UberBUS(ted)

mbd

pax from AZ, drove for Uber few years back, nights, Asian ( orient), had a perfect uber rating, and used to email back and forth from uber corporate...he worked for Airlines and now he works for Airports after his retirement ...his quote"idea about pools and buses Was his idea years back. "

RUSSREED2.0

It’ll be interesting to see how long before this breaks down:

This is the end of it all. If this hits LA, this is done. Did anyone catch the rate 25 cents/ ride!

Uber thinks that POOL is 10x higher. That’s scary!

AngelAdams

Lol, I like this idea. I hate city busses and can’t wait to see those things with billboards lol.
On a side note imagine the smell Around 6 pm. The drivers should be paid hazard pay.
Post automatically merged:

Also they should have higher classifications for these drivers. Because if they open it to everyone well “Korea town” traffic happens.

Fastandfurious

This is stupid. Next thing you know we will have Uber City Buses and Uber Trains. This is basically no different than the Metro buses. I use to take Uber and Metro before I got my car and I remember quite a few times the Uber pool took longer than the bus ride would of been, because it goes so far out of the way for each passenger.

mature423

I got a job email from Uber Jump (electric bicycles). That seems interesting. Uber buses do make sense. Have you guys seen the buses on Wilshire going west in the morning? Packed sardine can. It's disgusting and sometimes they have another bus like 5mins right behind it almost empty because people are too impatient and want to get to work on time. That's partially government inefficiency. A non-government company would make it more efficient as well as allow riders to know that there is another bus coming right behind it. Takes a ton of guess work if you are a bus rider not knowing if the bus is on schedule or not. If someone is in a wheelchair, they could request one with a motorized ramp/lift. It's not a bad idea but would it be profitable is the real question when the alternative is government funded buses.

Woohaa

Uber tried it in the USA and shuttered it after a few months. That program will work in Egypt or Mexico but not in the states.

Carbuncle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got a job email from Uber Jump (electric bicycles). That seems interesting. Uber buses do make sense. Have you guys seen the buses on Wilshire going west in the morning? Packed sardine can. It's disgusting and sometimes they have another bus like 5mins right behind it almost empty because people are too impatient and want to get to work on time. That's partially government inefficiency. A non-government company would make it more efficient as well as allow riders to know that there is another bus coming right behind it. Takes a ton of guess work if you are a bus rider not knowing if the bus is on schedule or not. If someone is in a wheelchair, they could request one with a motorized ramp/lift. It's not a bad idea but would it be profitable is the real question when the alternative is government funded buses.
Perhaps you haven’t noticed that Uber and Lyft HEAVILY subsidize their platforms with billions in VC and shareholder funds and especially off the backs of drivers.

Your critical thinking skills are a clown show.

mature423

Perhaps you haven’t noticed that Uber and Lyft HEAVILY subsidize their platforms with billions in VC and shareholder funds and especially off the backs of drivers.

Your critical thinking skills are a clown show.
Wow comparing venture capital to government funded buses. You're not worth replying to anymore.

uberer2016

Express pool is really popular here in LA. UberBus is just like express pool except it can take on more pax at a time. Then they solve the "last mile" problem by having pax take a scooter to their destination. Sounds like a great idea. I'm really worried because this is already happening unlike driverless cars which are still years away. I'm worried but at the same time I'm prepared to move on from Uber. Has been for quite some time now. Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens.

Carbuncle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow comparing venture capital to government funded buses. You're not worth replying to anymore.
Subsidizing is subsidizing regardless of who’s doing it. The problem is that shareholders won’t put up with it in perpetuity. The reason it’s necessary for government to do it is to ensure low wage workers and commuters can get to the jobs that prop up the economy.

You really don’t look very deeply into any of this at all.

Transportation is not a high margin industry but it’s essential to the functioning of the economy and nation.

Uber and Lyft have proven the need for it and have simultaneously proven it's not the best industry for private “disruption.”
Post automatically merged:

Express pool is really popular here in LA. UberBus is just like express pool except it can take on more pax at a time. Then they solve the "last mile" problem by having pax take a scooter to their destination. Sounds like a great idea. I'm really worried because this is already happening unlike driverless cars which are still years away. I'm worried but at the same time I'm prepared to move on from Uber. Has been for quite some time now. Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens.
I NEVER accept POOL. The option pays garbage and literally instructs riders to break a critical traffic safety law.

Nowhere in the state is it legal to stop on corners. The fine can be as high as $500, more if it causes an accident.