• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UberBlack or UberSelect at at DIA

DeniseB

Did you notice? So now you have to make a choice. If you are going to be Uber Select, you cannot be parked in the Uber black lot.

No Select cars in the Black lot on the Pax app.

Last edited:

arrrghhh

I assume the Uber Black drivers would sign into both Select & Black?

If they have a transponder, I would think they can get into that lot - regardless of whether they are currently running Select or Black (or both).

DeniseB

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, but look on the pax app. No UberSelect in the Black lot. So you won't get a Select ride unles you are in the X/Select lot.

Hmmm

arrrghhh

Yes, but look on the pax app. No UberSelect in the Black lot. So you won't get a Select ride unles you are in the X/Select lot.

Hmmm
I wouldn't trust that to be accurate.

They are perhaps lying to pax, in the hopes they will order Black over Select. They tell little lies to drivers all the time via the app, might as well do it to pax also.

I suppose someone who drives on both platforms will have to chime in - I don't do Uber Black so I don't have a transponder.

SoobieDriver

Did you notice? So now you have to make a choice. If you are going to be Uber Select, you cannot be parked in the Uber black lot.

No Select cars in the Black lot on the Pax app.
I've never waited in the lots for a ride out of dia cause I heard for the most part it's a waste of time. What is your average time waiting for a request?

Jimmy Bernat

I wouldn't trust that to be accurate.

They are perhaps lying to pax, in the hopes they will order Black over Select. They tell little lies to drivers all the time via the app, might as well do it to pax also.

I suppose someone who drives on both platforms will have to chime in - I don't do Uber Black so I don't have a transponder.
I've gotten select rides outta DIA where the PAX said the Uber app said it was going to be 40minutes for an X ride , we all know that's not accurate

The Ombudsman

I thought Select was always in the pigpen? No commercial license/insurance, like the rest of us...

I wonder if folks were able to run both Select and Black before, seeing how the lots were only separated by a fence... perhaps the geofence around the lot wasn't just around the FIFO lot but also covered the commercial holding lot, it was just only Black/SUV drivers could get into that lot.

ftnguyen

With FIFO 1.0 you could see select cars in the black lot on the rider app, maybe with the new FIFO 2.0 they changed that, that would also explain the other thread where the select only queue was working without outrageous wait times (other thread said they got a ride in a little over an hour), maybe this was ubers fix for the loophole.

all speculation

NinjaBlack

The commercial lot was Black and Select, but to be in the lot you need livery plates. I think the question now is - Does Select still work for those dual Black/Select profiles in the commercial lot OR can you only get a Select ride now in the new pigpen?

With FIFO 1.0 you could see select cars in the black lot on the rider app, maybe with the new FIFO 2.0 they changed that, that would also explain the other thread where the select only queue was working without outrageous wait times (other thread said they got a ride in a little over an hour), maybe this was ubers fix for the loophole.

all speculation
so you are saying making the Black/Select profiles pick one or the other has some affect on their ability to queue jump - hmmm interesting

Jimmy Bernat

The commercial lot was Black and Select, but to be in the lot you need livery plates. I think the question now is - Does Select still work for those dual Black/Select profiles in the commercial lot OR can you only get a Select ride now in the new pigpen?

so you are saying making the Black/Select profiles pick one or the other has some affect on their ability to queue jump - hmmm interesting
Most Uber Black drivers are gamming the system , they also get two profiles one for Uber Black and One for Select .

Maybe next time I go to the airport I'll give Select Only a go again , with Lyft as a back up of course

DeniseB

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought Select was always in the pigpen? No commercial license/insurance, like the rest of us...

I wonder if folks were able to run both Select and Black before, seeing how the lots were only separated by a fence... perhaps the geofence around the lot wasn't just around the FIFO lot but also covered the commercial holding lot, it was just only Black/SUV drivers could get into that lot.
Previously you could see X in the pigpen, black in the commercial lot and Select in both. Now it is either or. Pax app always shows the first 8. You can see 8 Select in the new lot and zero in the commercial lot

Daisey77

My guess is it's Ubers "attempt" to stop the scamming. However, clearly they were gaming the GPS anyways. so im not sure if it will be effective. Perhaps though, can they put themselves in 2 Spots at once? It is interesting to say the least