• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Ubereats adopts DD pay structure without the hijenks.

YourFoodIsGettingCold

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’ve had this in my market for a while. It’s nice and easy to know which deliveries to decline. 😆
I get the feeling their will be more unofficial "repercussions" for lower acceptance rates and cancellations. Anyways who cares, we got upfront trip info lol!

In Orlando, I only received this detail when Uber really wanted someone to complete the delivery. Usually later at night accompanied with a min guarantee.
Post automatically merged:

Uh huh. Just need to add how long a wait before the order is ready then a reasonably informed decision can be made.
If their system is changing in regards to food prep than that would suck, because that is one thing that makes Uber better in regards to wait times for drivers.

Got that email overnight too, rolling out on Monday here in Phx. I was planning to go hard the next 3 weeks to save up some Black Friday cash (lol) so hoping it doesn't lower the pay too badly - because did you catch the "lower base fares" they buried in the email??? And of course, many customers STILL don't tip because they assume it's covered in the delivery fee. I always send a polite text to them after delivery/before swiping Delivered informing them it's not, and tips are appreciated. But YES knowing where the order is going upfront will be great!!

Drivers in areas this was already implemented in, how much of a reduction in pay did you see?

Carblar

Not here in Atlanta yet.
I will definitely be rejecting a lot more because I know all the restaurants with long waits.

Got that email overnight too, rolling out on Monday here in Phx. I was planning to go hard the next 3 weeks to save up some Black Friday cash (lol) so hoping it doesn't lower the pay too badly - because did you catch the "lower base fares" they buried in the email??? And of course, many customers STILL don't tip because they assume it's covered in the delivery fee. I always send a polite text to them after delivery/before swiping Delivered informing them it's not, and tips are appreciated. But YES knowing where the order is going upfront will be great!!

Drivers in areas this was already implemented in, how much of a reduction in pay did you see?
Figures they throw a bone out to reduce the shock of once again lower pay.

kingcorey321

looks like a good platform . does it s till pay for time and distance ?
and for the person that said long wait for food. i always ask them a estimated time for the food and ill click i picked up the food 5 minutes before its ready so ill start getting paid .

Just a vague statement, but if you click on the "Learn More " it takes you to a FAQ page. They'll offer "fare supplements" on "some orders" and the "lowered base pay" is to "make room for the fare supplements."

basically sounds like they want customers to make up the pay loss with tips. After they trained UE customers in the whole "tipping is not necessary nor expected" bullsh*t.

Screenshot_20190911-080359_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190911-080521_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190911-080626_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190911-080713_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Launchpad McQuack

Uber said:
Rather than publishing base fare rates to explain earnings, we will be showing an upfront guaranteed minimum amount that is inclusive of your total trip earnings before you accept it.
So what they are basically saying is...
Uber Translator said:
We are no longer going to tell you how we calculate your delivery payout. Instead, we are going to give you the result of the payout calculation up front and leave it up to you to determine whether or not a delivery is worth that amount.
I'm okay with that. Depending on how they calculate the delivery payout it may result in me never accepting another Uber Eats ping, but at least I'll have adequate information to make that decision intelligently.

YourFoodIsGettingCold

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

If they are smart, they will encourage their customers to start tipping more and more frequently, because I think I speak for a lot of drivers when I say I will decline their BS offers, just like I do with all the other apps.

I'm happy they are giving us enough info to make an educated decision prior to pickup but there will be no more "Surprise, 8mi deliveries to no man's land" without proper compensation. The orders will sit and collect dust.

I haven't gotten any notification.
[/QUOTE

This is where it's being rolled out to for now...
Screenshot_20190911-085956_Chrome.jpg

I am taking the rest of the week off for my 40th birthday tomorrow, and will work again on Monday when this new system rolls out (great birthday present, ugh)

I have already changed the text I send the customer before swiping Delivered to read:

Thank you for using Ubereats! Tips/gratuity are not included in the service fee and are greatly appreciated by your driver. Please contact the restaurant for any issues with the food or missing items. Thanks again, enjoy your meal and have a great day! 😊

Rickos69

I am taking the rest of the week off for my 40th birthday tomorrow, and will work again on Monday when this new system rolls out (great birthday present, ugh)

I have already changed the text I send the customer before swiping Delivered to read:

Thank you for using Ubereats! Tips/gratuity are not included in the service fee and are greatly appreciated by your driver. Please contact the restaurant for any issues with the food or missing items. Thanks again, enjoy your meal and have a great day! 😊
Thank you for the city info.
And BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!