UberEat

Sam023

Hi

I live in downtown. Currently, I do Uberx and UberEat on my spare times. Thinking about doing UberEat using my bicycle as well. Does anyone know, whether, if it is possible to do both.

Enjoy riding bicycle and it is great for health. I can ride my bike for few hours at medium pace with ease.

My only concern is that I have a $800 bicycle and bit worried about someone stealing it.

Thanks.

Santa

You wouldn't know till you try it. You can buy a cheap bike off the net or a second hand store.

Is Uber Eats any good money wise?

Sam023

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You wouldn't know till you try it. You can buy a cheap bike off the net or a second hand store.

Is Uber Eats any good money wise?
Its great in many ways. you make can make $15/hr or more, one guy told me he has been making $20 or more, then went on telling me how fast and sporty he is. No parking tickets or gas. Great workout, specially if you are going up-hill.

Only downsides are its can be quite dangours at times with cra zy drivers and theft.
I have been looking for a used bike something below $100.

Reversoul

U get what you pay for. I have a trek bike which is an entry level hybrid. It cost $500 which is considered a good beginner's bike for hobbyist.
The tires are thin like a street bike, but the handle bars are like a mountain bike.

Pedaling is effortless like most good bikes are. If you do decide to go cheap, make sure you get a street of hybrid. Mountain bikes aren't meant for distance. I learned that the hard way. They are much harder to pedal, but they are built to withstand rough terrain.

U can look on Craigslist and probably find a good bike for cheaper than retail. I bought mine new.

Hope this helps.

Sam023

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
U get what you pay for. I have a trek bike which is an entry level hybrid. It cost $500 which is considered a good beginner's bike for hobbyist.
The tires are thin like a street bike, but the handle bars are like a mountain bike.

Pedaling is effortless like most good bikes are. If you do decide to go cheap, make sure you get a street of hybrid. Mountain bikes aren't meant for distance. I learned that the hard way. They are much harder to pedal, but they are built to withstand rough terrain.

U can look on Craigslist and probably find a good bike for cheaper than retail. I bought mine new.

Hope this helps.
That is true, i am looking for an hybrid.

The problem is when you are wearing a Uber backpack, people knows that you going to lock you bike somewhere before you delivery the food. In downtown 95% of the order is from condos. It takes like 5second to cut the lock.

Reversoul

I guess it depends on the area. I can't imagine someone standing around waiting to cut a lock off a bike. It takes like 2-5 minutes to give the customer their order. I guess there's always a risk.

But think about the money you'll save. No fuel expense means 100% profit.