• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UberEats driver shot customer, killed, then flees, turns himself in, now charged with murder

TwoFiddyMile

It is.
Same scenario in a taxi the killer would still be out there.

Thanks to Uber's great technology, one more scumbag is off the streets!

Take that Taxi man!
Wrong wrong wrong!
Yellow is app based. Also, we have purpose built two way cams with sound. GPS notification into the software when we pick up a street hail.
But go on with your dilusion.

Another Uber Driver

Same scenario in a taxi the killer would still be out there.
Thanks to Uber's great technology, one more scumbag is off the streets!Take that Taxi man!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^TNC elitism, brought you you by Uber and Lyft^^^^^^^^^^^^^

........and these people virtue signal all day and half the night that they do not drink the Uber Kool-Aid.

Wrong wrong wrong! Yellow is app based. Also, we have purpose built two way cams with sound. GPS notification into the software when we pick up a street hail. But go on with your dilusion.

There is no cure for TNC elitism. Uber and Lyft perpetuate the myths and the ants scurry for it every time.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Had it been a licensed taxi, the same result.

The cops would have gone to all the licensed cabs in town to ask who was on the block at the time, if there wasn't a witness who got the cab# in the first place.

Most cab Cos plaster the number on every side of the vehicle to make identifying them easier.

If you think it's HARDER to identify the specific vehicle than it would be for uber your insane. And there's GPS tracking on top of it.

Another Uber Driver

The cops would have gone to all the licensed cabs in town to ask who was on the block at the time, if there wasn't a witness who got the cab# in the first place.

If you think it's HARDER to identify the specific vehicle than it would be for uber your insane. And there's GPS tracking on top of it.
All that they would have had to do is go to each company and ask that question. The tell-tales programmed into all of the meters/consoles allows a search just as you describe/ All that the official would have to do is punch in DATE/TIME/BLOCK NUMBER/STREET or even a range of times, and every cab that was there would show.

Back in the days of voice dispatch and handwritten tickets (READ: REAL dispatch), the police would have had to go to each cab company and ask if any cab had a call there at that time or any driver had reported a street hail at that time. As most of the cabs did not have radios and none of them reported their activities to the companies, the police would have had to get lucky.

If the incident was the result of a call, that usually worked out better, but, not always. If the incident occurred at an "open spot", such as a club, restaurant, hotel or concert venue, often people jumped into the first thing that they saw. I used to get the lost article complaints from open spots. I used to look up the call, find the driver assigned to it, interview the driver to learn that he covered the call, but, the customer was not there. I then had to call the customer and tell him that he did not take the cab that was sent for him, instead, he took the first thing that was driving past there, so, I can not help him.

dens

I been told late night meal can have dangerous side effect and even kill you.

Last edited: