• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UberEats' algorithm: first day VS other days

josephnet

I'm not going to be super suspicious; but before I joined UberEats as a driver, I was told Uber's algorithm assigns much more tasks to drivers on their very first day of work to encourage them to stay in.

At the time I didn't pay attention to those conspiracy theories until I joined myself. I can't believe it! 16 trips in the first 24 hours and the next day only one so far (it's 12:00 now)!!!

Could it be a coincidence?

Beepbeep41

It favours everyone who isn’t an UberX Driver first because it takes more commission from people who only do food...

Wrenn

I only wish that the delivery drivers would actually use the food insulated bags and drive the car that’s actually on their profile when they deliver to me ?‍♂I even had one delivered in a car with a dealers number plate you would use when road testing a car,so in actual fact 2 x deliveries in the car not specified to the driver.? if they were picking up pax like myself or others they would be deactivated.

josephnet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I only wish that the delivery drivers would actually use the food insulated bags and drive the car that’s actually on their profile when they deliver to me ?‍♂I even had one delivered in a car with a dealers number plate you would use when road testing a car,so in actual fact 2 x deliveries in the car not specified to the driver.? if they were picking up pax like myself or others they would be deactivated.
Excuse me, would you help me understand how this is related to my thread?

Wrenn

Excuse me, would you help me understand how this is related to my thread?
Sorry maybe there are a “lack of customers ordering”,for the above reasons i am reluctant to use eats of late,my food sitting on a seat or car floor and not in a bag ?,just some feedback and reasons for my personal decision ?
You probably need to work for a few weeks to be able to judge or blame the Algorithm,however as a driver I continually learn something new every day,and there is much more to learn other than complaining about limited pings or eats delivery pings not being frequent enough.?

Last edited:

Golfer

I still cannot ignore the fact that my circumstances haven't changed since yesterday.
Umm @josephnet , I don't do eats , usualy by now eats drivers have replied .
You say " your circumstances haven't changed " mate it's not really about you , if you get what I mean , it's the public's circumstances, maybe many people just decided to eat in that night, who really knows.( And you got lucky )
If Thurs. Is quite well perhaps people are thinking of the W/E moneywise .
Perhaps you should hang around the places that were busy .
Perhaps ask when picking up food ask the resteraunter when are their busy night's/ days etc .
Gradually you will get " a lay of the land " so to speak .
But I can tell you this for certain after my 3.5 years of uber x
There are no rivers of gold in either eats or X
Sometimes it's busy say on Thurs. But can be dead as next Thurs .
Ahhh the vagaries of the Sharing Economy ,
It's what the public want not what you / we want , and when it suits them , not us .

With experience , not 1 day , maybe just maybe you will work it out , if it's for you or not .
I have never ever ,ever known a small business to judge the future on " one days trading "
Any how hope it works for you . :smiles:
An eats person shoud reply soon

josephnet

You say " your circumstances haven't changed " mate it's not really about you , if you get what I mean , it's the public's circumstances, maybe many people just decided to eat in that night, who really knows.( And you got lucky )
Perhaps ask when picking up food ask the resteraunter when are their busy night's/ days etc .
It's what the public want not what you / we want , and when it suits them , not us .

With experience , not 1 day , maybe just maybe you will work it out , if it's for you or not .
I have never ever ,ever known a small business to judge the future on " one days trading "
? Thanks mate. I'm guessing you may be right in saying I shouldn't be judging the whole thing on one day or two. Let's see what happens...

Golfer

? Thanks mate. I'm guessing you may be right in saying I shouldn't be judging the whole thing on one day or two. Let's see what happens...
The way to go :smiles:
Warning :eek: I have been wrong before

Umm just thought ther was an article in the Courier Mail , I think Wed about uber eats , it wasnt nice , uber are fighting the claims by resturants, maybe that turned a few off , and sought of coincides with your time zone who knows .
It wasn't a nice piece

Last edited:

Golfer

I'd explain a bit more ?
I should add as I don't know what uber have told you
You do not have to register for GST or do quarterly BAS , ( business Activity Statements ) only if you drive X .
You only have to report to the ATO your End Of Year Financial Year Earnings .
Welcome to the Forum ,
Often Eats people will mention problems on the forum so keep watching :smiles:

josephnet

I should add as I don't know what uber have told you
You do not have to register for GST or do quarterly BAS , ( business Activity Statements ) only if you drive X .
You only have to report to the ATO your End Of Year Financial Year Earnings .
Welcome to the Forum ,
Often Eats people will mention problems on the forum so keep watching :smiles:
Oh, I didn't know. Thanks mate ?

Hugh G

Hugh G

Thanks mate. I'm guessing you may be right in saying I shouldn't be judging the whole thing on one day or two. Let's see what happens..

I take the view that income from UBER should be based on AVERAGE.

There are good days, and bad days

Some on the Forum ecstatically show a screenshot of the good days, but are reluctant to even admit the existence of bad days

Vespa

The app is screwy, It punishs you if ypu dont accept an order or cancel an order by putting you at the back of the que evey time you do so.

They got drivers by the balls by doing this, You dont wanna take that 6KM 13 Minute away ping? Then you might be waiting up to 2 hours for your next ping, Or they might even give you a full day with no pings so you can thing about what you have done...

josephnet

The app is screwy, It punishs you if ypu dont accept an order or cancel an order by putting you at the back of the que evey time you do so.

They got drivers by the balls by doing this, You dont wanna take that 6KM 13 Minute away ping? Then you might be waiting up to 2 hours for your next ping, Or they might even give you a full day with no pings so you can thing about what you have done...
I'm pretty sure I didn't reject any order
Post automatically merged:

I see where @Hugh G has added a site / link , he is well respected,
As is @Jack Malarkey , from ACT
you can trust them over all others giving advice including myself , on the forums , as you [USER=181538]@josephnet
are a new member , this is my best advice ,check it out .
Thanks mate. Makes sense

Vespa

I'm pretty sure I didn't reject any order
Post automatically merged:

Thanks mate. Makes sense
Even then,The
Uber algarythm just randomly puts you in the bad books for no reason, Its tempramental for example, i was waiting in a 1.2 surge zone and the ping inaccepted took me out to bassendean, So after i finished the order logged off then went back to the city to log on in the surge zone.

No pings , i waited an hour then want home...

Last edited:

josephnet

Even then,The
Uber algarythm just randomly puts you in the bad books for no reason, Its tempramental for example, i was waiting in a 1.2 surge zone and the ping inaccepted took me out to bassendean, So after i finished the order logged of then went back to the city to log on in the surge zone.

No pings , i waited an hour then want home...
This is getting interesting