Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber zone at Grand Final FAIL...heaps off Pissed off riders

2K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  whyuber 
#1 · (Edited)
Guys. I was at the game. Have waited in the Uber zone for the past 45 min. Just left to take the trains. ZERO cars arriving.....plenty of annoyed riders.

Uber is run by muppets. They spent a fortune settingup this cool lounge and totally forgot to speak to drivers.

Hopeless.

#3 ·
Guys. I was at the game. Have waited in the Uber zone for the past 45 min. Just left to take the trains. ZERO cars arriving.....plenty of annoyed riders.

Uber is run by muppets. They spent a fortune sEttington up thus cool lounge and totally forgot to speak to drivers.

Hopeless.
I somehow got a group photo of the Muppets that work at 580 George St...

Don't ask me how I got the pic as I have an insider... So stay tuned...

I'd love to meet the brain child behind the uber zone at ANZ... hilarious that it was an EPIC FAIL...!!!
Seriously, @1.3+ what on earth were they thinking...
Muppet millennials get a strike 1 as the uber drivers of Sydney give uber the big finger...

We are the face of uber as a faceless corporation shoves in our face a farcical 1.3+....

Attachments

#5 ·
Who cares? It was a massive fail by all accounts. I am glad drivers soaked up the 2.0+ Surges in nearby areas (Ashfield, Newtown) and the 2.5+ and SUSTAINED surges on those golden river$ of ca$h on the Northern Beaches.

I notice on the pass app that they did not charge a surge. So basically they falsely withheld the surge at the venue and gave the drivers 30% extra. With normal surging it would have reached easily up to x3 (at a guess). I am sorry that I underestimated some of my fellow ants, its pleasing to hear that most of my fellow Sydney ANTS did not fall for this attempt to further exploit the ANTS.

#6 ·
Epic fail I think, when the rest of sydney was surging in the east, North , shire and inner west...

Anyone who drives regularly, knows SOP is a car park at the end of major events...

Uber also capped the surge, it never surged at all...

Under normal circumstances, it would go to at least 1.8 -2.0x

Whoever from Uber came up with lame brain idea should be sacked .....

#7 · (Edited)
From FUber's point of view, it would have been an awesome idea. The person responsible would probably be getting promoted. Where they did get it massively wrong is underestimating the intelligence of Sydney Ants. Afterall, we have been burnt many times and something needs to be done to earn our confidence...... if they care at all.

This post has been deleted
#8 ·
View attachment 163506

Uber says go here
Instead i go there
Go anywhere but here

Its because we've all been stung before and know that ubers guidance is always terrible

Poor newbie drivers and riders alike...

My Northern Beaches trifecta:
View attachment 163507

I was on Bath's $90/hr for a while but thats near impossible to maintain over a shift.
Well done man! $74 an hour for almost 8 hours is insane. My best was $72 an hour for 7 hours.

#11 · (Edited)
They offered some drivers a guaranteed 1.3 surge, clearly enough drivers accepted the promo but many failed to actually turn up.

Lesson learned would be to offer all drivers this promo and to never again offer any promo's to drivers who accepted the 1.3 guaranteed surge but never turned up.

Like many others, I don't have any interest in battling the traffic to and from Olympic Park, only to drop off pax in North Strathfield where they managed to find the closest legal place to park their car.

Uber should offer a minimum fare guarantee rather than a minimum surge guarantee.

#12 ·
Clearly, once the Uberzone was established it was destined to fail as any experience driver would have boycotted the area due to the traffic. You be lucky to get 2 trips out of there...
The 1.3x surge was a carrot and the smart drivers didn't fall for it.

Uber also capped the surge instead of letting demand operate as normal..

Uber also under estimated that outside of SOP, there would be demand for cars at that time and we saw surges in the north,:east, inner west and shire.

SOP will always be a crap pickup area due to traffic congestion.

It would have to be at least 3x surge before i even consider going there for major events...

#14 ·
You have to be an absolute fool to fall for ANY bs uber zone events. You have to drive to OP, park, wait and then risk picking up some aholes who live 3kms away and it would take your 40 mins to get there. Glad no one fell for this joke 1.3 surge. Just as good as the stupid mentor program paying drivers fk all. Hope the moron at the office who came up with this idea is proud of himself.

#18 ·
You have to be an absolute fool to fall for ANY bs uber zone events. You have to drive to OP, park, wait and then risk picking up some aholes who live 3kms away and it would take your 40 mins to get there.
I don't mind the people who live 3km away, people live where they live. I do however have a strong dislike for the ones who park their cars a few km away and ruin an Uber drivers night to get cheap parking close to the stadium. If you want to park close to the stadium, walk!

#15 ·
Yeah of course it was a fail, who in their right mind would want to even bother, I remember the Adele concert, what a f'n nightmare the first pick up was and for a shit fare to Lidcombe, lucky my second fare out of there I was smart enough to tell the pax where to meet me and it was a 2.5x trip to Bondi. Have definitely learnt my lesson and won't be picking up from SOP again, had many pax cancel on me as well, some after 5 mins which was lucky for me. But really they need to do something about the traffic, they close so many roads and the app tries to send you that way.

#17 ·
There is a reason why the boost is set at 1.3 instead of say 1.5 or 1.8. It cost FUber next to nothing to offer a boost of 1.3. They simply forgo their commission.

Now I don't recall there ever being a boost offered in Sydney, so no idea if the Uber fee is taken pre or post boost. But basically for every $10 the rider pays, boost makes it $13. After a 25% fee, driver gets $9.75. So Uber is still up 25cents!

If the 25% fee is only applied on original fare of $10 then driver gets $10.50. But 50 cents is a drop in the sea of red hot surge happening elsewhere.

And as a 20% driver, I only got offered a 1.2 boost between 10pm and midnight. Bloody generous!

All of us here were equating boost with surge when in fact they are not the same thing.

The lesson here for future reference is this - when there is a Boost offered, it's not gonna surge (until proven otherwise).

#20 ·
The problem is exiting the precinct. ..

If you cop a short trip, it's wasted time getting there and exiting.

There are more profitable jobs elsewhere which is why drivers avoid SOP.

1.3x with a cap surge will not entice drivers to go there..

You need 3x to get me anywhere near there.

#21 ·
Why uber continue with there cheap option campaign is beyond me. Talk to most people they love uber for more reasons than heap fares. Any other business model would realise they have an advantsge and premium product and leverage price from there but not the smart people of uber. If they gave some ground to drivers. Ie actually picking closest driver and not annoying us with 10 min drives for minimum rides. Then most likely events like the gf would not occur. Cabs would of been charging approx 1.7 surge on sunday night. So a more appropriate surge would have been 1.5. Maybe they should introduce special event pricing. As usual always a mystery how the minds work at uber ho.

#23 ·
View attachment 163506

Uber says go here
Instead i go there
Go anywhere but here

Its because we've all been stung before and know that ubers guidance is always terrible

Poor newbie drivers and riders alike...

My Northern Beaches trifecta:
View attachment 163507

I was on Bath's $90/hr for a while but thats near impossible to maintain over a shift.
That's how it use to be a couple of years back EVERYDAY!!!! $90 per hour over a whole shift.....not anymore.
I didn't drive a cab for a year and a half....back to cabs now.

Good effort champ....but $90/hr is once in a blue moon now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.