Uber.David

I stumbled by UberCommute on a social media site. I'm an Uber driver (3 months) and would like to know what the advantage is for driving UberCommute versus the standard Uber Partner...? Is it designed for the individual that would not want to commit to be an official Uber driver, but might want to earn $$ to/from their daily commute? Interestingly, UberCommute only works during the week (certain timeframe of the day). I also noticed that it does not require proof of insurance, plate registration, nor vehicle inspection. If you're not familiar with UberCommute, here's a link: DriveUberCommute - dot- you know what. :smiles:

GlenviewKid

UberCommute is targetted at people driving to and from work (hence the name) looking for a monetary offset for picking up someone and giving them a ride. I love it - each day to and from work I'll make like $10 bucks ish sometimes lower or higher based on where the person is going.

Uber.David

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
UberCommute is targetted at people driving to and from work (hence the name) looking for a monetary offset for picking up someone and giving them a ride. I love it - each day to and from work I'll make like $10 bucks ish sometimes lower or higher based on where the person is going.
OK... then I heard that you can collect $10/way even if you don't pick anyone up? (just as long as you have the app running..?) Do you know anything about that? Thanks!

GlenviewKid

It was that way for a while but it changed a few weeks ago. Was basically free money for doing nothing, seems that they found the hole and plugged it. Still good now though and that's why I use it.

Uber.David

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool. Thanks for the responses. Another thing... do you know why UberCommute does not require the same info (insurance, vehicle inspection, etc.) like regular driving requires?

pizza guy

The free $10 is still there for some people. I logged on twice last week and they gave me $10 each time.
I really like it and have only been matched twice since April. It's kind of like the destination filter with a guaranteed $10 and a lower match rate.
The requirements are lower because it is a true carpool service and you are only reimbursed IRS amount. I guess it is technically not for hire driving. Riders are alerted and agree to the lower requirements.

lundbroc

It was that way for a while but it changed a few weeks ago. Was basically free money for doing nothing, seems that they found the hole and plugged it. Still good now though and that's why I use it.
You still get 10 dollars each way they are just not announcing it

Casava

10 is the min for now if the ride is more you get more. Im still getting 20 a day without any matched rides. I dont log in everyday. Last week 50 previous was 90. I drive from chicago to Naperville

GlenviewKid

You still get 10 dollars each way they are just not announcing it
So that is not true - it depends on the driver and offer..

This is mine:

Your uberCOMMUTE guarantee

Hi GlenviewKid,

You have an uberCOMMUTE incentive this week.

• For every commute where you match and complete a trip with a fellow commuter, you'll receive a guaranteed $10 minimum reimbursement
  • Complete 2 uberCOMMUTE trips this week, and receive an additional $20 bonus
  • Complete 4 uberCOMMUTE trips this week, and receive an additional $30 bonus

We appreciate your continued partnership and look forward to working together to continue improving Chicago’s commuting experience.

-Your Chicago uberCOMMUTE team

*Guarantee program effective Monday, August 29, 2016. Commute must be at least 10 miles and start within the guarantee hours (M-F, 5a to 10a, 4p to 8p). There are no guarantees to recover the costs of COMMUTE trips outside of the guarantee hours. You must be online on the Uber app and available to accept and complete all trip requests. If you meet the qualifications, you will be reimbursed on your next reimbursement statement.