UberComfort may be the demise of UberSelect

SelectOnly

UberComfort is being rolled out in several areas. There is no list of approved vehicles for Comfort at this time. It also appears that all Select vehicles are not eligible for Comfort rides.
Those who drive Select primarily count on business travelers who utilize business accounts and prefer to use UberSelect over uberX. Corporations allow this mainly because the standards of uberX can be substandard at times. With the addition of UberComfort, businesses would be foolhardy to authorize Select rides when UberComfort is available. Select rides are already few and far between making it virtually impossible to eke out a living. It is primarily for those that can occupy their downtime. Many drivers actually wait at home and are available should a select ride be requested.
Once UberComfort is fully implemented, select drivers may benefit if they can elect to receive both UberSelect and UberComfort rides. Hopefully Uber will recognize this and implement accordingly and not force drivers to accept UberX as well. Ideally, drivers will be able to select individually which services they would like to provide. Although it is clear that it is not cost effective to drive an UberSelect vehicle as uberX, there are times where a driver may want to offer uberX services.

TheDevilisaParttimer

UberComfort is being rolled out in several areas. There is no list of approved vehicles for Comfort at this time. It also appears that all Select vehicles are not eligible for Comfort rides.
Those who drive Select primarily count on business travelers who utilize business accounts and prefer to use UberSelect over uberX. Corporations allow this mainly because the standards of uberX can be substandard at times. With the addition of UberComfort, businesses would be foolhardy to authorize Select rides when UberComfort is available. Select rides are already few and far between making it virtually impossible to eke out a living. It is primarily for those that can occupy their downtime. Many drivers actually wait at home and are available should a select ride be requested.
Once UberComfort is fully implemented, select drivers may benefit if they can elect to receive both UberSelect and UberComfort rides. Hopefully Uber will recognize this and implement accordingly and not force drivers to accept UberX as well. Ideally, drivers will be able to select individually which services they would like to provide. Although it is clear that it is not cost effective to drive an UberSelect vehicle as uberX, there are times where a driver may want to offer uberX services.
I’m not sure a vehicle on UberSelect will necessarily qualify for UberComfort.

Welcome to the forum!

DexNex

Select is more than just the vehicle. It is also a highly rated driver that has completed a set number of trips.

SelectOnly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Select is more than just the vehicle. It is also a highly rated driver that has completed a set number of trips.
As my screen name indicates, I only do Select. My concern is the likelihood of a CFO looking at the numbers and requiring their employees to use Comfort in lieu of Select. For many reasons, some people refuse to use UberX, this has been a benefit to UberSelect drivers. UberComfort is likely to impact the bottom line for Select drivers, substantially, if Select drivers can't accept Comfort rides at the same time.

DexNex

As my screen name indicates, I only do Select. My concern is the likelihood of a CFO looking at the numbers and requiring their employees to use Comfort in lieu of Select. For many reasons, some people refuse to use UberX, this has been a benefit to UberSelect drivers. UberComfort is likely to impact the bottom line for Select drivers, substantially, if Select drivers can't accept Comfort rides at the same time.
And thus is the flaw of only operating on one tier.

Again, they use Select for more than just the car. They use Select to access a higher-tier driver as well.