Uber you need to fix the situation at LAX

UberIsAllFubared

With the demand at LAX climbing every day (I have had at least a dozen people download the app for the first time just so they could use it at LAX) uber is gonna have to fix the parking lot situation at LAX, or at least negotiate a better situation. I'm pretty sure uber is bringing more money into the LAX coffers than the Limo's, yet their parking space is 10 times the size as ours.

The lot is now way too small for the demand.

There is only ONE exit for the lot, and at times this is creating a huge bottle neck just to get out of the lot. Last week it took me 8 minutes just to make the right turn onto Jenny. Now this doesn't happen all the time, but at peak hours, its a huge problem just getting out of the lot.

Make both lanes from Jenny onto 96th street right turn lanes.

The cops need to chill out. I get they have a difficult situation, and they don't want the area to be a free for all, but I have gotten half my rides when the Queue is supposedly full, so don't give me crap that I need to leave the area because I am not in the queue.

With demand growing every day as more and more people are aware they can be picked up by lyft and uber at the airport this situation is getting out of hand.

Baby Cakes

With the demand at LAX climbing every day (I have had at least a dozen people download the app for the first time just so they could use it at LAX) uber is gonna have to fix the parking lot situation at LAX, or at least negotiate a better situation. I'm pretty sure uber is bringing more money into the LAX coffers than the Limo's, yet their parking space is 10 times the size as ours.

The lot is now way too small for the demand.

There is only ONE exit for the lot, and at times this is creating a huge bottle neck just to get out of the lot. Last week it took me 8 minutes just to make the right turn onto Jenny. Now this doesn't happen all the time, but at peak hours, its a huge problem just getting out of the lot.

Make both lanes from Jenny onto 96th street right turn lanes.

The cops need to chill out. I get they have a difficult situation, and they don't want the area to be a free for all, but I have gotten half my rides when the Queue is supposedly full, so don't give me crap that I need to leave the area because I am not in the queue.

With demand growing every day as more and more people are aware they can be picked up by lyft and uber at the airport this situation is getting out of hand.
try the four points on airport bl. there is not technically parking but there is some room right before you get to the lobby and you can prevent you are waiting for PAX indefinitely.

UBERBUS_LA

Yesterday, I got ticket because queue was full and I was entering TNC area. Many times it happened that I was in and out of the queue while in the TNC area. Sometimes we get text about heading to LAX saying only 2-3 cars are waiting there but by the time you get there queue is full. :mad::mad::mad::mad: The officer who gave me ticket said Lyft fixed this issue for their drivers. I dont know what they did.

UberIsAllFubared

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yesterday, I got ticket because queue was full and I was entering TNC area. Many times it happened that I was in and out of the queue while in the TNC area. Sometimes we get text about heading to LAX saying only 2-3 cars are waiting there but by the time you get there queue is full. :mad::mad::mad::mad: The officer who gave me ticket said Lyft fixed this issue for their drivers. I dont know what they did.
What the hell, you actually got a ticket? What the hell did he say to you? How are we suppose to know if the lot is full? Why didn't he just tell you to come back in a half hour?

UberIsAllFubared

The queue is always full, ALWAYS. I have done over 250 LAX pickups, and I have never gone into that lot in the queue. The lot can be almost empty and it still says queue full at first. Yes, sometimes I will get a ping on either 96th street or Jenny, or even as I am in the lot driving over to the TNC area, but this is maybe 3% of the time.

UBERBUS_LA

What the hell, you actually got a ticket? What the hell did he say to you? How are we suppose to know if the lot is full? Why didn't he just tell you to come back in a half hour?
slow down, slow down.
To your question #1 -It was citation with UNASSIGNED ACTIVITY, SECTION 7.2.4 (driver not in queue, exceeds 40 vehicle limit.)

To our question #2 Cop: You are not in queue.
Me I was in queue but thrown out of the queue when I was close to entering TNC.
Cop: I get that a lot.
Me: That's the fact. Uber or TNC operator needs to fix it.
Cop: Lyft already fixed this issue.
more talking but that's useless here to mention.

To our question #3 Because the app says Queue is full.

To our question #4 He wanted to give ticket. I got ticket and I entered TNC area and got ping in 10 min without being in queue:wink:

UBERBUS_LA

The queue is always full, ALWAYS. I have done over 250 LAX pickups, and I have never gone into that lot in the queue. The lot can be almost empty and it still says queue full at first. Yes, sometimes I will get a ping on either 96th street or Jenny, or even as I am in the lot driving over to the TNC area, but this is maybe 3% of the time.
You are more than 100% right. It happened to me always except 250 LAX pickups.

UberIsAllFubared

The Queue needs to be a lot higher than 40 cars. I was at LAX twice today and both times I get a ride request from the terminals I WAS NOT in the queue.

Being incredibly conservative, lets say there are 80 LAX pickups an hour at $4 a pickup (Its probably more like a hundred and fifty) thats $7680 a day Uber is turning over to LAX. Which means LAX is making over $230,000 a month off uber. And these numbers are only going to keep growing astronomically. WE NEED A BIGGER LOT, AND WE NEED A BIGGER QUEUE!!!