• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UberEats and UberRush in San Francisco

Moo Moo

Uber drivers who drive in San Francisco during the day time near the financial district or South of Market between 11 AM and 2 PM may get pings for UberEats, but according to an article in sfgate.com Uber drivers can opt-in to pickup and deliver for UberRush.

http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Uber-s-latest-logistics-play-UberRush-in-SF-6569318.php
Consumers won’t see UberRush on their phones. Instead, participating merchants — it’s opening with a dozen local partners, including bag maker Timbuk2 — can use a Web-based UberRush dashboard to request and track an Uber delivery person, who could be either a driver or a bike messenger. People and packages won’t share cars, said Uber spokesperson Laura Zapata.

“We are reaching out to drivers with high ratings who might want to opt in, or new drivers whose vehicles don’t qualify for our normal business of delivering people because they have two-door cars or their cars are not 2005 or newer,” she said.

In San Francisco, UberRush will cost $3 plus $3 a mile, with a $6 minimum. Costs vary by city.

Transportador

UberEats would be like driving for Dominos, something I did ages ago in college! It wasn't fun back then...Unless the packages or food items can somehow get in and out of my car on their own, I wouldn't do it. Finding parking will be terrible. Illegal parking with your flasher on ain't the answer either. Taking items into buildings to the exact apartment doors is a real pain! Maybe they have figured out how you can drive and pick up/deliver without getting out of your car?

AceManShow

UberEats would be like driving for Dominos, something I did ages ago in college! It wasn't fun back then...Unless the packages or food items can somehow get in and out of my car on their own, I wouldn't do it. Finding parking will be terrible. Illegal parking with your flasher on ain't the answer either. Taking items into buildings to the exact apartment doors is a real pain! Maybe they have figured out how you can drive and pick up/deliver without getting out of your car?
Totally agree.. Finding parking in SF is a losing battle with the meter maids once you get a $40 parking ticket for double parking.

Transportador

On second thought, maybe I'll do it when I'm hungry and not close to my favorite places to eat. Accept, cancel due to whatever reason and have a nice lunch, heh heh.

Aging Prius

I did Eats for awhile to cover the slowish 10am-1pm time, and just opted out. Totally not worth it. A typical trip goes like this: You park somewhere iffy as there is nothing within 3 blocks that's legal, go to the restaurant who doesn't have the order ready, wait while risking a ticket, get the food, find out where it's going (the 22nd floor of a condo in SOMA) park in an iffy spot there, take the elevator and walk down 300 yards of hallways to the guy's unit, hand him his food and tell him to enjoy it. Of course, no tip. Had one too many of those.