• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber XL

Tulsamike

Just a question. I have a car now that I can use XL on. How is the business on the XL side of Uber? Just looking for any feedback.

Thank you in advance.

lkm1220

Did you start driving with XL? I'm currently car shopping and wonder if there are enough XL rides to make it worth buying an XL qualified vehicle.

warrior lady

I drive XL in Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland metro area. I am most likely to get XL requests Thursday night- Saturday night. Mostly college kids going to and from the bars and clubs. We have many colleges in this area. Also now that it is tourist season, I get XL tourist groups sometimes, and XL groups going to conventions/conferences. The other times I get lot of XL are to and from concerts and all kinds of sports games.Also sometimes get XL at airport with 4 or less riders but have a lot of bags. Get a fair amount of bachelor/bachelorette XL groups also.

ALso, sometimes extra tall riders or riders of "size," will order XL because they don't want to be crammed into a Uber X car, often a tiny Prius.

My area is probably a lot busier than yours, but if you do a little research you probably have enough opportunities to make decent $ driving XL. Especiaslly if you have an airport, concerts, sporting events, colleges, and a good sized bar or club area.

I drive a 2013 Dodge caravan. It has an economy, gas saving mode. If you buy an XL vehicle, I highly suggest one with a economy or energy-saving mode.