UberEats LA: New CEO, new huge pay cut. How many are feeling it?

intrakitt

The boosts have been seriously cut. I'm making 1/3 less at least. It's officially not worth it (as if it ever really was). Anyone else experience the same thing? I'm in Los Angeles.

D_D

Actually Uber Eats pays the best... Yes, it's disappointing that they cut out pay but they need to pay us Kilometers/Miles to drive to the pick up. Sometimes, the pickup is like 10km away 10-20 min drive. Any contract work or company would pay you to drive to a location and back.

Ab85

Actually Uber Eats pays the best... Yes, it's disappointing that they cut out pay but they need to pay us Kilometers/Miles to drive to the pick up. Sometimes, the pickup is like 10km away 10-20 min drive. Any contract work or company would pay you to drive to a location and back.
There is no tip come on which delivery company does that

D_D

Ok, we cannot rely on tips as this is a service and a tip is at the discretion of the customer. It is their choice. So, I don't care if they don't tip and you shouldn't either. The reason for that is because of the cost of the items. Your goal and my goal should be to complete as many trips as possible. If Uber adds the tip field to the order screen and prompt the customer to enter a character in the field which would make the customer obligated to tip you. That would be great! for example: TIP: ________. This would be a required field before submitting the order. So the cx either tips you right away here or they enter 0 and they tip you later after your exceptional service.

intrakitt

Well, they don't do that here in Los Angeles. They really pay you to go to a pickup there? Is that what you're saying, or are you saying they "need to" as in future? We are paid from restaurant to customer only here. Please clarify. It's not one of the best here. Grub Hub ad Postmates the drivers make a bit more, and those two companies heavily encourage tipping, ulike Uber, who added tipping to the app, yet still leaves it up to the discretion of the customer. Most do not tip here. I may receive 1 tip per every 20 deliveries. And i go over and above. In Los Angeles we are not required to bring the food to the customer's door, but I usually will do it if it's a private house or not a security building. I stay well dressed and polite, I have a great rating and never had a complaint in 1 - 1/2 years (over 2,500 deliveries).

D_D

Well, they don't do that here in Los Angeles. They really pay you to go to a pickup there? Is that what you're saying, or are you saying they "need to" as in future? We are paid from restaurant to customer only here. Please clarify. It's not one of the best here. Grub Hub ad Postmates the drivers make a bit more, and those two companies heavily encourage tipping, ulike Uber, who added tipping to the app, yet still leaves it up to the discretion of the customer. Most do not tip here. I may receive 1 tip per every 20 deliveries. And i go over and above. In Los Angeles we are not required to bring the food to the customer's door, but I usually will do it if it's a private house or not a security building. I stay well dressed and polite, I have a great rating and never had a complaint in 1 - 1/2 years (over 2,500 deliveries).

Hi, I am saying as in future they should pay us to pick up a delivery. I guess most people where you are, are just cheap. I receive a tips every day. I stayed home yesterday because it was like 40 degree weather. However the day before I received 6 dollars in cash tips and before 15 dollars. it covers my weekly lotto play lol..