• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UberBlack commissions changed to 25/28%

chi1cabby

So, I just looked at my partner pay statement for this week (not terribly encouraging), but it seems that they've increased the rake on Uber Black to 25% from 20%...

Motherf*ckers...
And no freaking prior notice on this?? Are you sure bout the percentages...check your statements from last week too.:mad:

LAuberX

No wonder they raised rates, to cover the vig hike!

Remember, the 17 Billion valuation is based on 30% vig....

AMBUDRIVER03

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I also crunched the numbers on the runs...

this is one example of a minimum fare, showing the resulting fares with fees etc...

12:35AMEVKVLDSPBlack Car15.00(3.75)11.25

fuber

So, I just looked at my partner pay statement for this week (not terribly encouraging), but it seems that they've increased the rake on Uber Black to 25% from 20%...

Motherf*ckers...
There was a notice when they hiked the uberBlack rates a few weeks ago
I was going through some uberBlack/suv rental ads on CR and none of those promised more than 1K in earning after rent and gas. Seems strange to me. I drive an uberX for the fraction of the rate and make more than that. What's the mistery here, where is the money?

Last edited:

Walkersm

I definitely saw a notice about it about a month or 2 ago. Cant remember where though or if it was an email or what. But it was included in the same email about the price increase to customers. I remember because it was such an example of talking out both sides of their mouths.

To UberX driver : Lower rates = More customers
To Black Drivers : Higher rates = More customers

Found it. This was for LA only I believe and started in July:
http://i.imgur.com/lEFndcF.png

So did your prices go up in OC as well?

Last edited:

fuber

Good link.
Exept jump from 20% to 25% commissions is not a 5% increase as they say, but 25% increase in commissions.
Here is the math: 20%*1.25=25%

#Ubertalk

caspiy257

I definitely saw a notice about it about a month or 2 ago. Cant remember where though or if it was an email or what. But it was included in the same email about the price increase to customers. I remember because it was such an example of talking out both sides of their mouths.

To UberX driver : Lower rates = More customers
To Black Drivers : Higher rates = More customers

Found it. This was for LA only I believe and started in July:
http://i.imgur.com/lEFndcF.png

So did your prices go up in OC as well?
God's math!!!

Raider

I have never used so much profanity before, but after driving for Uber and joining this site...i should have a swear jar, i'd make way more putting a dollar in there per swear word than drive for Uber...this is tyranny, these cock sucking mother @@@@ers.

AMBUDRIVER03

Definitely didn't send that email out to me in the OC.

Uber Black for the most part is price inelastic, many people would still pay for it if it was over $5/mile because these people value their freedom (from a DUI) more than the paltry price of a safe ride.

I have yet to have a black passenger complain about the price, even on a $200 fare.

Moofish

Why would they have a higher commission? Black license themselves and pay for their own insurance, don't they? Other than the phone(which we pay for anyway) what is Uber losing to UberBlack/SUV drivers?

The amount of commission they are taking for simply providing access to an app is ridiculous.

AMBUDRIVER03

Why would they have a higher commission? Black license themselves and pay for their own insurance, don't they? Other than the phone(which we pay for anyway) what is Uber losing to UberBlack/SUV drivers?

The amount of commission they are taking for simply providing access to an app is ridiculous.
I abso@@@@inglutely agree.

We carry our own insurance and permits so why so much for access to lead generation?

This is probably where Opoli and ToroRide come into play...

I'm trying to sign up with those services too to give them a whirl.

caspiy257

Let's do a basic calculation: as I remember the old price 3.35 / mile, the driver received a 3.35 × 0.8 = $ 2.68 / mile, Uber- $ 3.35 × 0.2 = $ 0.67 / mile. New price-$ 3.55 / mile, the driver $ 3.55 × 0.75 = $ 2.6625 / mile, Uber $ 3.55 × 0.25 = 0.8875. Subtotal: Driver - minus $ 0.0175 / mile, rider - minus $ 0.20 / mile, UBER- plus $ 0.2175-total of driver's and riders, s loss. PS. driver also runs the risk of lower-rated.

BOSsMAn

No reason, except that they think they can. I think a lot of Black drivers do Uber during their down times between rides. If there alternative is making $0/hour sitting around waiting for their next company ride, 75% of a Black fare is still worth it.

AMBUDRIVER03

Them taking 25 vs 20% is around $100-150 extra in commissions paid over what was expected for that pay period.

Samhain13

I have never used so much profanity before, but after driving for Uber and joining this site...i should have a swear jar, i'd make way more putting a dollar in there per swear word than drive for Uber...this is tyranny, these cock sucking mother @@@@ers.
It's not tyranny, calm down. Go work for a taxi company or create your own rideshare business. Some of you people act like they're forcing you to use their software by holding you at gunpoint.

cybertec69

Definitely didn't send that email out to me in the OC.

Uber Black for the most part is price inelastic, many people would still pay for it if it was over $5/mile because these people value their freedom (from a DUI) more than the paltry price of a safe ride.

I have yet to have a black passenger complain about the price, even on a $200 fare.
Because their company is paying for it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Oscar Levant Licensed 2
D San Diego 31
S New York City 22