Ubereats delivery sucks

Uberookie

I just started driving for uber like 2 weeks. At first it's not bad at all, not until I signed up for ubereats. The first couple days it seemed fine, picked up foods from close by restaurants, even-through sometimes have to wait a little bit for the food to be done, but still ok for me. Personally, I think pay out about the same as pick up pax. Whatever, back to story. The problems started this couple days. I started getting pined by far far away restaurants, showed 15 mins driving distance, not just 1 or 2, the past couple nights been like that. 7 out of my 9 trips were delivery food, and it's far picked up too. I bet most uber drivers tried it out and don't like it. That's why picked up locations getting farther and farther. I was so pissed that I had to turn off the app, then texted uber support to opt out delivery. Anyone has this experience or maybe worse?

Last edited:

Gees2016

never opted in and never planned on it.. if i wanted to deliver food i'd hit up the local pizza place and probably make more
That would be common sense....i think it was designed for the restaurants that dont offer delivery.....common sense still says UberEats is not worth it.

tradedate

Hmmm. Underpaid food deliveries in a city that has inadequate parking and aggressive ticketing? Oh and did I mention no tips? It's no surprise that drivers don't like this.

You're probably not making any more money than if you were doing regular X trips in that same time. At least with X you don't have to get out your car.

Gees2016

Hmmm. Underpaid food deliveries in a city that has inadequate parking and aggressive ticketing? Oh and did I mention no tips? It's no surprise that drivers don't like this.

You're probably not making any more money than if you were doing regular X trips in that same time. At least with X you don't have to get out your car.
Inadequate parking and Aggressive ticketing....you summed it up....of course No Tipping. You will still have idiots lined up to do it. UberPool and UberEats is in the same boat.

disp350

I kinda felt the same way a few weeks ago, as I drove past many available cars I saw on the Uber pax app for a food delivery. I think most drivers want no part of it and am beginning the feel the same way. So now its the 10 minute rule until i get opted out, no driving more than 10 minutes for as Eats run

Stray cat

Yeah, I was a lemming last night. Got hit up for 3 straight deliveries.

Dropped off UberX pax at 46 & Baltimore. Got ping to 52 & Girard soul food joint. Delivery to SW Philly war zone, no tip.

Second delivery was biggest joke. Ping to go 15 minutes from SW Philly to South Philly joint to deliver 3 small milk shakes to North Philly, no tip. Really not worth the $11 earning.

Final delivery was from 26 & Girard to Temple Hospital: $1 tip. Called it a night before I'd get hit for another delivery.

DoUHaveAnyWater?

I just started driving for uber like 2 weeks. At first it's not bad at all, not until I signed up for ubereats. The first couple days it seemed fine, picked up foods from close by restaurants, even-through sometimes have to wait a little bit for the food to be done, but still ok for me. Personally, I think pay out about the same as pick up pax. Whatever, back to story. The problems started this couple days. I started getting pined by far far away restaurants, showed 15 mins driving distance, not just 1 or 2, the past couple nights been like that. 7 out of my 9 trips were delivery food, and it's far picked up too. I bet most uber drivers tried it out and don't like it. That's why picked up locations getting farther and farther. I was so pissed that I had to turn off the app, then texted uber support to opt out delivery. Anyone has this experience or maybe worse?
Well of course Uber Eats is a bad idea. It's as obvious a conclusion as "shit stinks". What did you expect with such low pay and so much unpaid waiting / driving / delivering time?

Ty110072

Yeah I agree the whole of Philly can be on a 2+ surge and I won't get 1 ride only ubereats no matter how many I cancel. It sucks should have brought home bookoo bucks last couple nights but not thanks to 16 ubereats I got in a row for 5 hours. Not one Uberx ride surge or otherwise. I wish they would allow you to turn of requests for eats and turn them on when you want them like when it's not surging then it wouldn't be to bad but fat chance

joffie

This is the problem with uber eats.

Saturday night between 6-8 the city surges like mad because people are moving around.

At that time people are ordering food for dinner.

The result is this. Drivers ignoring the eats jobs in the hope for a nice surge fare. This results in the pings ending up 25 min. In my city, I can't even go into the city on a Saturday night until after midnight (the time where eats stops).

They have a huge push for bikers however they get the short pings, and scooters which I believe get slightly longer pings.

Eats is not worth it if its surging. A failed business model from the start.

Ignore 3 jobs and they time you out. Always 3 eats, mini ban, more eats. Destination filter tends to get rid of the crappy eats jobs.

disp350

A 20 minute ping for an UberEats call on Friday was finally enough for me. I sent an email to UberPhilly and within 2 hours they responded and had me removed. If you do that, just remember to log out after the confirmation email and then log back in cause I got pinged for one last Eats delivery after the email.