UberEats about to get even more crowded.

QLDUberDriver

Uber is in the next stage of making it even less money to earn on UberEats with its new in app promotion up here in Brisbane. Maybe they should

I wonder if they will tell drivers they get paid even less than normal when they accept multiple deliveries from one restaurant. Not to mention they will be waiting outside while they watch other drivers get pings as they walk in to collect the first order. Or spend time waiting at these Mcdonalds for the food to be even prepared.

Iv'e done my tests and at some point will do a comprehensive explanation about how they are taking more from drivers with these little tricks.

Mcdonalds.png

bullti

Yeah they only get paid for 1 pickup even if they pick 2 up.
Kinda like when uber driver pick up 2 passengers at separate locations, you only get paid for 1.

On a side note... had a foreign Deloverpoo driver back into my parked car 2 nights ago, somehow managed to hit me even though my lights were on, the in car lights were on, and I was parked, in a car park on the side of the street.

Good times.

Also, got out and looked at the damage - saw his car. Missing petrol cap, covered in dings, missing rims on some of the wheels. The guy was going to drive off too until I got out of the car and started writing his number plate down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thing

Yeah they only get paid for 1 pickup even if they pick 2 up.
Kinda like when uber driver pick up 2 passengers at separate locations, you only get paid for 1.

On a side note... had a foreign Deloverpoo driver back into my parked car 2 nights ago, somehow managed to hit me even though my lights were on, the in car lights were on, and I was parked, in a car park on the side of the street.

Good times.

Also, got out and looked at the damage - saw his car. Missing petrol cap, covered in dings, missing rims on some of the wheels. The c**t was going to drive off too until I got out of the car and started writing his number plate down.
you should make a complaint to Uber about his driving, get the prick deactivated. Dog act to drive into someones car and then drive off (or attempt to) ...

bullti

you should make a complaint to Uber about his driving, get the prick deactivated. Dog act to drive into someones car and then drive off (or attempt to) ...
Was a deliverpoo guy, but yeah I should have.
There wasnt really any damage tho - or I would have. It knocked part of the panel out of wack a bit but I just knocked it and put it back in place.

bullti

I've had a few of those double pick ups, it pays you to the furthest location...
Yeah but it doesnt pay you for doing two pickups. It pays you for the distance travelled not the time it takes to find the first place, park, deliver the food, get back in ur car etc.

When the double pickups at the same joint came through I started ignoring them. @@@ Goober, another driver can collect a pick up payment instead of me not getting one and delivering to two customers. Trips went from 11 bucks to 14 bucks because generally drop offs would only be a couple of km from each other, so I wasnt missing out on much.

Each customer certainly had to pay the fee - they didnt subsidise it because its coming from the same driver, so why should the driver miss out on the fee?? Uber gets it x2 but the driver only gets it x1.

Shady as fk

Thing

Yeah but it doesnt pay you for doing two pickups. It pays you for the distance travelled not the time it takes to find the first place, park, deliver the food, get back in ur car etc.

When the double pickups at the same joint came through I started ignoring them. @@@ Goober, another driver can collect a pick up payment instead of me not getting one and delivering to two customers. Trips went from 11 bucks to 14 bucks because generally drop offs would only be a couple of km from each other, so I wasnt missing out on much.

Each customer certainly had to pay the fee - they didnt subsidise it because its coming from the same driver, so why should the driver miss out on the fee?? Uber gets it x2 but the driver only gets it x1.

Shady as fk
Its the equivalent of Uberpool except it is for Ubereats, & yes Shady as F***

Golfer

Uber is in the next stage of making it even less money to earn on UberEats with its new in app promotion up here in Brisbane. Maybe they should

I wonder if they will tell drivers they get paid even less than normal when they accept multiple deliveries from one restaurant. Not to mention they will be waiting outside while they watch other drivers get pings as they walk in to collect the first order. Or spend time waiting at these Mcdonalds for the food to be even prepared.

Iv'e done my tests and at some point will do a comprehensive explanation about how they are taking more from drivers with these little tricks.

View attachment 158464

Think there's a chance of a free burger .
Or maybe swap some badges for something more tangible and tasty.
Can anybody loan me some badges ,I, don,t have any , ( still hanging out for a gold watch)
Promise I,ll pay back if I ever get any badges, promise I will ,trust me , "honest as the day is long"

Golfer

View attachment 158464

QLDdriver can you remember when they lowered the rates , I vaguely remember , uber assured us they had trialed it in Perth , and it increased rider numbers,
And at that time I thought, oh ok they know what works best, uber hadn,t even started in Perth, when they guaranteed this New found prosperity, know doubt it was Perth somewhere in the World , but on reflection it wasn,t Perth WA.
But we as newbies to the whole experience of rideshare didn,t know that ,as we didn,t have a crystal ball insight into their operations .
Sounds like ,looks like, the same con
They make more ,eats people will actually make less
What thinks you????

QLDUberDriver

For some reason I thought they dropped the rates just before becoming legal but according to this news article it was early 2016:

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...the-ante-and-drops-fares-20160218-gmxqw8.html

I had already researched in the early days alot of driver videos and concerns in the U.S. when they dropped rates so it was almost like a crystal ball. Rate drops, then all the crappy customers issues etc. It certainly cut into making a good night time earnings. I remember taking a job from sth side to the valley, turn off the app drive back to Logan and do the same each time around $50 each fare. Now it costs the pax $34-$45 for trip before driver cut.

Im going to make a guess that with this latest push to get drivers to do UberEats also, they are conditioning drivers with lower pays again until they bring in UberPool. Then that will be the new "you can make more per trip being busier" BS.

All downhill from here on and I'm working hard to get out of this mess. Its a shame because I love to drive and the job used to be enjoyable even with the odd negative experience.

Shady as fk

I've ignored some doubles but have done some to avoid being placed in the Uber algorithm BS long distance matching.

I did a double recently and saw the receipts on the bags. One was about $35 and the other about $45. I took note of the time from pick and take off and end of both deliveries. There is a very good reason they show 0sec for duration of double deliveries. It took me 40 mins to finish both orders, for a measly $14.95. No new jobs with the last 20 mins for that hour, so I made $14.95 before tax and expenses etc for 1 hour.

Another great test was I got a ping from a place 10 mins away. Strange because it was in New Farm/Valley areas so should have been plenty of delivery people around. I ignored the 2nd ping for double and turned up to pick up my one delivery. Outside I see a scooter waiting for a job. Front desk has heaps of bags ready for delivery waiting to go out. I finish my delivery and go back to that restaurant to see if I can nab another one if their busy. I'm waiting outside for about 20/25 mins, a scooter arrives and parks. He crosses the road and gets another ping on his phone. I'm sitting there thinking "what a bunch of c%#*$'s Uber are". So when they announced the "simplifying of double delivery calculations", they certainly simplified things for the drivers, and finding another way to scalp $$.

So after a few tests I'm also going to let these doubles go to someone else more often. Problem is most of these scooter workers prob are constantly working to read about any of this to know any better. So the cycle continues.

QLDUberDriver

:eek:
Unreal, scumbags they are.... I wonder if they charge the restaurant & monthly fee as well to be on Ubereats ??
Just to maximise their cash gouging enterprise :confused:

From the start of UberEats I was talking with one owner and he told me they charge a $500 for the use of the Ipad machine and take 30% cut. So of course you have to take more from somewhere else with these double orders.

:eek:
Unreal, scumbags they are.... I wonder if they charge the restaurant & monthly fee as well to be on Ubereats ??
Just to maximise their cash gouging enterprise :confused:

Nearly all double orders i dont accept Ill get atleast $7 - $10 for the first delivery and I'm off to accept another one sooner. First of the doubles are usually the closest one so your off again to accept a new one or 2 in that hour. Still not high earnings but alot better than those doubles.

Golfer

From the start of UberEats I was talking with one owner and he told me they charge a $500 for the use of the Ipad machine and take 30% cut. So of course you have to take more from somewhere else with these double orders.

Nearly all double orders i dont accept Ill get atleast $7 - $10 for the first delivery and I'm off to accept another one sooner. First of the doubles are usually the closest one so your off again to accept a new one or 2 in that hour. Still not high earnings but alot better than those doubles.

Thanks, yeh it seems an "age" ago, I could distinctly remember Perth , being mentioned ,
Didn,t realise they must have started about the same time as Bris.
But stills smacks as the same type of con

Golfer

Keep that one quiet Beepbeep41 or that feature will be removed.

Yeh should be kept quiet ssshhhh
Brother Beep is actually creating more work for eats drivers , I like his" cunning slide of hand with nimble fingers"
Love it ,
But bloody uber spys, as you say may take a dim view,
Let's see what happens, on how closely they monitor this forum,
I don,t do Eats but it sure smacks of the same con job they pulled on us, with the lower fares more pax .
As they say
Something gets in your way , the trick is to find a way around it
Beep to his credit may have ,for now at least ,done that.
Beep to you I say enjoy the battle with these greedy buggers.
Nice one !!
I like the way your playing them at their own game , I sincerely hope you guys come out winners ,and i hope you spys are scratching your heads

Last edited by a moderator:

Beepbeep41

Yeh always 2 ways of looking at things,
Brother Beep is actually creating more work for eats drivers , I like his" cunning slide of hand with nimble fingers"
Love it ,
But bloody uber spys, as you say may take a dim view,
Let's see what happens, on how closely they monitor this forum,
I don,t do Eats but it sure smacks of the same con job they pulled on us, with the lower fares more pax .
As they say
Something gets in your way , the trick is to find a way around it
Beep to his credit may have ,for now at least ,done that.
Beep to you I say enjoy the battle with these greedy buggers.
Nice one !!
I like the way your playing them at their own game , I sincerely hope you guys come out winners ,and i hope you spys are scratching your heads

It wouldn't be a problem if the 2nd order was is ready and waiting but often it's not...