Did 4 trips and made 20% less than I used to. $6.99 for a 5.3 miles trip. Its been really slow today prob because many drivers actually thought they were getting a raise. If I didnt have my quest I would quit today. Im going to see how this week goes because Im not even sure it will be worth it with the quest. If you arent getting good boost/quest you really have no choice but to find another gig. uber1.PNG uber2.PNG

2. downeybrook

downeybrook Active Member

oh no we are screwed....i have no boost or quest now... made $25 on 5 trips in 3 hours today...spent $3 on gas...

why don't you run 2 apps at same time....

Ozzyoz likes this.
  3. Joesmith2012

Joesmith2012 Active Member

This is pure idiocy we should be paid based on distance that's the majority of our labor and work, who cares about waiting, waiting is not work, you literally sit and do nothing for 10 mins, this is really irritating, if I'm not being paid well for distance, then I will avoid restaurants that tend to give long deliveries and stay at short delivery restaurants now

Stuwop and MoreTips like this.
  4. islanders88

islanders88 Well-Known Member

Oh boy. They wouldn't just give us all a pay raise by incorporating "time" into the pay structure. I knew it was going to be a pay cut just didnt know how big of a percentage. It was a good run until it lasted. Time to uninstall the app and move on.

5. TWC

TWC Active Member

This is crazy. I have heard nothing about a change to the pay model in the Atlanta area.

If they want to start paying us based on time, then they need to pay us for all of the time we sit in these damn restaurants waiting on food.

6. uberboy1212

This is such a chicken **** way of giving us a pay cut. I’m assuming they will be giving out more promotions now but then again it’s Uber so who knows.

7. TWC

TWC Active Member

Like I said in another thread, the frustration part is the complete unpredictability when it comes to earnings.

I can get a 1.3X boost one week and have a couple of quests sprinkled in, but be down to 1.1X the next week with no quests. I just defies all logic.

I just sit back and think about my real job. If my boss came in today and said, "Well, we are going to pay you 20% less this week. No apparent reason, we just feel like it", I'd be packing my things and quitting before he could get out of the door of my office.

I appreciate the easy money and flexibility that UE offers but damn it can be maddening sometimes.

8. PoopingOwl

PoopingOwl Member

How do they determine “estimated time” and is that information given to you up front when accepting the trip?

You might need to wait a couple weeks but keep an eye on it. If you’re getting blown up with pings as soon as you start up the app it means people aren’t doing UE and they usually up the boost when that happens.

9. Uber500

Uber500 Member

They take the actual estimated time and subtract 5 minutes.

10. Delman

Delman Active Member

I've only done one so far today with the new pay... they are offering 1.3 boost all day when it is usually only 1.1.. i think they qre trying to mask the pay cut with a little more boost.

Ignoring the boost, which we know will disappear as quick ad it came, I would have earned $5.32 inder the old structure but actually earned $4.98. Seems small but they actually 13 and a half minutes wait time from when i arrived at the restaurant to the delivery finished.. food was not ready, 7 mins waiting, about 4 mins driving and almost 3 minutes looking for the kid who put in the wrong address.. he was at the high school and not the church accross the street as per the app.

Considering i will be able to comolete most deliveries in half this time the actual pay will be another $1.30 less..

So, yeah, big ass pay cut. Ive been doing door dash all morning and skip the dishes all night so far. Uber will get even less of my time now.

MoreTips likes this.
  11. Uberkm

Uberkm New Member

I've not heard anything either about Atlanta. I've not seen a new app or an update either

12. uberboy1212

Hopefully it takes a while to hit your area but just know that its coming. They probably sent me a link for the new app since the new pay started here today. The new app is real nice but too bad the pay sucks

13. Uberkm

Uberkm New Member

I'm ready to go with GrubHub. I'll probably see how it compares tomorrow. They have more restaurants than Uber in the area I mainly drive. I actually live just in the outskirts of the delivery area and very rarely make it into Atlanta unless I'm taking passengers. I've made decent money with Eats, I suspect mainly because there doesn't seem to be a lot of other drivers in the area I work. I typically have very little downtime but I have some fairly long rides. From what I'm reading it seems like the new pay is really going to screw that up.

Corrada likes this.
  14. uberboy1212

Nice I’m going to get back on DD and GH too. I’m not in a great area for GH but I can def see the potential for it to be really good. Always have to have backup plans

15. Bpr2

Bpr2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Wrong address? Free food.

16. bobby747

bobby747 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    u must work for the pizza place to make the nice money. search for a mom and pop one. over 20 years as a night time guy in South philly...eats suck.....money is great private ...like $4 hr.. base pay plus del.. fee. tips. many times u leave sto res with 5 plus stops.

Emp9 likes this.
  17. Uberdaddyo

Uberdaddyo Active Member

55CA1A64-1AAA-4397-A74D-9296DB1DE164.png
    Yeah? Check this out less distance but almost an hour

doyousensehumor and Uberyouber like this.
  18. Nats121

Nats121 Well-Known Member

We should be paid for BOTH distance and time.

The problem is when fuber instituted time pay, they dramatically CUT all three of the other payouts, which more than offset the time pay.

Dara has turned out to be WORSE for the drivers than Travis.

They are paying for all the time at the restaurants, the problem is the time pay is too low to overcome the massive paycuts in mileage pay, etc.

19. bizly

bizly Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    How much are they paying per mile now? How much were they paying previously? I have yet to see this update roll out in SFL, it would probably kill my desire to do UE anymore - we never get boosts or quests down here.. the only thing we are guaranteed here is at least $3.86 ($3 pickup, $0.86 drop off) on every order..

20. OneRideOneVomit

OneRideOneVomit Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Everyone was excited about this when they did it 6 months ago in Chicago. Now they hate it, I knew it was a pay cut after 5 deliveries. Also the biggest reason uber did it? It takes away the $5 wait fee, which has always been their biggest profit eater. Uber will never change things that benefit the driver money wise.

OJL likes this.